Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I have no problems sleeping in on the weekends. Up at 6 during the week, and never before 9 on the weekends.

Me either!!!

What is it about men and long hair. My dh is all happy because I am letting mine grow longer again.

That's why I started growing it - hoping I'll lose a good bit of weight and have that in the attraction arsenal!

And about others' opinions about me having not cut it enough - eh, it's just hair. It's not like that was my only haircut for the rest of my life! Plus I had to try to make the photo sizes comparable.

That is awesome news! I can't wait to be done. I did manage to lose a total of 7 pounds on the pouch test last week.

Wow! I still haven't looked at the pouch test; maybe I need to check it out!

Edited by SickNTired

Hehehe, the Nashville Ninnies are Houston's curse on Tennessee. Our gain is your loss. :tongue2:

Needless to say, my husband agrees with you on that one.

i'm sorry - i am married to the craziest cowboy fan EVER. he's still sad. i did get him convinced (sorry ceradad) to go for my NYGiants today - we have football watching party that started about an hr ago. LOL the crazies are here!!!!

I asked him if we still had to watch the Superbowl since the Titans weren't going to be in it. It was too funny. Not only are we watching it, he still plans to have his "party" just not for his boys.

OH's Rants & Raves is a vast wasteland IMO and not worth the effort to even skim for interesting discussions.

I asked him if we still had to watch the Superbowl since the Titans weren't going to be in it. It was too funny. Not only are we watching it, he still plans to have his "party" just not for his boys.

My dad and brother were at the game but I didn't get any texts while they were there. The Titans have done so much better this year than in years passed so I don't think they have anything to hang their head about!

My dad and brother were at the game but I didn't get any texts while they were there. The Titans have done so much better this year than in years passed so I don't think they have anything to hang their head about!

True, but there are elements of that game yesterday that were downright shameful.:tongue2:

I did manage to lose a total of 7 pounds on the pouch test last week.

that is fantastic susan!!!

i wish i heard of the pouch test sooner - if nothing else it totally curbed my appetite & where i thought i needed a fill; i'll have a slight unfill on tsday.

ok - football is over for me; sucks the lifeblood of my household from aug - jan.......back to normal or something like that here at the homestead.

Well, I've been lurking here for a while. And finally decided to introduce myself. I read the first 80 pages - then skipped to page 573.

I read some of those firsts posts to the DH - especially the ones that made laugh until I cried. I was amazed. Said they can't say those kinda' things on the Disney threads he reads.

Anyhow ... I had my band done May 19, 2008 and I've lost 85 pounds so far. I really had to back off this fall with the exercise. I had minor back surgery and then ingrown toenails removed on both feet. Figured I'd met my deductible so I might as well get some other stuff done.

I had my second fill Dec 16th. It took me awhile to figure out it was too tight. And the doctor's nurse I spoke to the first week after the fill didn't seem to think there was a problem. Hello, I still can't do anything but liquids. I finally got to speak to the doctor's bariatric assistant and she has me in to get an unfill on Tuesday. I wanted to tell all you "old-timers" (definitely not a comment on any woman's age!) a great big THANK YOU!

My motivation has certainly gotten a kick in the pants. I sure needed it.

And, although I hate fish, thanks for the recipes - I eat a lot of it now and like to be able to cover up the taste.

Michele

Well, I've been lurking here for a while. And finally decided to introduce myself.

well hey michele - i'm on a salmon kick as of late so toss any good recps my way......congrats on your weightloss!!

I don't get it with the men and long hair thing. I told my husband he was welcome to grow his long. When mine was down to my butt it took me an extra 1/2 hour just in the shower.

Some day I'll get brave and cut it long enough to spike. My cousin actually shaved her head. But it takes a nice looking head to do that - I think more men should be told that.

thanks ya'll very much :wub::wub:

dh and i are celebrating this am w/the 3 B's:

bacon

biscuits

& bloody marys......:thumbdown:

alright that a great way to start a sunday...

I've always wanted to shave my head but I'm not brave enough.

Well as has been said, it takes a nice looking head to look nice bald!

I have proof that someone, somewhere in time dropped me on my head, I have a flat spot!!! Seriously! just behind where my part ends, there is a flat spot.....never noticed it, until I was bald!

Now bald with a nice healthy glowing skintone, and some smoky eye make up, with nicely groomed brows and masacara'd eyelashes might present a different picture than that of my sickly green tinted skin and no brows or lashes!!!!!!

Friggin' chemo was not a sexy look!!!

Nope, I like my hair simple. #1 I like just having hair. #2 I do not want to spend much time working with it, I prefer a wash & go.

Mine is long, say mid back---between my shoulders and bra strap. Layered a lot because with my natural curl, it works! I occasionally will use a curling Iron on my bangs and floof them out a bit---otherwise, it is wash, mouse, and go! Slap on some tinted sunscreen, mascara and head out! I used to take more time, do more make up, and worry about my hair....getting lazy in my old age!

Kat

That is my fear. That I'll shave it off and not have a nice head.