Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Anybody taken a z-pack for illness? It's apparently a steriod, something I didn't know. And if you did, did you gain from it? And/or is 5 days enough to gain from a heavy steroid?

Anybody taken a z-pack for illness? It's apparently a steriod, something I didn't know. And if you did, did you gain from it? And/or is 5 days enough to gain from a heavy steroid?

A Z-pack is an antibiotic. Moderately strong. Generic name is "Azithromycin". The term "z-pack" refers to a 5 day course. I will tell you this......I have never had anything that a zpack didn't knock right out.

The downside: If you don't have something "bacterial" going on (like a bug of some sort) you run the risk of the germs becoming "resistant" to the azithromycin (but the same can be said with all antibiotics).

A Z-pack is an antibiotic. Moderately strong. Generic name is "Azithromycin". The term "z-pack" refers to a 5 day course. I will tell you this......I have never had anything that a zpack didn't knock right out.

The downside: If you don't have something "bacterial" going on (like a bug of some sort) you run the risk of the germs becoming "resistant" to the azithromycin (but the same can be said with all antibiotics).

Okay, then somebody misinformed me. I don't recall who, but I was told it was a steroid. Yeah, it knocked out what I had, but I DO know a couple people who the z-pack almost does nothing for.

The downside: If you don't have something "bacterial" going on (like a bug of some sort) you run the risk of the germs becoming "resistant" to the arithromycin (but the same can be said with all antibiotics).

PS - Z-packs aren't strong enough for me. When I lived in Memphis, I have bi-annual bronchitis/sinusitis attacks so I guess I just outgrew Z-packs!

Okay, then somebody misinformed me. I don't recall who, but I was told it was a steroid.

Kind of like the time somebody sold me some "anti-impotence" pills. Turned out that they were just Tylenol. Last time I go to see a doctor whose office is in the storeroom of a "7-11".

Kind of like the time somebody sold me some "anti-impotence" pills. Turned out that they were just Tylenol. Last time I go to see a doctor whose office is in the storeroom of a "7-11".

Hehe, my mom used to go to a GP that was in a little strip center where there was a convenience store. Whenever she went to that doctor, she called him Dr. Stop-N-Go. :thumbup:

Ewwwwww, TMI. :thumbup:

Plain if that woman is your wife....I know you too and you are an ASS!! LOL......nah, that eye is not bloodshot and baggy enough to be the hippies husband!!!!

Well we went and met the grandson! Despite the SOL, and DH did have words with both he and our DD. SOL knows we are not putting up with his sh*t anymore. So baby is adorable! He is a biggun! He weighed in at 8 lbs 12 oz. 21.5" long, and his feet are so big they go out of the top and bottom of the box on the birth certificate form!!! He has light brown hair and kind of a hazel looking eyes, no blue to them at all! His name is Corvin Brock. We will try to move on from here, but without taking anymore crap from SOL.

I have taken Z packs for many infections through the years, and the one thing I know about them is you need to take some acidopholos (sp?) or eat lots of yogurt....the 5 day pack inevitably leads to yeast infections for me! Not always the one you are thinking of either!! I have had bouts with thrush in my mouth from the antibiotics too.

I have been taking steroids long term now for some hive issues, that tend to form in my throat. I am going off them this next week, and trying a different treatment.....wish me luck. I HATE these drugs, my face is as fat as it was when I was at my high weight, I am ALWAYS hungry! On the good side, it did improve other appetites as well, although they were never really hurting! But this is a horrible drug--horrible! It really did help the pain in my knee though, wish it had dealt as swiftly with the hives. They are believed to be stress related---so today did nothing to help with that!!

Thanks for all the support and allowing me to spout off about the jerk SOL!!

Kat

Kat,

so glad you got to meet the big guy... :thumbup:

i second the z-pack and yogurt combo... absolutely necessary... although, i'm like that with any antibiotic...

Ewwwwww, TMI. :thumbup:

Do you mean to say that my state of constant flaccidness is offensive? I haven't even posted the pics yet....

its on the table from 5-5:30.

Well dh doesn't get home until 6 and I don't get home until 7:30 or even 8:00 so even planning wouldn't help us. :thumbup:

Richard cries too much to ever engage in such carnal activities....

Plus I think plain is more his type.

I am so old, I've never seen The Real World. But I did watch The Osbournes for a while.

Do you mean to say that my state of constant flaccidness is offensive? I haven't even posted the pics yet....

Pleeeeaaasseeeee, DON'T!!!

Not something I needed to read as I was taking a large swallow of HOT coffee.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_angry.png" alt=":angry:" />

Please don't.

Well dh doesn't get home until 6 and I don't get home until 7:30 or even 8:00 so even planning wouldn't help us. :eek:

Plus I think plain is more his type.

I am so old, I've never seen The Real World. But I did watch The Osbournes for a while.

Richard might even deny plain.:cool:

I would sneak to watch the Osbournes.:thumbup:

Pleeeeaaasseeeee, DON'T!!!

What tap said.