Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I've lost the 2lbs I've gained through the holidays and if I eat very little tonight I'm sure I can break through and drop another lb by weds..who hoo

Just so u guys know I don't give advice to the newbies ..because I follow the calories in calories out theory and I don't want them to think they can eat crap and have the same success...

Well isn't THAT a lovely thing to read first thing in the morning???

HA!!!

Hi!, everyone. I hope some one can help me. I went to ticker factory.com Posted and pick out a ruler,in weight loss. Stated all my info, but the problem is how to enter onto this website. Please

help.......... help......... Loretta.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

hope all you sickies feel better (and keep it to yourself!)

Amen!!! <sprays lysol>

I'm such a bad bandster though I live off cheetos and fruitroll ups and choc ice cream...

You eat that and get into a bikini? Send exact menus!!! :frown:

pjtp - ummmmm, not feeling so hot has created a Facebook addict out of me..

You're welcome!!!

I've lost the 2lbs I've gained through the holidays and if I eat very little tonight I'm sure I can break through and drop another lb by weds..who hoo

I haven't had the nerve to weigh yet. I guess I should tomorrow morning since I get fill #2, huh? :crying:

Just so u guys know I don't give advice to the newbies ..because I follow the calories in calories out theory and I don't want them to think they can eat crap and have the same success...

Even if you did give them advice, you know what you SHOULD do. Too many of these noobs right out of the hospital say, "Eh, chicken fingers? Sure, I think I can do 'em even though the doctor said no."

Beth, don't feel bad. I am having trouble with FB also.:frown: I have 1/2 of the right side missing on it. It has been like that from day 1. I can read part of the boxes but not all. It is like some one covered it with a peice of paper.

PJTP-

20 yrs ago this morning, my sister, brother and I woke up to find our mom was not at home. As it was Christmas Eve morning, obviously, we couldn't figure out why. Shortly after we got up, she came home. Said she had received a phone call earlier and she needed to drive around to figure out the best way to tell us our dad had died of a heart attack in southern Missouri.

My parents divorced when I was 3 and we hardly saw him outside of a week during the summer. Even then, he worked instead of taking vacation, so we only saw him a few hours each night. Needless to say, it was a strained relationship.

There was so much he, and us, missed out on even before his death. He didn't come me or my brother play in sports or my sister cheerlead. He never met any of our girlfriends or boyfriends. He never even knew our friends.

Still, I loved him. He was my dad. I see alot of the way he did interact with me coming out in the relationship I have in with Cera. I tease her the way he used to tease me. He used to tell me I was his favorite oldest son. I tell her she is my favorite child.

He had been in the hospital for almost a week prior to his passing for chest pains. He never told us. He died of a complete blockage of one of his arteries leading from his heart. He never had a chance. We never got a chance to say good bye to him. He was a big man, 6' 2" and well over 300 lbs. He never exercised and sat behind a desk all day.

I was 18 when he passed away. I have now spent more of my life without my dad than I did with him alive. Even though he was not the father I would have wanted, or needed, he was my dad and I miss him.

With all the bad, some good did come out of his death. It was because of all that we missed out with him that I decided on the lap band. Even though I was adopted, body wise I looked alot like him. I was going to do all I could to make sure Cera had a father as long as possible.

Sorry for being a downer today. For the past 20 years Christmas Eve and Christmas just don't have the same joyous atmosphere for me.

Thanks for "listening" everyone.

Well, Shit. I know it was difficult for you to type this, but I hope you feel a little better now that you did. It wasn't until I became a father (I married into my oldest son, so I was kind of an "instant" dad) that I fully understood the effect that parents (and fathers in particular) have on the lives of their kids, for better or for worse. I can tell by your post that you are a good father for Cera......so in a weird, indirect way, your father is responsible for that. SO.....too much touchy feely stuff. WTH happened to the 'boys?!?

2 quotes from Christmas morning... both from DD.

upon viewing her new (anatomically correct boy) doll and seeing his "package":

'whooops'

I wonder if that will be her reply unpon her first encounter with the real thing?

Bf bought rock band guitar hero for my kid but hasn't stopped playing it all day..he's 33 sad..I just don't get it...

Dude! Just play it! Then you'll see the appeal. I can perform the hell outta "wanted dead or alive" on rockband.

**BRAG WARNING**

Another PJTP: My new grandbaby who I will meet next week!!

l_ad8c3a7b3dbf4e13a1bbf51974b06d43.jpg

l_77e7d8adeecd4d3f92fb58b7637f5e74.jpg

Sheesh! Was her dad a Sinatra? LOL

Not doing well. Can't go to the Dr roads are horrible so I am just medicating myself well...

Doing shots doesn't count as "medicine", Brandy! LOL

Me too! I have yet to feel any real restriction. I was hoping that this last fill 2 weeks ago would kick in, but so far nothing!:thumbup:

Remember, finding the "sweet spot" is a dynamic thing.....a constant struggle with small adjustments.

I'm with you Slim. I'm very excited about fill #2 hoping it will slow me down some. Every once in a while I will feel a little sliming and I have to sit up straight but that's it. Plus I am trying much harder to pay attention to feeling full.

Right on. "Jack" has written, IMO, very good advice on feeling "full" vs. feeling "not hungry".

Ugh time to get back to painting....anyone wanna come over and help??

Sure, but.....I paint like Jackson Pollack. Is that ok with you?

What do u guys do for razor burn..I like the no carpet look even if no one sees it ...but razor bumps are a pain...can we talk about this here or should I take it to the powder room..
PJTP: I GOT Facebook! I feel like I finally became one of the cool kids, even if my site is really lame right now. :lol:

Hey add me, or PM me your name. If you want to be FB friends, that is. I know I'm a little abrasive at times...:crying:

PJTP: I get my first fill today. :wink:

Cool....you're starting the true journey now.

SMS, I am so jealous of you. I am in Florida too, but no where near bikini ready yet. Hopefully by Christmas 2009 I will be though, and then maybe I will join you on the beach!!

I think you're bikini ready now. By Christmas 2009 you should be "nude beach" ready!

Hehehe, I'm feeling utterly fiendish. It all started with the mooseknuckle. I'm going to hell for sure. :frown:

Mooseknuckle? Who? Where?

PJTP: Okay, we have an issue. Either Plain and Ceredad kidnapped Donna, OR one of them really IS Donna. Kinda like how you NEVER see Michael and LaToya Jackson together. Duh-duh-DUHHHH...

Donna PM'd me that she'd be going out of town for the holidays. Or did she? Dud-duh-DUHHHHHHH

I have a confession. Last week when when I weighed in, my weight was 159.5. I was pissed because two days earlier it was 159. So I put 159 in my ticker figuring it would go back down to 159 the next day and then I'd lose some more and no one would ever know.

This breaks two of my rules. First, I was weighing more than once a week. Second, I *always* round up.

So today I paid the piper. I only weigh 159 and now it looks like I didn't lose anything this week even though I did. That's what I get for cheating, I guess.

Edited by MacMadame

Beth: I tried to add you on Facebook. I can't find you with your name or email! You will have to add me. :frown: