Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

one caveat; they need to be careful w/the wax. if it drips too far south - you may have bathroom issues....not that i know anything about that:sneaky:

ok - my kitchen now looks like my post op science project.

i have my magic bullet, 4 kinds of Protein Drinks, smoothie machine, fresh fruit......i caved and got on the scale this AM; needed to know what i was working with 129.8...whewww, ok almost 7lbs to go. i can lick that!!!

OUCH!!

7 pounds - you can do it Lulu! I think 7 pounds is probably what I gained on my stomach alone!

More like general anesthesia and a morphine drip afterwards! :tongue_smilie:

Snort!!!:):lol:

My Dr. told me that I would be emotional until my body adjusted to the excess estrogen being dumped in. He also said it is much worse for women who still have cycles, and periods. Personally I had a hysterectomy several years ago, so when my body adjusted to the fairly steady release of hormone, it adjusted--but my body was not making any other to work with.

If you think about a "normal" womans cycle, there are periods (no pun intended) where your body naturally increases hormone production, so that your period comes on. Add to that an influx of estrogen being released from the fat cells....and hello PMS----even when it is technically NOT PMS time. And when it is??? The levels could be waaaaay high!

I used to get Migraine headaches caused by estrogen surges. They went away completely when my hysterectomy was done. Then I had 2 right after banding, and another when I had the intestinal twist and lost massive weight suddenly. When it gets dumped into my system that way it triggers the migraine......kind of nice to know you are losing fat, but stepping on the scale is so much less painful!!!!

When you begin losing slowly, and steadily----not having the erratic surges of lose-stall-lose-stall, it seems to mellow out. I am sure it will take longer for those of you still dealing with natural hormonal surges tho. Good Luck----but you are NOT alone!!

There was even a man on here who mentioned the emotional aspect, and he was concerned about breast tenderness!

Kat

I hope that the adjuster shows up soon, and that you don't have further damage because of Water and ice.

Thanks. It may only be in my mind, but I swear I can feel cold air blowing through the house now. I hope it is NOT real - that would suggest a MAJOR problem...and I cannot afford a major problem!!!

Still waiting for an adjuster - almost 5 hours later.

remember when my contractor busted a Water main and it was raining on my entire downstairs? it was during hurricane ike (houston). we HAD to leave everything wet & water damaged, though were able to rip up the floors that were carpeted...but we had it all on the front porch.

not sure your insurance (we have Nationwide) - we had an adjuster w/in 15hrs...not too bad considering most adjusters in the area had gone down to houston to assess the damage.

get buckets if water is leaking & get your digital camera out and click away.

8_6_50.gif Beth, are you feeling any better today?

**GROSS-OUT WARNING**

Thank you for asking. I guess the answer is yes and no. Don't feel BAD, but omg, I have never had so much sinus "stuff" in my life EVER! I have almost gone through an entire HUGE Costco-sized box of tissues just in the last few days. I can't believe a body can make so much "stuff" and not actually BE a slime machine. :) And what's worse is that I had to finally get up because it was draining down my throat so much that I was afraid I was gonna urp. I've just never had this before. I will likely go to the doc tomorrow if it's not almost gone as my fill is tomorrow afternoon! :tongue_smilie:

Brazillian wax...NO WAY JOSE! What's there will stay there! I hated the itching from having kids and being shaved there.

Hello! I won't even wax my LEGS much less my nether regions! OWWWW!

:crying:I am ready to commit myself at this point. Passing the restaurant yesterday crying almost did me in. :unsure:I could not believe I was crying because of that. I am glad I am not alone, but I sure wish it would go away.

Oh wow, so DH gets to experience this too?? lol Wait till I tell him.

I thought we were both gonna lose it this time last year when I went through a bad bout of "issues" and crying and getting overly upset at stuff. I was crying at the drop of a hat; and while I don't have issues with crying, I don't cry like THAT.

My boss noticed it too and thankfully asked me if I had had my hormones tested. Of course I said NO, at that time I was only 42. Well, I got tested and was off the charts low, pre-menopausal. I was also still on the pill. So I immediately got off, told hubby it was time for the ol' snip-snip, and after about 3 months things leveled off. And he just thought it was safe to get back in the Water. Bwaaaaaaahaaaahaaaa!

"Yes, dear, I know that I'm a raving lunatic, but look how hot I am while I'm coming at you with a meat cleaver."

ARGGHHHH!!!!

Around 6am I heard a huge C-R-A-C-K sound, felt the house shake, the cats when racing for the basement and I jumped out of my skin! I searched the inside of the house - nothing unusual. Dressed in my outside gear, went outside....a HUGE tree has cracked in half in the back yard, and one main branch although still attached at one point to the trunk is on the roof. From the ground - I can see damage....did I mention it is pouring freezing rain?!?!?

DH is at work. Called the insurance company. Their words - don't try to remove it until the adjuster sees it. WTF? What makes them think I am going to get out a 50' extension ladder, prop it up in the ice/snow and go climbing?? When is the adjuster coming? Tap asks nicely. "We don't know; it is difficult to find an adjuster working on this weekend. It's the Xmas break" says the insurance person. Tap is a little agitated...there is the potential that the roof is badly damaged; I can't see it from the ground, but I do know that Water and ice falling would not be good if the roof has a hole. Perhaps sooner rather than later would be a good idea. Adjuster: well, I will see what I can do.

Still waiting for an adjuster - almost 5 hours later.

OH WOW, that sucks, Tap! :)

And what's worse is the adjuster is just part of it. Then you have to get somebody to fix it... and how much damage can occur before it gets fixed?

Can you at least throw a tarp over it until somebody gets out there to keep out as much moisture as possible? And by "you" I don't mean YOU. :tongue_smilie:

OUCH!!

7 pounds - you can do it Lulu! I think 7 pounds is probably what I gained on my stomach alone!

Yeah, but unless I'm missing something, she's only up 3.8 since the last time she posted her weight, which shows 126 with a little asterisk by it (which I won't even ask why, lol). So that means only up 3.8 and 7 total from goal...? Am I right, Lulu?

Yeah, but unless I'm missing something, she's only up 3.8 since the last time she posted her weight, which shows 126 with a little asterisk by it (which I won't even ask why, lol). So that means only up 3.8 and 7 total from goal...? Am I right, Lulu?

keeping tabs?? lol

was 123 for quite a while, after turkey day i gained 3. *asterisk was to remind me not to gain more, ....well i gained another 3.8 & No, not changing my ticker number. :tongue_smilie:

hubby said he had more to "squish" ... i'm sure that was a term of endearment.:)

"Yes, dear, I know that I'm a raving lunatic, but look how hot I am while I'm coming at you with a meat cleaver."

:tongue_smilie::lol::lol:That is so me!:):lol::)

keeping tabs?? lol

was 123 for quite a while, after turkey day i gained 3. *asterisk was to remind me not to gain more, ....well i gained another 3.8 & No, not changing my ticker number. :tongue_smilie:

hubby said he had more to "squish" ... i'm sure that was a term of endearment.:)

Hehe, lap-band weight stalkerish, no?

I just get used to people's sig lines and noticed the little purple asterisk. Can't say anything gets by me.

Hell, just remember there are those of us who WISH we had only seven pounds to lose. If you got the snot issues that I have, you'd lose three in two days like I did. Half of your problem solved. :)

I must remember that line!:)

Can you at least throw a tarp over it until somebody gets out there to keep out as much moisture as possible?

Gotta find someone who is willing to get out the ladder (after first digging their way to the shed), to then climb the ladder and move the branch before I could put a tarp on. Oddly enough, not a lot of people are around today...unless the neighbors can see the problem and are hiding inside their houses ...

hubby said he had more to "squish" ... i'm sure that was a term of endearment.:tongue_smilie:

Absolutely positive that's what he meant, in his ever so eloquent style.

Good reminder about the camera though - must finish this note and then go take some pics...

UPDATE: Regional office Adjuster phoned; the adjuster for my town will call me when he is finished at another location...apparently the singular gust of strong winds this morning caused a few problems; I'm 'on the list'.

PJTP: I think I have too pull hubby aside and have him break the news to his friend that they need to get a hotel later on this week. This is a tough one.

Just got off the phone with my mom, and she is right: Kiddo is coming on Wednesday with my new grandbaby. I haven't seen kiddo in 3 1/2 years, and have never met the grandbaby.

This childhood friend of hubby's tentatively made plans to come out here a couple months ago, but honestly, until about Tuesday of this past week, we didn't know for sure if he was coming here or going to Las Vegas with his 16-year-old daughter. In the meantime, I made plans for kiddo to come since I am off and finally had some time I could commit to her.

We have a four bedroom, but only three of them have beds. Obviously he and his daughter are taking up two rooms. My mom said, "They ARE leaving when DD gets there, aren't they?" I said that that wasn't necessarily the plan.

They're leaving Wednesday by train to go to Times Square for New Years, and originally I thought they were going to get a hotel and stay there for a couple days and see some sights there too. Nope... I booked his train for him the other day and asked how long they were staying there, and they're literally turning right around and getting on a 3:00am train to come BACK this way.

My mom said that since this is our daughter and we haven't seen her in so long and have never met the baby, and since the plans with hubby's friend were up in the air for so long, we need to ask them to get a hotel come Wednesday. These are the people that were SUPPOSED to show up yesterday and came a day EARLY.

By Wednesday we will have entertained them about five days. I know they will spend a lot of time in DC, but at the rate this is going, they won't see much. Hubby and the friend went out to Hooters last night to see the pay-per-view fight and got home around 2am and sat outside and talked until 4:00. It is now noon and I am the only one up.

I know my mom is absolutely right. However, I'm at a loss as to how to break it to them that hey, you have to leave. :tongue_smilie:

ARGGHHHH!!!!

Around 6am I heard a huge C-R-A-C-K sound, felt the house shake, the cats when racing for the basement and I jumped out of my skin! I searched the inside of the house - nothing unusual. Dressed in my outside gear, went outside....a HUGE tree has cracked in half in the back yard, and one main branch although still attached at one point to the trunk is on the roof. From the ground - I can see damage....did I mention it is pouring freezing rain?!?!?

Oh no!! That is the pits! I hope you can get someone out soon!!

My Dr. told me that I would be emotional until my body adjusted to the excess estrogen being dumped in. He also said it is much worse for women who still have cycles, and periods. Personally I had a hysterectomy several years ago, so when my body adjusted to the fairly steady release of hormone, it adjusted--but my body was not making any other to work with.

If you think about a "normal" womans cycle, there are periods (no pun intended) where your body naturally increases hormone production, so that your period comes on. Add to that an influx of estrogen being released from the fat cells....and hello PMS----even when it is technically NOT PMS time. And when it is??? The levels could be waaaaay high!

When you begin losing slowly, and steadily----not having the erratic surges of lose-stall-lose-stall, it seems to mellow out.

Kat

I have terrible PMS symptoms! I can be a real humidified beeeoch!! lol

I love it!!! We need to have t-shirts made!:tongue_smilie:

Edited by ColoradoChick

Beth - Why not just tell them that your daughter and grand-daughter are coming for a visit? If they are at all smart/polite they will realize the bedroom number is insufficient, and will volunteer to leave. If they do not pick up on that, then DH can talk with his friend privately....