Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Add me on Facebook

Brandy Robertson-Chase

I always read that as Brandy Robinson Crusoe

Congrats to your daughter CC!

Hey, she got in before the new year. That's awesome.

WOW - There is no way I can catch up on all the events since last I posted. Reading just the last page or so....

She - you have been busy. It's always such a great feeling when the job is done

Beth - that child is beautiful. Enjoy your time with her.

CC- your daughter is fortunate to have you helping her through this...now comes the real 'easy :glare:' part - living a bandster life.

BBK - OUCH! Hope you and your daughter are feeling better.

Bambam - nope. Don't understand the attraction to games like Guitar hero/Rockband.

So, time for me to get back on the bandster wagon - I not only fell off, I've been run over by it! Non-stop eating for the last 4 days and I feel slow bloated lethargic sick! If you pace yourself you can eat WAY too much food - blech!!

PJTP...If anyone is interested (other than the ones who already knows) I have joined FB. If you want to be my freind just let me know you are a bandster. Paula Gushard.

Tap I know how your feeling. I started the 5 day pouch test yesterday to offset the weight I gained from constant grazing and eating all the wrong foods. I will be done just in time for the new year. Good thing I don't do a big to-do on new years!

8_6_50.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

So, time for me to get back on the bandster wagon - I not only fell off, I've been run over by it!

Okay, I know the situation itself isn't funny, but that comment right there is! :thumbup:

Update 2: Last night was one of little sleep. My daughter was up every hour to use the restroom. We have walked the hallway 8 times since 5pm yesterday. She is doing so much better than I did. It is the joy of being 18 years old! We should be heading home after lunch today which will be good for the general public since I forgot my toothbrush in the rush to get here! lol

The staff at the hospital has been very good with one exception. My daughters first nurse did not have much empathy for the gas pains in her shoulders. She told her not to cry since it was "only gas pain". I asked the nurse how she did with her own laproscopic surgery gas pain and of course she said she has never had surgery. lol What a beeeeoccchhhh!! Other than that it has been great. She just took her first pain meds by mouth and she tolerated it great.

Congrats to your daughter CC!

I painted the house for 7 HOURS today. I am going to be in so much pain tomorrow...and I only have, oh, by my guesstimation about 10 hours more work to do.....!!

Thank you! I need to paint the inside of my house. I am not looking forward to it!! I need to find some friends who LOVE to paint! lol

I look forward to the day I can jump up and down with her. When she gets home, I have something for her that she can use specifically along her journey if she so wishes.

Awww, that is nice Beth. Thank you!

CC- your daughter is fortunate to have you helping her through this...now comes the real 'easy :glare:' part - living a bandster life.

Yes it is all 'easy' from now on. bwwwaaaahahahahahha

So, time for me to get back on the bandster wagon - I not only fell off, I've been run over by it! Non-stop eating for the last 4 days and I feel slow bloated lethargic sick! If you pace yourself you can eat WAY too much food - blech!!

I feel the same way. I have to crawl back onto the wagon! My band feels really tight so it should be easier to do. I got rid of the candy and nuts when my brother was here. I loaded his bag with all my bad Christmas goodies. xmastree.gif

Bf bought rock band guitar hero for my kid but hasn't stopped playing it all day..he's 33 sad..I just don't get it...

Ahhh, play it and you will be addicted. We have had Guitar Hero for a long time, and I bought the family Rock Band 2 for Christmas. I am turning into quite the drummer!!

Maybe it was cold. :thumbup:

And thinking they're tiny is not a bad thing. For some it's true. :smile:

Oh my, looking for something to wipe the Water off my screen that shot through my nose. That was hysterical.

**BRAG WARNING**

Another PJTP: My new grandbaby who I will meet next week!!

Beth, she is absolutely beautiful. I have never seen more gorgeous blue eyes!

PJTP: Long story short - my daughter had her surgery today!! She is a new bandster!! I am sitting in her hospital room right now. She is having a lot of shoulder pain but is really being a trooper. I will be spending the night as she does not want me to leave her alone. Even though she is 18 she is still my baby! lol

CC, I am so happy she was able to get it. It sounds like she is recovering well. That is great news.

I painted the house for 7 HOURS today. I am going to be in so much pain tomorrow...and I only have, oh, by my guesstimation about 10 hours more work to do.....!!

Ugh, dh and I were just talking about the fact that we need to start painting our house, inside and out. I am not looking forward to it.

PJTP...If anyone is interested (other than the ones who already knows) I have joined FB. If you want to be my freind just let me know you are a bandster. Paula Gushard.

Tap I know how your feeling. I started the 5 day pouch test yesterday to offset the weight I gained from constant grazing and eating all the wrong foods. I will be done just in time for the new year. Good thing I don't do a big to-do on new years!

Yey, we are friends! DH and I are both determined to get skinny now that the holidays are over. Back to the gym we go. I am probably going to do the 5 day pouch test to, it works great for helping you get back on track.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. Ours was wonderful.

i think i need to do the pouch test myself - just book marked it.

i went CRAZY lazy night with Cookies & chocolate, that my tummy is so swollen this morning.

1 party tonight (at our house) and 1 more nyrs eve....i am SO over it all, i just want my little normal band life back. DH said that he's sending me to band school "how to eat in front of others" class. apparently i eat 3/4 bites then push the plate away with disgust - i have no idea i do this. BUT i can graze all damn day w/NO problem (social setting - dinners only).

with DH also banded and a LOT of business travel, he had to learn to eat in front of others....me not so much.

so off to central market to get some crab legs...trying to be good today - doing a crab boil tonight & hope noboby brings dessert; i'll have fresh fruit salad..i HOPE!!!!

You WILL have fruit salad only for dessert tonight, Lulu *she said in her best hypnotic, Svengali-like voice*! :smile:

i AM.....:thumbup:

just cut up some kiwis/strawberries/mango/papaya & hubby said , what no Cookies? nothing sweet?

if i see another linzer tart i will fight someone for it - not so much a cookie person but those raspberry thingys are driving me crazy this wk....

i think i need to do the pouch test myself - just book marked it.

I am going to do the pouch test as well. Maybe those of us who want to do it can do it together.:thumbup:

PJTP: So... hubby's childhood friend and his daughter showed up yesterday. Which is fine, but they were expected today. They were driving from Houston to here starting Christmas afternoon and, being 1400 miles, said they'd be here sometime today.

So about 2pm yesterday we get a call -- they are in ROANOKE, VIRGINIA, about 3 1/2 hours away. And I'm still sick as a dog, looking forward to one more day of recuperation before having to entertain people, and of course, since I'd been sick, the house needed picking up. I have a cleaning crew that comes every other week, and of course this was the off week. I about fell over. Feeling sick, *GROSS-OUT WARNING* have lost 3 pounds in two days and I KNOW it's all the snot I've blown out my nose, and now I have to pick up in no time flat. Ugh... And DH, in all his "infinite wisdom" (read: NOT) canNOT figure out why I'm upset. Okay, I'm SICK, I was expecting them 24 hours from now, and they're virtually on our doorstep. I can be flexible, but geez. And as it was, we didn't know until the last minute whether they were coming here or going to Las Vegas.

Whew, okay, I'm done.

I am going to do the pouch test as well. Maybe those of us who want to do it can do it together.:thumbup:

I'll be doing the pouch test starting Monday anyway since I will be getting my first fill that day. :smile:

i want to start monday - like every other diet i've done, always started on monday...LOL

....think i can throw the cookie bouquet we got in the trash w/out dh complaining?? it was meant i'm sure for a family of 6 - not 2 who are both banded.

i AM.....:thumbup:

just cut up some kiwis/strawberries/mango/papaya & hubby said , what no Cookies? nothing sweet?

Tell him, "YES. There's kiwis, strawberries, mangos, and papayas." :smile: