Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTV(ent): I'm beginning to really hate my higher-up bosses. I take the initiative on my own (and PAY for it myself) to get certified in my field, and they treat like I spat on their children's graves. Why? Because it showed up the golden-haired child that they wanted to take my immediate boss's job when she retires in a couple weeks (and obviously she got the job).

So today I get an e-mail from somebody in the Education Department much higher up the chain, and she wants to write an article on me for a quarterly magazine that is put out by an organization I belong to and which helps sponsor the certificate program I took because I was the first on in VA to complete this course! I show it to the higher-up bosses, and one says, "Oh, that's nice," like I showed her some popsicle stick house I just made, and the other argues with me that I wasn't the first to finish the course, just the first to finish the non-credit bearing certificate course. WTF?? Had it been the golden haired child, they'd have gotten a 10-piece band to run up and down the halls at work, singing her praises. :huh2:

Beth - if it were a better economy, I would say you need to look for another job.

I'm sitting here just shaking my head. I do NOT understand how some folks are just chosen to be the golden children. There's a guy in my old department that just keeps getting promotions and I do not get it! He's dumber'n a box of hair!!!

All I can say is that I can empathize.

Brandy, remember--you were going to stay POSITIVE!

Beth - if it were a better economy, I would say you need to look for another job.

I'm sitting here just shaking my head. I do NOT understand how some folks are just chosen to be the golden children. There's a guy in my old department that just keeps getting promotions and I do not get it! He's dumber'n a box of hair!!!

All I can say is that I can empathize.

And the sad thing is, I really love what I do. Don't get paid crap for all the work I do -- it's government work, after all -- but still... I just hate this. I hate how they don't lift people up who show some gumption, take some initiative, and try to better themselves for their department.

It's not even really the economy. Technically we could live on what hubby makes -- not cuz he makes so much but because our debt is only utilities and our mortgage, thank God. I have been keeping my eyes open, but I'd like to stay in what I do, not only because I like it, but because they at least offer a pension (for now). It's just so aggravating, especially when the golden-haired child is being spoon-fed and pampered like the boss' child. :huh2:

Did I mention my car had FROST on it this morning?

Brandy, remember--you were going to stay POSITIVE!

YES BBK - hugs here 2!

cause ya can't have too many.....

LOL, yes you did. You must be somewhere that is not expected.

Las Vegas got snow today. And Houston got snow about a week ago, and we haven't gotten any yet.

LOL, yes you did. You must be somewhere that is not expected.

Las Vegas got snow today. And Houston got snow about a week ago, and we haven't gotten any yet.

yep - snow , sleet , rain this wk and sunday it was 80 degrees at the cowboy game..

yep - snow , sleet , rain this wk and sunday it was 80 degrees at the cowboy game..

We did get some sleet on Tuesday for a while. It's the closest we've gotten to snow.

Earlier today I saw weather underground and it said 80 percent chance of snow Sunday. Just a while ago I looked and they changed it to 50 percent chance of rain.

I have to say, though, I don't miss Houston's heat. I would get so worn out having warm Christmases and summers that lasted for nine months and winters that weren't really COLD but were damp chilly. Either way, all I wanted to do was stay inside. I find I really do enjoy the seasons -- especially the color change. And I find here that about the time I'm tired of winter, it's over. It's just long enough without overstaying its welcome. :huh2:

Beth - So sorry to hear about your troubles at work! _Bad_Day_.gif

Congrats on the article! That is awesome they want to write about you! When will it be published?_reading__revamp_by_humpy77.gif details, details!

Beth - So sorry to hear about your troubles at work! _Bad_Day_.gif

Congrats on the article! That is awesome they want to write about you! When will it be published?_reading__revamp_by_humpy77.gif details, details!

It's quarterly and offered through my organization, but it does hit all the mid-Atlantic. I'm not really sure when it will be published, but the woman who wrote me about it said she will work on what I send her after the holidays. :huh2:

Tried to call you earlier to walk doggies, but I guess y'all weren't home. We saw Santa, though! He and Rudolph drove through the neighborhood on the firetruck. :cursing:

It's quarterly and offered through my organization, but it does hit all the mid-Atlantic. I'm not really sure when it will be published, but the woman who wrote me about it said she will work on what I send her after the holidays. :huh2:

Tried to call you earlier to walk doggies, but I guess y'all weren't home. We saw Santa, though! He and Rudolph drove through the neighborhood on the firetruck. :cursing:

Oh no! I am sorry I missed you! My daughter starts liquids tomorrow so she wanted me to take her to dinner tonight. I am getting ready to take the doggies out right now. _dogwalk__by_bapity88.gif

PJTV(ent): I'm beginning to really hate my higher-up bosses.

She wants to write an article on me for a quarterly magazine Had it been the golden haired child, they'd have gotten a 10-piece band to run up and down the halls at work, singing her praises. :huh2:

That sucks, Beth. I know all about it....I work where the boss has a daughter-in-law as one staff member and her god-child as the receptionist. The receptionist has yet to figure out how to transfer calls - after 3 years. Just add the article to your resume and take pride in it!

. I do NOT understand how some folks are just chosen to be the golden children. dumber'n a box of hair!!!

See previous note: some of the chosen are related! However, I do like the 'dumber than a box of hair' similie. Consider it borrowed.

PJTP-- I am so sick of this all.....wtf....ugh...

Huggs BBK. Be strong, Be positive.

Did I mention another 10 inches of snow are forecast for tonight and tomorrow, and another weather dump on Sunday? And that's just this weeks 'blessing'????:cursing: