Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hey luluc

I was wondering about my port too I think its really going to stick out.. I'm kinda worried about that...let me know what u find out about it..its already poking up and I still want to lose 20lbs..

i have an appt w/my surgeon tomorrow afternoon, i'll let you know what he says.

mine is extremely visible, where it once was right next to my belly button - is now right where my sports bra hits, and it a tad tender.

i've had it checked twice to see if it's moved or out there floating since it moved about 3inches up - all seems fine. it's sore after a workout, and not sure because it hits my sports bra or what - but plan on getting it checked.

had a form fitting shirt on last night and DH walked up behind me at our dinner party to let me know it was showing :tongue2:

PJTP: My theory on Caylee - stupid young mom wanted to go out, parents didn't want to babysit 'cause she's been out partying too much lately... stupid young mom goes off in a huff but can't find a sitter and decides she'll chloroform her and leave her in the trunk while she goes in the club to party. Comes out and discovers dead child and panics. Decides to leave the car where noone can find it and then doesn't know what to tell people so she just keeps "hiding" from her parents. Doesn't excuse what she did, and she needs to pay, but death penalty seems a bit overkill (no pun intended).

I'm watching a show about the disappearance of Sabrina Eisenberg in FLA back in 1997 on TLC. These people supposedly left their garage door up and doors open. I can't imagine not having my doors/windows locked! They even had an alarm system. Why have an alarm system and not arm it?!?

PJTP: My theory on Caylee - stupid young mom wanted to go out, parents didn't want to babysit 'cause she's been out partying too much lately... stupid young mom goes off in a huff but can't find a sitter and decides she'll chloroform her and leave her in the trunk while she goes in the club to party. Comes out and discovers dead child and panics. Decides to leave the car where noone can find it and then doesn't know what to tell people so she just keeps "hiding" from her parents. Doesn't excuse what she did, and she needs to pay, but death penalty seems a bit overkill (no pun intended).

Seems very plausible.

The DA isn't seeking the death penalty.

I agree! This is exactly what I think happened!

Oh wow, you're SO LUCKY!!! I was gonna nab you for a walk this afternoon, but my online test at the campus, which usually takes about 30 minutes tops (get in, wait for a computer, take it) took me over THREE HOURS. Seems everybody on the campus was there to take a final. :tongue2: By the time I got home (not long ago), I was starving and it was getting cold. Tomorrow, maybe? Haven't seen you or kiddo in a long time!

We need to try and get the walk in soon! I have had a very busy weekend but hopefully next week is calmer. It has been a lot of fun though! I love socializing! My daughter starts her liquid diet on Friday so we are going to Outback or something on Thursday so she can have a steak.

I hope you did well on your test! I am so happy to be out of school! I thought about going back for my Masters but I cannot make myself do it yet. Maybe someday!!

I have a low profile port, have from the very beginning. My understanding is the biggest difference is getting a "hit" with a fill. My port overall is about the size of a quarter max---and the spot to hit for the fill is about as big around as the top of a pencil eraser.

I can feel mine, but I have to push to make out the perimeters of it. It sits just below my bra line a couple of inches, and a tad to the left of center.

Some positions (yeah just exactly what you're thinking!) I find are uncomfortable, and make it a bit tender and sore, I would imagine the bigger the port the more likely that would be to happen.

I cannot imagine ever being able to see it through my clothing. Even if I lost down 20 more pounds, I think it would be pretty well situated.

Kat

BBK - Some people just don't think it is polite to ask someone about them gaining/losing weight, or any personal appearance changes. I'm one of them. I never comment or ask.

LJM - Yay to DH for completing the half...an activity I cannot even imagine ever trying.

CC - I love the holidays as well. It is the socializing I enjoy - the preparations and cleaning and baking and drinking. As for school - I loved it. If it wasn't for the fact that I have to work, pay bills and have no money, I would be a perpetual student.

Beth - I'm like Susan; commando = chaffing and discomfort.

Donna - Re: Cayley. What you are saying is plausible; and I would never agree to a death sentence. But, it is time she and her family face the truth and the consequences of their actions (I believe the mother later knew and was an active participant in protecting the child).

Okay - it is monday morning; I am off on a business trip in a matter of hours. Take care everyone; chat with you in a day or two.

LJM--congrats to DH ! Yay!

Tap--I agree however why assume someone is dying instead of asking.

I have a low profile port and I guess I am a lucky one....mine STILL sticks out and bugs me. It is what is it I guess....oh well...

Good afternoon everyone! Posting just to say I lost 3 pounds last week!!! Yay me!

Good afternoon everyone! Posting just to say I lost 3 pounds last week!!! Yay me!

Woo Hoo Susan! I am doing the happy dance for you!!

that is fantastic susan!!

PJTP - I have my first appt with my primary care doc today...I think he'll be pleased with my weight loss, but my blood sugar numbers are not responding as well, so we'll see...

Re: People noticing that you've lost weight...I don't know why people won't mention THAT, but they will talk about you behind your back if you appear to be GAINING weight!:confused_smile:

Susan - doing a happy dance for you! Woo Hoo!:lol:

I don't know what I will do about my port if it sticks out when I get closer to goal. Because it's kinda "under" the girls, unless I lose a LOT of boob, it may not be an issue. So far, my bras don't irritate it...lucky me!:)

Anyone got any tips for making it through the holidays with no fill? I'm not scheduled until early January, but thinking about calling and begging for an appointment next week to help speed up my weight loss. Yeah, I know, it's been just under a month, but I don't want to gain anything over Christmas, and the head hunger is threatening to take over!:thumbup:

Anyone got any tips for making it through the holidays with no fill? I'm not scheduled until early January, but thinking about calling and begging for an appointment next week to help speed up my weight loss. Yeah, I know, it's been just under a month, but I don't want to gain anything over Christmas, and the head hunger is threatening to take over!:)

i was there last yr - just take it slow & try to fill up on healthier items. i have zero as far as a sweet tooth goes, but anything savory begs to be tasted....currently having cheese issues.LOL

re: low profile port.

doc does not want to do anything unless there is a problem. have an egd next wk - we'll see...he also didnt' give me a baby fill which i wanted till he see the results.