Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

And for those who love horses, watch this one dance! I told ColoradoChick about it a week ago and was going to send it to her, but it's so fantastic I thought I'd share -- just to share. :tt1:

Warning: It's a little over 6 minutes long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x11_gr71WmY]YouTube - Dancing Horse[/ame]

Also - great news today. My daughter just heard that her band surgery has been approved! Yipee! She is scheduled for surgery on 12/26.

Aw, you can be band mother-daughters instead of band sister.

guinea pigs are fat rats!

And rats are awesome! (Well, pet rats; not the wild kind.)

I guess I will just have to create another fb account so that I can join the 'cool' kids.

I sent the snow special delivery to you Luluc.

Staff christmas dinner tonight - egads, time with some people I wouldn't normally choose to socialize with. Good thing liquor is on the menu.

fur coats/charred monkeys - ewwww.

freezing rain - grrr. Walking to/from work is not gonna be an option I guess.

hot coffee - ahhhh.

Staff christmas dinner tonight - egads, time with some people I wouldn't normally choose to socialize with. Good thing liquor is on the menu.

fur coats/charred monkeys - ewwww.

Tap, plz clarify....do you mean to say charred monkeys served in a fur coat will be on the menu along with the liquor? 'Cause I wanna be at that party.

GAH! Bloody P-plate drivers! GRRR!!

So I'm driving down the main highway on my way to lunch with Chris. I'm on rightmost lane of three, next to the centre concrete road dividers (we drive on the left here) and there's a big truck in the middle lane to my left. All of a sudden, this young kid in the far left lane cuts in front of the truck, the truck slams on the skids and leans on the horn, the kid panics and, instead of pulling back into his lane, goes right, straight into the front of me and forces me right into the concrete divider. I hit the divider doing roughly 110kph (70mph), skim along for a bit with the front wheel going up the side of the wall. The kid takes off in front of me at full clip, I fight the wheel back onto the road, the car's still running so I chase the little bugger down, honking my horn like mad and shaking like a leaf.

About 2km later, he finally decides to pull over and give me his details. He's around 18, all apologetic and scared (HA!! HE was scared!!! You shoulda seen me!!). No damage to his car but mine had around 2ft ripped off the front right bumper panel and a bloody big ding on the left. Luckily no other damage, even the indicators and lights are still working and neither of us hurt. Quote from the panel beaters to fix (cash job through a mate of my brother's) is $1000. Damn, I didn't need that right now!!

Man, I thought I was dead for sure when the car hit the concrete at that speed frown.gif I hate that feeling!!

Fanny, I am so glad that you okay. Accidents are always scary to me. My heart dropped just reading about yours.

Fanny~ I am so glad you are unhurt! What a scare! You are brave to chase the other driver!

Oh Fanny - I'm glad you weren't hurt. You are very fortunate, and obviously a clear thinker...I'd probably still be in the car frozen to the steering wheel! Surely to goodness another driver or two also chased the guy??

fanny - very glad your safe!!

beth - that's a very funny video; was out riding yesterday on my big guy (not, dh snt!!)

cc - saw your pics on the home page....your doggies are so cute!!!! , you look great as well - sorry i go to dogs first in any pic:wink:

ljm - are you COLD enough this AM???

taps - you DID send your cold & snow south. it did a snowy/sleet rain for about a half hr last night - fun to watch the dogs slip/slide in .... however i am not liking the cold WINDY morning

slim - :tt1: coffe & LBT....my morning:tongue:

fanny - OMG, how incredibly scary! glad you are ok.

lulu - i dont wanna talk about it... if i dont talk about it, it's not happening, right??

pjtp - my DH is running the White Rock 1/2 marathon on Sunday, he's tapering down his runs... this is his 2nd to last run and he f'ing pulled something in his leg.. "muscle, tendon, something"... dammit....

Fanny-thank goodness you're OK! I'm sneaking onto LBT via cell at work and was aghast while reading. I was sure your car was totaled! Good for you for running the brat down! I presume you called the cops who gave Mr. Youngin a ticket? Pls tell me that he had insurance!

Again, so glad that you are OK!

lulu - i dont wanna talk about it... if i dont talk about it, it's not happening, right??

pjtp - my DH is running the White Rock 1/2 marathon on Sunday, he's tapering down his runs... this is his 2nd to last run and he f'ing pulled something in his leg.. "muscle, tendon, something"... dammit....

not talking about it...:tt1:

i sure hope this wind calms down for the /WRL race...

snt - I'M TELLING on you!!! using that blackberry @work. btw - playing with the storm this AM; glad i waited, fun toy!

'Morning People!:whistle:

Back after a short absence, and wow - 5 pages to read through this morning!

Fanny - I'm so glad you're okay...had a 'close encounter' with a semi several years ago during a rainstorm...he swerved, I was already in the left lane passing him, and rather than hit the concrete barrier in the middle of the freeway, I stood my ground and he crushed and split the right front fender on my beloved Jaguar XJ6. I got off the freeway when I could and shook like a leaf for at least 5 minutes. He didn't stop, and I didn't have the presence of mind to get his plate. My insurance covered it, but WOW...what a scary episode! :whistle:

Lulu - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog :whistle:...we had to let our 16-year old Black Lab go to heaven about 2 years ago when the hip dysplasia got so bad he was in pain all the time and snapping at us...not at all like this dog - he was the sweetest guy ever. It still brings tears to my eyes - my DH had to take him to the vet - I was hysterical and cried for several days. We'd had him since he was a puppy - the only one of the group that came out from under a chair to "investigate" us when we came to check them out at their original home.

Beth - thanks for sharing that video with the horse. What talent! Now that one with the baby powder...I'd still be kickin' his butt!:tt1:

I'm doing okay - only lost a pound last week - :whistle: - but the transition from mushies to "real food" is going well. No fill yet - that's coming in January, so I'm trying to keep in control until then...wish me luck!:tt1:

Fanny - so glad to hear you weren't hurt and the damage to the car is cosmetic (though costly). It's a pure miracle you weren't killed. Da*& punk kid!

Lulu - so jealous you have snow, all we have is a very wet and cold day in Houston--temps hovering between 35 and 40 with non-stop gentle rain. My kids are willing the rain to turn to snow.