Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

*hey leslie!

*chocolate pumpkin Protein muffins - sound really good, you have the recp mac?

*shopping - not so much a fan of any longer; a lot is done online

*ljm - more baby items?? that actually would be fun shopping for

*trueblood - hubby has the series recorded for me, he loved it - just waiting for bit of downtime to hole up and watch it all..like the one snowstorm a yr in dallas:wink: ; nod to taps

*dessert etiquette - i would have put out their Desserts, but not sure that's 100% proper - veer on the side of the host to make that decision

**cold again, just put on the fireplace (love that clicker) - lots of coffee...quiet house**, love sunday mornings

baby, it's cold outside! Just taking a shovelling break - 1 hour shovelling, then a coffee break, then back outside. And the snow keeps coming down ... and across (as the wind is blowing).

I went to the OH event near my town and after Eggface and Melting Momma's presentation on bariatric cooking, I went out and:

1) Replaced my Magic Bullet

2) Bought a new blender

3) Bought an ice cream maker (for Protein ice cream)

Then Mini-Mac talked me into making chocolate pumpkin Protein Muffins. Which used none of this new stuff but I did make myself a Protein Shake in the bullet. Which works much better than my old bullet.

Awesome! Please share some recipes! The muffins sound great. I love ice cream so let me know how that works out. I would love to be able to eat ice cream. :sad_smile: I have never used a Magic Bullet. What is the deal with them as opposed to a regular blender? I actually just use a shaker bottle so maybe I need to expand my horizons. :tongue:

In keeping with the OP, I hate shopping!

**GASP**

*ljm - more baby items?? that actually would be fun shopping for

**cold again, just put on the fireplace (love that clicker) - lots of coffee...quiet house**, love sunday mornings

yup, LOTS of baby shopping ... his early wardrobe is about 85% complete - - i initially said 95, but hey, who cant use more clothes?? :tongue: we went to the outlet in Allen ... holy crap i could spend a fortune there. we bought him his first pair of Cons ... size 1, they are about as long as my pinky!! :lol:

yeah and what is up with the cold weather? i hate cold weather!!! :sad_smile:

we went to the outlet in Allen ... holy crap i could spend a fortune there. we bought him his first pair of Cons ... size 1, they are about as long as my pinky!! :tongue:

yeah and what is up with the cold weather? i hate cold weather!!! :sad_smile:

my inlaws live in allen - the outlets are the best part of that town:tongue2: you have to post a pic of the cons!

Loving florida you guys sound cold...I don't even need a jacket

talked to my mom in FL this AM.....she's in ocala and was pretty cold - but that's pretty north of the state.

i'll admit i can't handle the cold. DH just woke up because he said the house was a furnace. he exaggerates!

are we colder as we lose weight i wonder??

Loving florida you guys sound cold...I don't even need a jacket

Don't rub it in. It is 29 degrees here this morning with not even a hint of snow. It should not be this cold with no snow.:sad_smile:

It is freezing here today. High only expected to reach 58, brrrrrr. I cannot tolerate the cold either. Fortunately, by the time I got up, dh already had a rip-roaring fire going. So, I am cozied up in front of it under my favorite quilt cruising the Internet. I agree, Lu, gotta love Sunday mornings!

baby, it's cold outside! Just taking a shovelling break - 1 hour shovelling, then a coffee break, then back outside. And the snow keeps coming down ... and across (as the wind is blowing).

Perhaps you shouldn't live at the North Pole, Mrs. Claus?!?! :tongue:

I have never used a Magic Bullet. What is the deal with them as opposed to a regular blender? I actually just use a shaker bottle so maybe I need to expand my horizons. :sad_smile:

I too would like to know!!

...we bought him his first pair of Cons ... size 1, they are about as long as my pinky!!

Are they Cons Chucks? I love baby Chucks! What color did you get? My brother got his goddaughter baby pink Chucks years ago. OMG they were awesome!

are we colder as we lose weight i wonder??

I've always thought it was the lack of fat to keep you warm!

Re the putting out the Desserts when guest bring them: I've never really heard of someone bringing desserts to a dinner party unless they were specifically asked to do so, but if I showed up with some yummy desserts to offer and my host didn't put them out, I'd be hurt and thinking they didn't like it or it wasn't good enough. Just saying...

*edits*

Then again, if I had invited people to a dinner party and they showed up with desserts when I hadn't asked them to bring something, I'd probably be thinking they didn't trust my cooking enough to make a nice dessert for them! LOL! Maybe I'm just paranoid :sad_smile:

Edited by Fanny Adams

Oh my. That is blasphemy in my world! :scared2: Shopping is like a religion for me..... :lol:

Then I guess I'm a double atheist. :biggrin: I hate shopping too.

Awesome! Please share some recipes! The muffins sound great. I love ice cream so let me know how that works out. I would love to be able to eat ice cream. :biggrin: I have never used a Magic Bullet. What is the deal with them as opposed to a regular blender? I actually just use a shaker bottle so maybe I need to expand my horizons. :laugh:

The recipe is from a friend. She's a foodie and comes up with these recipes all the time. It's really easy:

1.5 cups of a chocolate Reduced Sugar cake mix (I used Pilsbury's RS Devil's Food)

1.5 cups of Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Champion Nutrition's Pro Score 100, but she uses Chike and I think hers taste better)

1 15 oz. can of pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)

Combine the cake mix and the Protein powder, then add in the pumpkin. Stir and stir and stir until you get a sticky mess. (For a while it will look like there isn't enough liquid, but there is.)

Put in mini-muffin pan that was lightly sprayed with PAM and bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes. (Pre-heat the oven, of course.)

Makes about 18 muffins.

The cool thing is that you can substitute in any flavor of cake mix any flavor of protein powder to make different flavor muffins. Like Yellow Cake mix and banana protein powder.

A box of cake mix will make two batches of muffins, but there will be some left over. I just threw it out, but I'm guessing you could save it for the next time.

So... the Magic Bullet is a mini-blender. But the cool thing is that it comes with all these cups. You can blend right in the cup and so you don't have to wash both the cup and the blender cup. If you make your shakes with ice, Water and powder and put them in a blender (of any sort), you get a slushy shake that is like a smoothie. They are much tastier.

Alternately, once you mix them, you can put them in the ice cream maker. Then you get a Protein Shake that is the consistency of ice cream.

I have also gotten into adding Torani syrups to my shakes. So I'll buy vanilla and chocolate protein powder and add syrups to get different flavors. I'm drinking one that combines vanilla with white chocolate flavor right now and earlier I had added caramel flavor to a vanilla shake.

[quote name=Fanny Adams;1083260*edits*

Then again' date=' if I had invited people to a dinner party and they showed up with desserts when I hadn't asked them to bring something, I'd probably be thinking they didn't trust my cooking enough to make a nice dessert for them! LOL! Maybe I'm just paranoid :biggrin:[/quote]

i can't bake for crap - requires following too many instructions:tongue:

when i have people over for the wkend or dinner - they always show up w/desserts of some sort. i'll always have some type of fruit - but the best i can do on the sweet side (and i don't have a sweet tooth) is M&M's or hit the bakery.

however - i never show up to a dinner party empty handed.

flowers, plant, candle, pastry, bottle of wine - all perfect gestures to your host thanking them for cooking a meal for them. i would put out whatever was brought, it's more than likely a thanks for the invite.

Re the putting out the desserts when guest bring them: I've never really heard of someone bringing desserts to a dinner party unless they were specifically asked to do so, but if I showed up with some yummy desserts to offer and my host didn't put them out, I'd be hurt and thinking they didn't like it or it wasn't good enough. Just saying...

*edits*

Then again, if I had invited people to a dinner party and they showed up with desserts when I hadn't asked them to bring something, I'd probably be thinking they didn't trust my cooking enough to make a nice dessert for them! LOL! Maybe I'm just paranoid :biggrin:

Well there's just no pleasing you, is there!?!:biggrin:

According to the etiquette searches I did, the host is not obligated to serve it, any more than if the guest brought wine. Whew!! It wasn't a case of not liking it or anything, and I certainly appreciated the thoughtful gesture. I just had desserts planned (and keeping in the dinner theme). DH is thrilled - more for him to eat!

Good night all - 4am comes early!