Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Basically they had a better invitation. They went to his cousin's house instead.

well that's unfortunate & rude - sorry slim!

pjtp - i am hiding in my office today. all but 2 puppies are going to their new homes today (other 2 tom) & i just met a couple a few minutes ago - and looked at hubby that i didn't want them to have the dog. i got the eye, that i need to let it go.

sniffs, sniffs -

my lapband - decided to work yesterday.

Sadly, mine did not. Notice it is the band's fault, not mine.

Basically they had a better invitation.

I know it is petty...but I would be so inclined to do the same to them some time. But I'm sure you are a better person than I.

Pie called to me all night from the fridge...

Already back at home and warm went shopping at 330..I love black friday..

There was a chorus of voices from the fridge - not just Desserts, but everything. If it wasn't for the impossibility factor, I would think I was pregnant the way I am craving food - copious quantities of everything all the time.

Hate shopping.

Am I the only one that had to work today? It is really quiet here this morning. I hope that it stays that way so that I can actually get some work done.

Nope, I'm working as well. But unlike you, am not accomplishing much...

Nope, I'm working as well. But unlike you, am not accomplishing much...

So far, the only thing I have accomplished is online shopping.

Beth/Luluc - you'll appreciate this. I had just gotten to my cousin's for lunch and some commercial had played and another cousin's husband facetiously said, "Well that'll all get better now that Obama is prez." This poor child doesn't know me very well b/c I turned to him and said, "Now that the out-of-towners are here, this house is no longer 100% Republican. I'm really loaded for bear for a political discussion so I'd really drop it if I were you!!" :blush: From then on, we discussed his precious (almost) 3 year old. Seriously, 2 average looking people had the cutest child!!! Yes I'm mean. :)

And PS - no, I'm not spoiling for a political discussion on here; I thought B+L would recognize and laugh at my smart ass response, hopefully.

Yes, I can appreciate a good yuk-yuk. Kinda like how I laugh every time I see Obama with his "The Office of the President Elect" sign. Written in crayon by his kids, no doubt. :smile2::crying:

Thank God the election is over, is all I can say. Ugh, my blood pressure (which I don't have issues with) couldn't handle it. :unsure:

Yep. The husband talked to them last night (they called his cell phone so that I wouldn't answer). It still chaps my butt though.

Okay, then, that is TOTALLY uncalled for!!! :blush:

I just wanted to be sure people knew they were okay before everybody got mad that they didn't show OR call.

Soooo... what was their reason for not even CALLING that they weren't coming??? What nasty, NASTY people for doing that.

I know it is petty...but I would be so inclined to do the same to them some time. But I'm sure you are a better person than I.

I would invite them next year and be sure you are going somewhere else. When they get to your house and nobody is there... Well, we just got a better invitation. *insert devilish icon here*

What crappy behavior of them!! Wow...

it probably would have been my last meal for them & that should be communicated to them by their son. sorry if i step on your toes about saying that. i understand the sensitivity of dialogue between sons & their parents all too well!

So far, the only thing I have accomplished is online shopping.

yep - pointed & clicked away; all but done myself.:blush:

I would invite them next year and be sure you are going somewhere else. When they get to your house and nobody is there... Well, we just got a better invitation. *insert devilish icon here*

It's because they ARE crappy. Come on, these people live in the same city that I do and haven't called their grandson since maybe April. Why on earth would calling become the thing to do now?

it probably would have been my last meal for them & that should be communicated to them by their son. sorry if i step on your toes about saying that. i understand the sensitivity of dialogue between sons & their parents all too well!

You didn't step on my toes, but you do understand that dialogue thing. He isn't going to say a thing. No matter how much I complain. He didn't say anything to them when he talked to them last night. He didn't even tell me until well after he had talked to them that they had even bothered to call him.

It's because they ARE crappy. Come on, these people live in the same city that I do and haven't called their grandson since maybe April. Why on earth would calling become the thing to do now?

Forgive me, coming in late as I have, I don't know all the dynamics everybody goes through. Wow, they sound about as bad as mine do.

Mine don't even call my husband because they figure I'll answer the phone.

You didn't step on my toes, but you do understand that dialogue thing. He isn't going to say a thing. No matter how much I complain. He didn't say anything to them when he talked to them last night. He didn't even tell me until well after he had talked to them that they had even bothered to call him.

Then if you ever get the chance to speak to them, you can maybe politely but firmly tell them that there will be NO further invites to your home after they did such a thing. If they can't behave themselves like decent human beings, then you really don't need to be subjected to that. *HRUMPH*

Posting to ask a not so nice question...

Did anyone here have problems post op with diarrhea during their liquid stages and if so when did it end. I'm being tortured. :blush:

Posting to ask a not so nice question...

Did anyone here have problems post op with diarrhea during their liquid stages and if so when did it end. I'm being tortured. :blush:

It didn't end until I was out of the liquid stages. Liquid in, liquid out.