Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Mine never pulled an ER run, probably only because she's too full of bitch and miserable. :grouphug:

She has her men running. Husband and two sons. And when I came along, she wasn't very receptive even before meeting me. Her first comment to hubby upon hearing he was serious with a girl was, "Is she fat?" Of course then I was about 160 -- not trim, but hardly FAT.

She has tried at times to run my life, and as time went on, I finally quit worrying that this was my husband's mother. She was just downright crossing lines left and right.

One time hubby and I were in a rough patch, and I just needed to get away -- and frankly, it wasn't all because of him. Just life was difficult at that time. So I got away to clear my head and hopefully come back not wanting to slit my wrists with a spork.

They talk while I'm gone and he TELLS her! So then for months she starts in on him with, "Well, you know, divorce is not out of the question." When she and I talked one time and she said it to me, I said, "Gee, I hope you don't really mean this!" She never mentioned it again.

Oh, did I tell you how she bullied me into signing a pre-nup before we married? Yeah, she's a peach.

The straw that broke the camel's back was before we moved to VA. Hubby was already here working a contract job, and it looked like we were moving after nearly four years of rocky job issues for him (two years without work, one year in Kuwait, another year-plus here in VA). Kiddo was 17 and at an awkward age in the best of situations, but she didn't want to leave home. I understood, but didn't know what to do as she was JUST 17. We got into a huge fight and she left home. At one point before I packed to move here, kiddo called and told me how grandma started running me down to her. WTF??? That was it, the gloves were off.

When we got here and settled in, I MADE hubby choose (which I had never done before) -- either HE was going to set that bitch straight, or I was, and I don't think anybody was gonna come out alive if I did it. :grouphug:

He called her and first she tried shouting him down, then she tried guilting him, then she played the "poor me" card, then she asked why I even cared what she said about me, and it went on and on for an hour. Now I am persona non grata. It's as if I don't exist. Nice.

The woman is a total skank, and I have no love whatsoever for this person. I have put up with disrespect and disdain for 16 years, and for NO reason whatsoever. And unfortunately, my husband is too much of a wuss to do anything substantial about it. He just lets her say whatever and would piddle himself before upsetting HER. :grouphug:

Your MIL and Luluc's MIL makes me glad that my MIL basically just acts as though I don't exist.

WOW - You guys and your mil's...I don't have one. My mother is everybody's best MIL - just today DH said "I like having her around; I miss having a mother'. She was supposed to be visiting for a week, but DH convinced her to stay at least one more week. My ex still calls and talks with her; my brother's ex-wife still calls, writes and visits her, sends her mother's day cards, etc. My mother is great - she gets along with everyone, and everyone loves her. It's just ME that she drives NUTS!!!

After all of the preparations, the in-laws didn't show up. Not only did they not show up, they didn't even bother to call to say that they weren't going to show up. How inconsiderate is that?:blush:

That is really inconsiderate. That is rude not to even call.

Sorry Slim!

After all of the preparations, the in-laws didn't show up. Not only did they not show up, they didn't even bother to call to say that they weren't going to show up. How inconsiderate is that?:blush:

WHAT??? Hate to ask, but are y'all sure they're alive/safe?

There, I multiquoted the hell out of that post to make up for my prior lack......also to put my thumb in SNT and Susan's eye as the multiquote king!

Plain - you had to be taught how to multi-post. The student does NOT surpass the teacher. Dream on.

We need more intelligent men around here....should that be so hard??

We have an intelligent man in here??? :blush::crying:

***whispering to make sure plain doesn't hear***I hate to admit this, but it makes my day to come on here and read some of the ridiculous things written by plain.

Bahahaha - Slim called Plain "ridiculous", Slim called Plain "ridiculous"!!!!

But Plain HASN'T 'shown his goods' yet, has he???

There is a God. :wink2:

As an example, years ago she would call and I'd answer, and we'd have small talk, then she would ask, "So, are you still fat?"

My retort: "Are you still stupid? Oh yeah, obviously!" or "Fat can be temporary; stupid/ugly is forever!!"

I kid you not. And I can't even begin to tell you the years I tolerated her telling me that hubby and I should NOT have children. Until I told her that it was really OUR decision now, wasn't it? Grrrr.... And that's just a wee taste.

My retort: Hmm, I don't remember asking you. 0:-)

It's just ME that she drives NUTS!!!

Short drive? :)

After all of the preparations, the in-laws didn't show up. Not only did they not show up, they didn't even bother to call to say that they weren't going to show up. How inconsiderate is that?:smile2:

That is beyond rude!!!!!!! Sent them a bill for the extra food!

Beth - I know you didn't mean that as funny but it struck me as funny. I want to say "Slim hopes so" but that would be disrespectful so I'm behaving this once.

Happy Thanksgiving, Americanos! Happy uh Friday (right?), Australians!

Beth/Luluc - you'll appreciate this. I had just gotten to my cousin's for lunch and some commercial had played and another cousin's husband facetiously said, "Well that'll all get better now that Obama is prez." This poor child doesn't know me very well b/c I turned to him and said, "Now that the out-of-towners are here, this house is no longer 100% Republican. I'm really loaded for bear for a political discussion so I'd really drop it if I were you!!" :unsure: From then on, we discussed his precious (almost) 3 year old. Seriously, 2 average looking people had the cutest child!!! Yes I'm mean. :laugh:

And PS - no, I'm not spoiling for a political discussion on here; I thought B+L would recognize and laugh at my smart ass response, hopefully.

Yep. The husband talked to them last night (they called his cell phone so that I wouldn't answer). It still chaps my butt though.

Am I the only one that had to work today? It is really quiet here this morning. I hope that it stays that way so that I can actually get some work done.

OK - had a cute story about yesterday typed up and LBT ate it...twice.

slim - sorry about your inlaws...did they explain to your husband for the no show?

snt - NO politico' conversations yesterday....whew!

my lapband - decided to work yesterday. took an hr to eat 1 spoonful of dressing/potatoes/1 slice of turkey...my karma for talking bad about MIL...LOL

best line of the day - MIL "best indication of how my son is going to treat you is how he treats me"...this after her crying to me that he never calls her. FANTASTIC

slim - sorry about your inlaws...did they explain to your husband for the no show?

Basically they had a better invitation. They went to his cousin's house instead.