Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My insurance let me do my 6 month diet with 2 different docs. I was able to do that in three months. I started with a seminar and my first appointment was the next day. I needed 7 total appointments for weigh ins. I used a nutritionist and a bariatric doctor for my diet. During that time I did my psych evaluation, question and answer session, physical therapy evaluation, and EKG and other testing. I had a last minute Endoscopy because my surgeon suggested that I go with the sleeve instead of bypass. I felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I do feel lucky about how I was able to do my diet. So beginning to surgery will be January 31st to July 12th.

On 06/15/2018 at 08:23, ElanBri said:

I got the call yesterday!

Surgery date is August 14th!:D

Yay!!! Congrats! 🎉🎉🎉

On 06/15/2018 at 12:56, yoshi_lover said:

My surgery is going to be this coming Monday June 18. This is my first time on this forum and i’d love to make new friends that I could relate to!
Welcome! We’re glad to have you with us!

On 06/15/2018 at 13:37, Bellasoo said:

My insurance let me do my 6 month diet with 2 different docs. I was able to do that in three months. I started with a seminar and my first appointment was the next day. I needed 7 total appointments for weigh ins. I used a nutritionist and a bariatric doctor for my diet. During that time I did my psych evaluation, question and answer session, physical therapy evaluation, and EKG and other testing. I had a last minute Endoscopy because my surgeon suggested that I go with the sleeve instead of bypass. I felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I do feel lucky about how I was able to do my diet. So beginning to surgery will be January 31st to July 12th.

I went to the seminar back in September, met the surgeon 2 weeks later for a consult and he gave me a list of my timeline and everything I had to do for insurance along with a bunch of referrals for different requirements. I started my 7 months of nutrition in November. I did the sleep study (which was 3 total appointments), abdominal ultrasound, cardiology (which was 2 total appointments), upper endoscopy (performed by my surgeon), and the psych evaluation. So my process from seminar until my actual surgery date was September 18th to June 28th. It is a very long process but with all of the appointments the time kind of passes quickly (well to me it did). Best wishes on your sleeve surgery 😊

1 minute ago, ALFxRNY said:

I went to the seminar back in September, met the surgeon 2 weeks later for a consult and he gave me a list of my timeline and everything I had to do for insurance along with a bunch of referrals for different requirements. I started my 7 months of nutrition in November. I did the sleep study (which was 3 total appointments), abdominal ultrasound, cardiology (which was 2 total appointments), upper endoscopy (performed by my surgeon), and the psych evaluation. So my process from seminar until my actual surgery date was September 18th to June 28th. It is a very long process but with all of the appointments the time kind of passes quickly (well to me it did). Best wishes on your sleeve surgery 😊

Every program is so different. Not to mention insurance dictates how we follow it.

It did seem to go by very fast. I was happy for that, at least. I did feel that I learned a lot from the appointments as well.

Thank you for the well wishes! Next year at this time we should be looking pretty good. 😊

That’s wonderful! I had to have a heart Sonagram yesterday and will have a follow up with the heart dr the end of June. Saw the Nutritionist on Tuesday which was my final nutrition visit! She released me for surgery. So did the Shrink!😂. If everything goes well with the heart dr, I should be scheduled the end of July!! I’m so excited! Plus at my last nutrition visit, I lost 2 more lbs! 10 lbs since I started in April! I’m currently at 220 but my goal weight is 145! Good luck all of lucky people scheduled for June!😊😊

On 06/15/2018 at 13:54, Dixie Jo said:

That’s wonderful! I had to have a heart Sonagram yesterday and will have a follow up with the heart dr the end of June. Saw the Nutritionist on Tuesday which was my final nutrition visit! She released me for surgery. So did the Shrink!😂. If everything goes well with the heart dr, I should be scheduled the end of July!! I’m so excited! Plus at my last nutrition visit, I lost 2 more lbs! 10 lbs since I started in April! I’m currently at 220 but my goal weight is 145! Good luck all of lucky people scheduled for June!😊😊
Congrats and positive vibes about your heart results! Hope you get a date soon!

On 06/15/2018 at 13:54, Bellasoo said:

Every program is so different. Not to mention insurance dictates how we follow it.

It did seem to go by very fast. I was happy for that, at least. I did feel that I learned a lot from the appointments as well.

Thank you for the well wishes! Next year at this time we should be looking pretty good. 😊

Insurance definitely makes us jump through all of the hoops they can find. And I’m with you on the learning so much along the way. And I got to make awesome bonds here in the forums with all of you so that is another bonus 😊 And this time next year we will be fit and feeling amazing! 😉

On 06/15/2018 at 13:54, Bellasoo said:

And you’re welcome! Can’t wait to watch the rest of your journey!

On 06/15/2018 at 14:04, Dixie Jo said:

Thank you for the support! I’m with you too!
You’re welcome and keep us posted! 😊

Congratulations to everyone who have their dates my actual birthday is July 12 so all queens are born that day and I miss calculated when my online classes would be done they will be complete the first week of July so I might be a late July early August baby you guys

On 06/15/2018 at 14:13, newmebithebypass said:

Congratulations to everyone who have their dates my actual birthday is July 12 so all queens are born that day and I miss calculated when my online classes would be done they will be complete the first week of July so I might be a late July early August baby you guys
Hoping you get your date very soon! And what an awesome summertime birthday. I’m a May baby but July is my absolute favorite month!

You know one of the things I learned from my yesterday seminar the new Bascobal (spelling?) nasal B12? If you have price insurance like UHC, BCBS or Aetna they will pay for your prescription, Medicare and straight Medicaid don't so I'm locked into monthly shot or sublingual. . Life revenues me for not having to jump through month after month hoops of this or that by denying me this. Even Tomkitten who has Caresource and isn't wanting this surgery would be paid for but I'm not.🙈😦👎🙉👎🙈

3 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

You know one of the things I learned from my yesterday seminar the new Bascobal (spelling?) nasal B12? If you have price insurance like UHC, BCBS or Aetna they will pay for your prescription, Medicare and straight Medicaid don't so I'm locked into monthly shot or sublingual. . Life revenues me for not having to jump through month after month hoops of this or that by denying me this. Even Tomkitten who has Caresource and isn't wanting this surgery would be paid for but I'm not.🙈😦👎🙉👎🙈

I'll take sublingual, shots or pills over spraying crap in my nose any day of the week!