Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Austin Area Bandsters Intersted in Support Group ?

I live in Cedar Creek a spit away from the Travis County line, but I work downtown Austin. I was banded on October 23, 2007 at the Outpatient surgery center off Bee Caves. I believe I was the second person to be banded there. I was banded by Dr. Marsden through True Results. I sure would like to be included in the support group in the Austin area. Keep me posted on specifics.:clap2:

Vicki email me your email .

Also i will post on here as well . We will try to do something a week or so after thanksgiving ?

Mindy

Sorry i just saw this message. Everyone one in my house has been sick for weeks so i have been trying to get them well so the support group has been out the window.

I tried before trying to work with everyone's schedule and that did not go well. It hink what i might do is set maybe 2 dates and see how that goes ?

Maybe one during the day and one in the evening ?

I will try to do that soon

Mindy

I have not been banded yet but I am VERY interested in a group! I live and work South! I go Feb. 18!! I am excited and nervous all in one!

I sent you a PM as well , or maybe it was an email LOL

Mindy

I live in Austin and I am definitely interested in meeting other people who are on the Journey with me. I shoudl get a date in the next week or so. I will keep watching this thread.

As soon as i get a second i will sit down and try to make some kind of schedule or meeting time !

I'll let you all know asap !

Mindy

Mindy,

I would love to join the support group. Just like you, I noticed that there are no local Austin WLS support groups. Let me know if you have started with meetings yet. I am in!

Amy

I have really fallen down on this job , I will get back on duty and let ya'll know

Mindy

Im just going to try to set a DATE and do this this way LOL

Ive been a loser about setting things up and lots of people have been emailing me .

SO Here we go !

If your on the list and you dont want to be im very sorry , i'll take you off.

How is Saturday March 1st 6ish For everyone ??

We can do a get together , get to know everyone ... Everyone bring your favorite Recipe on a Recipe Card to Exchange ?

How does that sound ?

Email me for my address !!!

Mindy

Mindy,

Would it be okay for me to come if I have not been banded yet? I am waiting for my appoitment at Southwest Bariatric on March 4. It has seemed like forever, but I am on my way.

Mindy,

Would it be okay for me to come if I have not been banded yet? I am waiting for my appoitment at Southwest Bariatric on March 4. It has seemed like forever, but I am on my way.

You sure can

Shoot me an email if you can if not i'll send you a PM

Mindy

Hello, My name is Vicky Barberena, I live in RR; and I am in the progress of being scheduled for my surgery in May 2008. I would like to find more people who have been dealing with similar issues and undergone WLS. Please let me know about the meetings. I am seeing the people at True Results off Parmer Lane, as far as I know my surgeon will be Dr. Gonzalez.

Thanks

Vicky

Current weight 201, BMI 36

Goal Weight 130

Diabetes II, sleep Apnea, PCOS, Infertility.

I hope everyone's journey is going well - I just had surgery on Monday. Other than one issue with nausea last night - I have been doing great! Since starting my pre-op diet, I have lost a total of 17 lbs and going.

For anyone considering the surgery, or having a few weeks/months to go - I emphatically suggest doing it. WELL worth it - and the recovery seems to be going smoothly!

Feel free to email me anytime on my personal email as well - cuteaustingirl4@yahoo.com

I cannot make the support group meeting this week - as I cannot drive until next week. But - I want to be part of the next one!

Have a great week everyone!

Keep the faith!

Amy

Can we get a last call for the meeting tomorrow night ? Just wanted to remind everyone about it . Its fine with me as well if there is only 1 or 2 people.

Also if you would like to bring your favorite band friendly dish/snack ect feel free or if you would like to bring it on a recipe card feel free.

I will provide drinks. This wont be a big spread this time since i am low on cash this week. ( Sorry )

Anyway .. Let me know if your coming

Mindy