Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you believe this? Thanks, Laptbandtalk and Mindy!

When I was looking for a surgeon, I struck up a correspondence with Coltonwade, a lapbandtalk.com member who lives in my vicinity. Mindy is an amazing person who went above and beyond in helping me through emails and chats. She also shared her phone number so that I could call her after my surgery on Thursday.

Tonight I called her for the first time to see how she was doing after her unfill and she offered to share some of her pre-op and post-op supplies. I called her again on my way home from teaching a class (about 45 minutes from my house) and while I was talking to her, my car started making loud bumping noises. When I slowed down to make a turn, it swerved so I knew something was wrong. I pulled into a gas station and sure enough, I had a flat (and shredded) tire. This is a somewhat rural area but I was only a few miles from Mindy's house. She immediately offered to come with her husband to help me. Moments later, there they were! This was the first time that Mindy and I met in person.

Jason changed my tired, filled it with air, and then insisted that I follow them home and leave the car and Mindy would take me home (about 30 minutes away!) However, after talking to my son-in-law, we determined that I should be safe to drive home on the spare. Of course, I had to call Mindy when I got home to let her know I made it. :)

What a special person Mindy is! And I never would have met her if it wasn't for this wonderful forum! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

When I was looking for a surgeon, I struck up a correspondence with Coltonwade, a lapbandtalk.com member who lives in my vicinity. Mindy is an amazing person who went above and beyond in helping me through emails and chats. She also shared her phone number so that I could call her after my surgery on Thursday.

Tonight I called her for the first time to see how she was doing after her unfill and she offered to share some of her pre-op and post-op supplies. I called her again on my way home from teaching a class (about 45 minutes from my house) and while I was talking to her, my car started making loud bumping noises. When I slowed down to make a turn, it swerved so I knew something was wrong. I pulled into a gas station and sure enough, I had a flat (and shredded) tire. This is a somewhat rural area but I was only a few miles from Mindy's house. She immediately offered to come with her husband to help me. Moments later, there they were! This was the first time that Mindy and I met in person.

Jason changed my tired, filled it with air, and then insisted that I follow them home and leave the car and Mindy would take me home (about 30 minutes away!) However, after talking to my son-in-law, we determined that I should be safe to drive home on the spare. Of course, I had to call Mindy when I got home to let her know I made it. :)

What a special person Mindy is! And I never would have met her if it wasn't for this wonderful forum! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

That's so great! A lot of the people here are incredible people that are really willing to help other people. For me, it's been WASaBubbleButt. We live across the country from each other (she's in Arizona and I'm in Kentucky), but she's been so helpful to me. We've shipped Protein and other crap back and forth, and she's been such an inspiration. I'll probably make her blush when she reads this, LOL! :nervous

That is a great story!

Have a good day on Thursday......:)

I work at HEB, so send me an email if you need a special broth delivery. Y'all folks out in Drippin' are grocery challenged.

That is a great story!

Have a good day on Thursday......:)

I work at HEB, so send me an email if you need a special broth delivery. Y'all folks out in Drippin' are grocery challenged.

Thanks, Laura! I just stopped at HEB yesterday and stocked up on broth! :)

I also got a Pur Water filter pitcher, popcycles, and Jello, so I think I'm good to go. By the way, I understand we're going to get an HEB in DS in a few years. But hopefully they won't close our store in Oak Hill after all the remodeling they're doing.

Laurend, Where do you live in Kentucky? I work in Lou. Ky and live in Indiana. Donna

Cool I live in southern Indiana too all my friends are in Louisville.

AWWWW :) your too sweet. What was i going to do leave you stranded ??

You probably think im looney anyway .. :)

I was glad you were on the phone with me , like i said I dont think you would have thought to call me , you were just down the street after all.

Im So glad you got home ok too. Im a worry wart as it is !.

OHH CHANGE YOUR SIG LINE your a LOSER NOW !!!! LOL

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Love ya

Mindy