Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The strangest thing..

Well, these bands are definitely a mystery. Last night, while sleeping, I had the strangest thing happen.

Before bed, I had eaten my normal 4 oz of yogurt to take my nighttime meds with and all was well. I don't do well with just drinking Water and taking them. I have one that has gotten hung up in the past, if I don't take it with something like food, ice cream/yogurt, etc, so I try never to take it any other way. Anyway, I may have laid down sooner than I usually do, because around 1:50am while sleeping, I became aware of this constant, excessive salivating. I was having to keep swallowing in my sleep. Eventually, I woke up and went to the restroom to make sure all of this was clear (sorry) and there were no signs of anything gone awry with my band. So, no evidence of any blood or anything, just clear excessive saliva. It was almost as if something was stuck in the pouch and the saliva was doing it's job, trying to either dissolve it or dislodge it, but I really never had any overt signs of stuckage. I decided to try some Crystal Light to see if I could maybe at least thin the saliva down and maybe wash anything (like the meds) that might not have gone on through. This didn't help, but all the time I could feel my band tightening and with each sip, I could hear it gurgling, even the tiniest of sips. So, I went to the kitchen and decided maybe I should try something warm. I mixed a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice in hot water and sipped it very carefully, just trying to pay attention to the reaction of the band. It continued tightening and gurgling, but eventually, the lemon juice seemed to cut the saliva and maybe washed any offending particles on through. I was able to go back to bed after nearly an hour of wondering what was happening and trying to calm the salivating beast.

Interestingly, when I took those sips and it traveled down, it seemed kind of painful down around the band area, which worried me, especially with my history of slippage already. ;)

This morning, my band was still very sort of cranky and I can feel it is much more tight. I've been babying it, doing everything very slowly and trying to 'listen' to how it's responding. I did stop by Popeye's and get some of their new Naked chicken Strips and after chewing the tinyest of nibbles to pulp, I have only been able to eat 2 of the 3 in the pack. Eating 2 of them has taken well over an hour which I find very interesting. (If I was a good bandster, I'd have stopped at 1, since it took so long.):D

So, for those of you who talk about waking up with much more restriction 2-3 weeks AFTER a fill - you slept through the process.lol I think I may have gotten to witness it in action. I hope that's all it was!

I hope so too Leatha! Not a pleasant way to wake up at all! It sounds like you are doing all of the right things and hopefully it was just one your medications stuck in your stoma. Sometimes I almost forget about my little band until something gets stuck... boy oh boy to I remember then!

Darcy

That IS strange.

After a slippage, I can only IMAGINE how paranoid I would be.

Did you have anything strong for supper? like spicy or greasy foods???

That IS strange.

After a slippage, I can only IMAGINE how paranoid I would be.

Did you have anything strong for supper? like spicy or greasy foods???

No ma'am. Earlier, I had had only some shredded chicken breast for dinner, but that's all. The chicken had been cooked in the crock pot, marinated with italian dressing and wine vinegar. It had fallen apart and had been several hours before I went to bed.

Unless the wine vinegar/dressing could have just caused some reflux? I'm not sure. Hmm... something to think about.

Leatha, that sounds bad! I hope you're feeling better now. Do you try to drink a few ounces of Water before you take any meds. Then follow them with a few more ounces of water to wash them through? How about trying the Hood's Low Carb drink instead of the yogurt? It's more liquidy. I've started taking my night time meds before I take my evening shower so they hopefully have time to move on through before I lie down.

Yup. I've found that food actually works better with this particular pill than anything. It may be that the yogurt I had was too thin. It's not the normal one I use. I did think I had drank enough and given it enough time to have gone on through. I'm still not sure what was going on, but it wasn't much fun. lol.

The band is a tricky item, I had chili tonight, went down easy, actually too easy, then about an hour later I get half a golf ball in my back. Have never had any of the pre pb attack or any hint of anything being stuck. Thanks for the warning, that's quite a while later to be awakened with that feeling.

This is a strange ? but do you ever wonder sometimes when you're eating kind of normal if you're band is still attached? Before being banded I read so often about how sensitive the band is, boy I had no idea! I think I'd really like to do the flouor just so I could see my band in action.

Betty, I just realized you've lost half your excess weight in three months! That's incredible! It's 18 pounds a month! You go, girl!

Nancy

Thank you Nancy! I have been working on it, I just hope I keep losing. All of you gals have been a great inspiration to me, you keep me on my toes! ;):D

You have done a great job too, and you still are.