Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys!!

I'm confused yet again. Thursday I have an appointment with the Barometric Clinic. They said to be sure to eat before I come and bring something to drink because I will be there about 4.5 hrs.

I thought awesome!! Ball is rolling now! So I have been eating like crazy cause I want to make sure my bmi is 40 on first weight in. When they call to remind me they tell me it's nothing medical. Just paperwork and classes! I am a bit disappointed. Has anyone else had to do this 4.5 hr class?

I am wondering when I will get my weigh in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah I had to take the 4 hour class but that was after I got my surgery date...usually weigh in is when you go to your first consultation...

Ok:) Now what exactly does a consultaton consist of?

Ok:) Now what exactly does a consultaton consist of?

The consultation doesn’t happen until you’re done with what you need to do if you’re doing it through your insurance...but that consists of you meeting your surgeon for the first time and talking about which procedure you’re thinking about getting & they will tell you which one they think is best, then they give you a list of clearances you need to get done such as PCP clearance, EKG , Upper GI , Psych Evaluation & X-rays some will ask for more some will ask for less depending (: then once you get those done they send off a referral to insurance to get approved

In my program the consultation happens at the beginning it starts with a group class where everyone meets the surgeon they give you a binder with information about your particular insurance the guidelines for the program some basic nutrition information and things like that. Then you are weighed your height is taken along with bp then you meet one on one with the surgeon where you discuss medical history and things like that they ask you what surgery you are interested in and in my case my surgeon gave me my goal weight

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine was different. I had to do a 6 month pre op diet on HMR for my insurance to cover it. So I did that and then the program I was in refers me out to a surgeon. I ended up picking the one my mom used. And then after the 6 month diet I met with him and we went over what surgery I thought was best for me and compared my options and he then let me know what I needed to do diet wise and I was still doing a diet up until I got the surgery. I got the clearance from insurance in September and I was schedule for November. I ended up getting the sleeve because that was best for me. And two weeks prior to surgery I went on a strict liquid diet because the surgeon requested it. My BMI was super high. I’m now 4 months out almost 5 months and I’m down almost 100 pounds. I believe it was 94 pounds total so far. I had some set backs tho and had a near death experience two months post op so make sure you are really communicating with your surgeon. I ended up getting the flu and it caused me to be so dehydrated it almost killed me so please make sure you stay away from sick people after your surgery! Goodluck!

Wow! Everyone's experience is so different it?

I suppose I have to learn patience lol. I will know a lot more tomorrow. I'm sure appointments will start coming then. They just never told us about this class during the seminar 2 weeks ago.

Thanks guys!!!

Mine was different. I had to do a 6 month pre op diet on HMR for my insurance to cover it. So I did that and then the program I was in refers me out to a surgeon. I ended up picking the one my mom used. And then after the 6 month diet I met with him and we went over what surgery I thought was best for me and compared my options and he then let me know what I needed to do diet wise and I was still doing a diet up until I got the surgery. I got the clearance from insurance in September and I was schedule for November. I ended up getting the sleeve because that was best for me. And two weeks prior to surgery I went on a strict liquid diet because the surgeon requested it. My BMI was super high. I’m now 4 months out almost 5 months and I’m down almost 100 pounds. I believe it was 94 pounds total so far. I had some set backs tho and had a near death experience two months post op so make sure you are really communicating with your surgeon. I ended up getting the flu and it caused me to be so dehydrated it almost killed me so please make sure you stay away from sick people after your surgery! Goodluck!

Wow! Congrats on your weight loss!
I am sorry about your set backs though. I will be super careful and really appreciate the advice!
Thank u.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app