Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone slap me!

I need someone to give me a swift kick in the patooty! I am 9 weeks post op and haven't lost a pound since starting on semi soft foods 6 weeks ago. And that wouldn't be so bad if I was trying, but honestly I have no restriction and can eat whatever I want.. and often do. I don't count calories, don't drink enough Water and, aside from the occassional walk about once every other week, get no excercise.

What am I thinking? I underwent surgery to get this weight off! Before I had the surgery I told myself that I was going to work hard and follow all the rules and sham on all my fellow banders that didn't do that. And now it's as if I am sabataging myself. This is suppost to be my last chance. Why can't I take this more seriously? I got my first fill three weeks ago (2ccs in a 10 cc band) Tomorrow I go back for another fill and hope to God that he gives me another 2 or 3 ccs. I need some restriction. I need to be reminded that I have this thing. Cuz right now, I have no reminders.

On a positive note, I have an appointment on Thursday with a personal trainer. I will work out with him twice a week with the intention of doing cardio on my own two or three other days a week.

I'm really agitated with myself. This was the most extreame measure I have ever taken to loose weight and I'm not even trying! Can someone give me some words of wisdom on how to deal with this? Please.:notagree

SMACK.jpg

Did that work? :(

Actually, while I understand that you want to develop better eating habits, I don't think you should be too hard on yourself. After all, there's a reason you got the band and that was to help you with self-control. It's not helping you yet!

Good luck with your next fill! :clap2:

SMACK.jpg

Did that work? :)

Actually, while I understand that you want to develop better eating habits, I don't think you should be too hard on yourself. After all, there's a reason you got the band and that was to help you with self-control. It's not helping you yet!

Good luck with your next fill! :clap2:

That was so funny! Thanks for making me feel better. You're right! I can do this. IT's all about focus and commitment. Old habits die hard, but I can and will do this. Thanks again for the laugh!:(

Hi Kim! We've all been there before! Don't be too hard on yourself, you didn't get fat overnight, so your not going to loose it overnight either! The one thing I realised was that it took me 27 years to develop the bad eating habits I had, so I am not going to beat them overnight either!

Most importantly is that you heal properly so your ready for your fills. Thats where the restriction will happen, and when its right, its like night and day! Make sure your getting your Vitamins and enough nutrients so your body stays strong, and Water is very important too! I had a hard time getting all my Water in too, it just started happening over time...

I don't mean to go too easy on you, some people around here need tough love, but I just know how you feel and it gets better every single day!

:nervoussorry, I noticed that you have already had some fills... here I am preaching about healing... But, you probably know it takes some time for you to find the right fill. I have had 3 fills and 2 slight un-fills, the last one I had about a week ago. I was having trouble eating ENOUGH and trouble sliming and etc.

Anywho, just wanted to let you know I re-read your post and felt silly that I jumped to conclusions that you were just post-op!

I hope your next fill gives you some restriction, that will do wonders for you! Right now you have the band and it is not doing anything to help. Kind of like buying a car, and not having any gas to go anywhere. Hope this helps---and you can keep coming back here for butt kicking support either way!!!

Kat

YOu will be fine. Restriction is key here. It took me 5 fills to finally reach a good spot. Keep moving and get fills. That is the answer. Good luck.