Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon after VSG can you mow?

I am guessing the answer is when your surgeon gives the ok but i'd like a general idea.

We have a rather larger yard and can only use push mowers. I don't want my mom to have to do it alone. Of course we'd have to get rain for the grass to grow. LOL .01 of moisture in the last 150+ days here.

5 minutes ago, frust8 said:

Where do you live that is that dry?

The Panhandle of Texas, Amarillo to be exact.

3 hours ago, melsabells said:

How soon after VSG can you mow?

@melsabells

hey Tex,

:lol:that is one question i never thought to ask my doctor!:D

not laughing at you, i'm laughing at with you!!

you exert a lot of energy with a push mower. don't think you would/could do that for a while. check with doc when the earliest you could mow lawn would be - don't mow til your new little tummy is fully healed, and you are not feeling/tired/weak.- you don't want to hurt yourself

good luck with sleeve WLS next week

speedy recovery

kathy

I put this in the same category as vacuuming, dusting, doing the laundry, and the dishes. As I patiently explained to my other half, my incision is so fragile I can not do any of these things for at least 2 years and possibly never. 😉

Seriously, though - I am heading off scuba diving in 10 days. My surgeon said that was fine after 12 weeks, incision totally healed, and lifting tanks, hauling yourself back in the boat etc. is pretty stomach muscle-intensive.

I mowed using a riding mower 5 days post op. I also did other yard work like round up and fertilizer. I felt totally fine and was able to stay hydrated. I took it slow, and took a lot of breaks, as it was mid August. I think you'd be fine mowing, but maybe have someone start it for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, proudgrammy said:

@melsabells

good luck with sleeve WLS next week

speedy recovery

Thank you very much!

I really loathe mowing as it messes with my allergies but the city doesn’t want grassland or mostly weed land. LOL

thanks everyone for the replies!

2 hours ago, melsabells said:

weed land

@melsabells

BIG NSV

weeding

being overweight, it was difficult to bend up and down working in my garden.

knees hurt, became out of breathe etc. as i was losing weight - weeds would

"run" when they saw me coming.:lol:

kathy