Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IRAQ WAR your thoughts

*****With all due respect, I think there is a HUGE difference between guns fired by terrorists that are ultimately doing it with no valid reasons behind it , well, maybe I should say that their reasoning is evil******

Define freedom fighter

ok...

"Freedom fighter is a relativistic term for those engaged in rebellion against an established Government or Regime that they consider to be oppressive."

ok...

"Freedom fighter is a relativistic term for those engaged in rebellion against an established Government or Regime that they consider to be oppressive."

So as long as we are all clear that Islamic Fundamentalists believe that through their funding of oppressive regimes in the Middle East, the United States Government is trying to oppress their people we can all be happy with calling them freedom fighters???

****the result maybe similar as far as the losses, but the intentions are totally different and I know people in Iraq appreciate that********

Really, please tell me how you know that?

Are you aware that the Kurdish people that America are fighting to protect are wanted in Turkey for several acts of terrorism? And again define the difference between Freedom Fighter and Terrorist.

Nina, this should be a peaceful debate, at least it is from my part, no need for a sarcastic tone... really...at least that's what I get from the way you respond.... forgive me if I'm wrong...

My family and I personaly know several men that were and some still are in Iraq and they have told us that their impression from the majority in Iraq is that they appreciate what America has done to tried to help them.. this I have been told by soldiers that have been serving there, so I tend to believe it...

ALso, taking Sadam out alone is a victory, I know the price is high, of course, but

It is also wonderful to hear the positive attitudes of the Iraqis who are interviewed. The media seem so fixated on reporting the negative and rarely anything positive but I hope the new government in Iraq will make every effort maintain the peace in their country and my sincere best wishes to the Iraq people on their journey to peace. It will take time, sacrifice and patience, but I think it will happen...

So as long as we are all clear that Islamic Fundamentalists believe that through their funding of oppressive regimes in the Middle East, the United States Government is trying to oppress their people we can all be happy with calling them freedom fighters???

Well, I strongly believe that the US is not oppressing their people...

My son is there, working on an army base in Taji. He was in the army for eight years and now works as a contractor . He is a defense comm. expert and he supports the war fully. I just support him as i am very torn as to weather or not we should be there. I think it is very complex. Donna

re: "Freedom fighter is a relativistic term for those engaged in rebellion against an established Government or Regime that they consider to be oppressive."

very difficult to parse exact meaning here....

My own definition of 'freedom fighter' would NOT include those who seek to impose their own oppressive fundamentalist world views on other in place of those they seek to defeat.

Nor would it include those engaged in random bloody violence against children, civilians, wedding parties, loaded school buses, pizza parlors, downtown shops or non-combat personnel.

I don't believe the following is happening...

" My own definition of 'freedom fighter' would NOT include those who seek to impose their own oppressive fundamentalist world views on other in place of those they seek to defeat. "

But please know that I do respect your opinion.

I am sure that you dont Elena, as you arent an Iraqi or an Islamic Fundamentalist.

So what you are saying is that if you agree with the cause then it is ok to call them freedom fighters and if you dont then they are terrorists.

Please dont misunderstand me, this is a complex issue to say the least. But I cannot for the life of me see how having the blessing of your government makes it ok to kill innocent people. Lets not forget here that the Iraqi army didnt invade America or Britain, we invaded them, and in doing so we have destabalised their whole country.

Donna I have nothing but support for all our troops over there, God above I have a friend that is going back there next week and wont be with his kids AGAIN this Christmas, and I just want him back safe and well. I am just afraid about the motives behind the invasion, do we really want to declare war on the entire Muslim world?

Elena - I am sorry, I never meant to be hostile. I respect your veiws I really do I guess I just get carried away, the whole thing frightens me, I think that we are rushing headlong into something that is starting to turn into a religious war, and you only have to look back in history to see how they pan out.

Again I apologise.

Nina x

I am sure that you dont Elena, as you arent an Iraqi or an Islamic Fundamentalist.

So what you are saying is that if you agree with the cause then it is ok to call them freedom fighters and if you dont then they are terrorists.

Please dont misunderstand me, this is a complex issue to say the least. But I cannot for the life of me see how having the blessing of your government makes it ok to kill innocent people. Lets not forget here that the Iraqi army didnt invade America or Britain, we invaded them, and in doing so we have destabalised their whole country.

No, no....it definitely doesn't make it ok, I don't think that... but like you said, this is such a complex issue...you are right.

Elena - I am sorry, I never meant to be hostile. I respect your veiws I really do I guess I just get carried away, the whole thing frightens me, I think that we are rushing headlong into something that is starting to turn into a religious war, and you only have to look back in history to see how they pan out.

Again I apologise.

Nina x

I understand and I apologize myself, I also get carried away....but the bottom line is that we both want what's best for the Iraqi people, that I can see! and that's the most important...my respect to you!

My son is there, working on an army base in Taji. He was in the army for eight years and now works as a contractor . He is a defense comm. expert and he supports the war fully. I just support him as i am very torn as to weather or not we should be there. I think it is very complex. Donna

Agreed, it's very complex.... My respect to your son, those are the true heroes!

Let's not forget that many Iraqis have been/are helping our forces there. And now many tribal leaders are, also. If they were truly "freedom fighters", they would be embraced by their own people, but because these terrorist are destroying their own countrymen, their children, their schools and mosques, and creating chaos and pain everywhere they go, they have become the enemy. My son was in Iraq and is currently in Afghanistan, and he says that the people there have become sick and tired of these terrorists ruining their country. Yes, they are not wild about another country (us) coming in, but for the most part, they would rather deal with us than having their country taken over by these radical extremists.