Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 Bariatric Advantage

My surgery date is 3/16 so I am on day 4 of the pre-op program. I have fought through the first few days, but I am extremely emotional today and feel so hungry. I hear this is the hardest and then it gets easier.

My family is extremely supportive, but they don't understand what I am going through. I am hoping someone can give me advice or tips on how to get through these harder days.

Thank you!

I too am on the same liquid diet and am on day 4. My surgery is the same day as yours. I couldn’t even stand to hear my husband chew food in front of me this morning. I told him to leave the room. Yes I didn’t ask. I told him. I’m trying to eat some broth with unflavored Protein but I’m having a very difficult time pushing through and drinking it. I’m actually gagging. I know this will pass, but I’m with you, kinda a mess today.

Are you able to have the 4 - 5 shakes? I’ve only been able to do 3 per day.

Edited by SleeveinIL
Add more

Man, 3 is rough!! I'm on Day 7 of my pre-op and its getting easier. I've lost 7 pounds already (from 228 to 221)! :blink:

3 hours ago, mportzen said:

My surgery date is 3/16 so I am on day 4 of the pre-op program. I have fought through the first few days, but I am extremely emotional today and feel so hungry. I hear this is the hardest and then it gets easier.

My family is extremely supportive, but they don't understand what I am going through. I am hoping someone can give me advice or tips on how to get through these harder days.

Thank you!

It does get better ... a lot better. It took me a full 7 days not to have hunger pangs anymore. My surgery is on March 12th. See how you feel tomorrow. I woke up this morning pleased to be free from hunger pangs. It does happen.

I decided to go get a massage to help my mind refocus on the positives. I feel so much better. We can do this!!!

i'm on day two and a half. I've had a difficult day. My mom made herself a hamburger. I'm not mad at her! BUT...it is so hard to smell that and know I have a Protein Shake or broth to turn to for lunch. I got a little bit of a late start on my pre-op due to insurance stuff(It was denied on a tuesday and approved on Friday morning). It is a rough time. I've been meditating a lot. Focused breathing helps me a lot. Music, loud music, has also helped keep my mind busy. I also make chainmaille so that keeps the hands busy most of the time I can do it.

Knowing it gets easier is a great relief.

Thank you all that commented. I am now on day 6 and the hunger pangs are a little better, but the emotional roller coaster continues. Just heard that they want me to take one more home sleep study. It seems like everyone is being told they have sleep apnea these days. I know when I lose weight, things will be better.

I just pray that I do not have to start this over.... Thank you for letting me rant, now I will go back to positive thoughts and continue to pray!

You all are amazing and I am very thankful that I found this site.

My pre op diet consisted of Bariatric Advantage. I thought it was the WORST of all the Protein powders I've tried. I used PB2 to mix with the vanilla flavored powder. I also only mixed with Water. Milk has way too many carbs and the whole point is to send your body into ketosis. I also would eat a small meal in the evenings (days 1-7) consisting of 4 oz of chicken and 4 oz of steamed (low carb) vegetables. The remaining week, I did straight shakes. I lost 27 lbs pre op. But I think at least 10 lbs was water weight.