Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded on the 24th and feeling frustrated

I was really expecting to feel better after the surgery, but It has been 4 days and I still feel less than human. I am also having a pain in the middle of my chest. Did anyone else have this, should I be worried?

Hi there!

I was banded last December. I didn't start feeling better until about four days after the surgery (lots of muscle aches). The anesthesia hit me like a ton of bricks! The pain in the center of your chest is probably gas pains. Ask someone to pick up some Gas-X for you if you aren't able to drive yet. It was a real life-saver for me!

I hope you are feeling better soon!

I was banded on 1 November ... 3 days and starting to feel better but it's still painful and swollen around one of the cuts, probably the port area. Anyway, I'm taking it easy until the end of the week. I can work from home so I will see how I go but if it is too much, I'll take sick leave and go back next week. It seems if you give yourself a week that things improve... here's hoping anyway !! :) :Banane20:

I was banded 10/29 6 days ago and the pain in my chest is bad too. I'm taking lots of gas x without much relief. I go to the MD tomorrow for post surgical check up. Hope this goes away it's horrid.

Thanks everyone. It has been a week and a half and I am finally starting to feel human again. The gas moved from my chest into my left shoulder and that was awful, but things are definitely looking up. I am still on Protein Shakes only until Nov 12 and getting very hungry! Thanks all!

For the gas pain, WALK WALK WALK!! I was banded on the 24th as well. I am now starting to be VERY hungry. My first fill is on November 20. i can't wait!!!!

I have on ond off shoulder pain and when is gone I feel pretty good and I can do things almost the same way as I used to - however the port cut is sore still and give me dificulties...but generall I am good and getting hungry!

banded on Nov 1st - Mo first day at work San Francsico

Been banded almost 5 weeks, have 1st fill on the 29th. but i lost about 12 pounds or so post surgery but am fighting to keep them off! I can eat really anything i want its like it is not working, did i make a mistake??? help!!

Thanks everyone. It has been a week and a half and I am finally starting to feel human again. The gas moved from my chest into my left shoulder and that was awful, but things are definitely looking up. I am still on Protein Shakes only until Nov 12 and getting very hungry! Thanks all!

The shoulder pain is the worst of the worst! I feel horrible for you. I went through it for along time. It got alot worse after I would eat. Finally, even though I felt hungry, they took out some of the Fluid instead of putting more in. I was like a miracle! No Pain. After leaving some out for a month I went back and when they put it back to the same initial amount miraculously there was no pain. I know we all get afraid of removing fluid, exspecially when we are hungry but I just couldn't function with all that pain. And that pain has never returned and I have had several fills since then. Good Luck to you!

Been banded almost 5 weeks, have 1st fill on the 29th. but i lost about 12 pounds or so post surgery but am fighting to keep them off! I can eat really anything i want its like it is not working, did i make a mistake??? help!!

Be assured you did not make a mistake. It's only been 5 weeks. Once you receive your first fill things will start to go more of the way you expect it to go. Always be aware of your lap band rules. No drinking 1hr before, during, or 1hr after meal. Eat SLOWLY, Chew, Chew, Chew. Eat things that will stay in your band the longest! Soup or liquids are bad choices because you get the calories but they don't stay in your band long. Proteins are important. Work close with your doctor and let him know everything(even the things we are not so proud of) be honest with him and yourself so he is best able to adjust and inform you of the things needed to be done to be sucessful. Please like I said to the others, please keep us informed on your progress. Good Luck!