Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travel 3-weeks Post Op revision surgery Lap Band to RNY

I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday 2/27. I had lap band 10 years ago and over time, it has not worked out for me. I am having revision to RNY. I am wondering if anyone has tips for travel 3 weeks post surgery. I have to go. I work for a government contractor and I have to attend a 4 day certification boot-camp for work. I know it is best not to do this, but I must. So of course, I am worried about lifting luggage, etc. I will just have to pack light and weight everything to stay under 10-15 lbs. I am also wondering how to do soft/puree at that stage away form home. I have thought of taking a mini blender or just sticking to shakes? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

I had RNY on 2/21/18 and also have travel on 3/8/18. I always pack light (and I usually check my bag). By checking my bag and only carrying a purse on board, I won’t have to lift anything (I will pull the suitcase off the carousel and use the wheels). My hotel room will have a mini fridge so my plan is to pack Protein Powder and a stick blender and just purchase milk at the hotel. I am a little nervous about one big dinner out that we will have as a group. I’ve asked to be given notice of the restaurant selection when it’s made so that I can determine whether anything on the menu is on my menu at that time (maybe Soup? ). If not, I plan to attend anyways and enjoy Water because I get a lot out of the conversation at these dinners (it’s a learning thing). I know that will feel awkward, but I also plan to tell anyone who asks that I had a recent stomach surgery and just can’t eat what’s on the menu yet. I know not everyone would be comfortable with my plan, but that’s what I plan to do.

I'll update again after travel. However, as of yesterday, I was given clearance for travel by my surgeon for 3/8. I am restricted to lifting no more than 10lbs until the day I travel - at which point I am fine to lift what I am able to lift. I was also progressed to puree and soft/mushy foods as of yesterday!!! This will make that dinner out a little easier I hope. I will still pack Protein Drinks and my stick blender as I doubt that the lunches will be very food-stage compliant, but I am grateful for having options!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches