Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tubal Ligation after banded

Some people who want to have their tubes tied, wish to do so to prevent reoccurring miscarriages.

It's not always just about not wanting more kids. Sometimes there is more to it.

I feel that if it was maybe easier to have a tubal, there would be less people living on the Gov.System. I know someone that just kept having kids because she can live off the gov hand and foot. If I would have proberly had another child, but then I wouldn't have been able to give them what I can give the child I have now. You know it is sad when the Gov can give someone everthing when they don't work but someone that works has to pay for everything, and can't get any help at all. Not even childcare help because you make a penny too much. I don't beleive in bringing a child in the world on purpose knowing you can't provide a decent life for them.

I do feel blessed that I am able to have a child, I feel for the people that want children and can provide a great life for one.

It make s me so mad the ones on drugs and don't care, they have children like it is popcorn. The girl knew would still be haveing kids if she wouldn't have almost died having the last one, she ended up having a hystorectomy after the 4th one. She would be on #10 if that wouldn't had happen. It makes me so mad to see someone like that having children when there is so many that can't.

Those of you who can't God will bless you in another way.

I agree with you on the point of people having kids just to get more money-

And even though I know that its not the "right" way to feel, it does really piss me off that crack addicts and people that do not take care of their kids like they should can pop them out like its candy, yet, we would love more than life to just have one baby...and cant...it sucks!!!

It has really taken its toll on me in the past and has caused a major time of depression at once.

I have tried to look at it as all things happen for a reason and not that I am being punished.

It just gets to me when you hear of people that dont care for their kids, on drugs etc...just keep on having them...they just dont realize what a special gift a child is,and you shouldnt take it for granted, and depend on others to take care of them..have the children that you want and can provide for...

well, now that i have jumped off my soap box..Ill go for now!:)

work the doctor...if he says no...go back...keep asking! My doc asked me every month if I was "sure" I was young but it was my 3rd...I really had to convince him to do it...but it has been 13 years and I have never regreted it! Good luck

crazy4catz - I can see where you're coming from (4 1/2 years of TTC and a single miscarriage...no viable pregnancy), but I think having kids is certainly up to the woman involved. Yes - it's a blessing to some to be able to have kids, and to others it's a curse. I don't think it's really necessary to guilt those that have taken care of the one or two that they have (or none at all).

The crack whores, on the other hand. Ugh. Don't even get me started. Right after I had my miscarriage at the beginning of September, all kinds of stupid people have fallen pregnant since. I really do my best to not feel angry about it because it doesn't change anything and everything happens for a reason. But there are definitely times when I just want to kick something! I'm right there with you. I'm really hoping, though, that losing the weight will make a healthy pregnancy possible - I hope it turns out that way for you, too. Don't give up hope!