Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My hubby and I were both banded yesterday!

We just returned home from the hospital and are feeling great! I'm so glad that he decided to do this with me. I just wondering about any advice anyone has for newbies. Thanks in advance

KEWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Home Kandorfs Welcome Home! LOL

Let those babies heal and then you will be ready to rock on down that scale

Tracyinks,

You look awesome, how much ahve you lost, how long???

Would you please give me some advice on about how many calories a day do u eat....... About how much weight a week do u lose..... I was banded 10-10-07, still a newbie.

I'm newly banded as well! How wonderful having your home support system. Best advice i could give is what everyone here says in the early stage - follow you'r doctors post program. These first few weeks are so important!

Congradulations on both of you being banded. My wife and I were banded one week a part (9/12/07 9/19/07) and both of us are doing good and ready for a 2nd fill.

Chris

Thanks for your replies. I am so lucky to have both of us doing this together. We don't have any kids at home, so we don't have to worry about any meals or such except for ourselves. My hubby is doing wonderful and went back to work today. I'm still very sore and stayed home for one more day of rest. We are being very religious about following doctor's orders. My biggest thing is that the thought of food is making me nauseous. I really have to work hard to make sure I'm drinking enough Water.< /p>

There is nothing like home support, my wife and I were banded on 10/5/07. It has been easier since we are going through the process together. And like one comment stated, it is easier on meal preparation, saved us grocery shopping and eating out since we can split an entrée and be full since. We both work outside the home and have agreed to take our lunches to work to help us with the regime and have started our exercise program together.We have been married for a year and a half and this is a commitment we made to each other to get our health issues under control, I consider this one of the best decisions we have made.

We have lost 12 and 33 pounds respectively since our pre op preparation and post surgery to date.

Best wishes to all. :clap2:

post-224971-13813135743276_thumb.png

Congradulations my wife and I were banded on the same day.

Many of the staff though it was so cute and helpful to have a built in support system.

We are doing fine and have had one fill.

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Hello~

My husband and I were banded over 2 wks ago, and it is GREAT having the support system in house. We figured we got fat together, might as well get skinny together...Best of Luck!!!

Lu

The staff all thought we were cute, too. At first we were in seperate rooms but as soon as they could they put us together. It is great to hear of so many couples who took the challenge on together. :nervous

I am new too, i was banded on 10-10-07 by Dr Zapada in Monterrey. we are all learning together , i am so happy i did it i feel great. 29# gone so far :)