Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 days out weight gain

Hi everyone. When I first saw a 3 lb weight gain I wrote it off as Water weight or Constipation. But the 3 lbs has stuck with me for five days now and I’m starting to wonder how it’s possible to gain weight this soon out. Did this happen to anyone else?

I think my worry is intensified by the fact that I don’t feel much restriction. I can drink water pretty fast and have tried many soft foods and nothing makes me sick. I even ate one MM just to see, and I was fine. Please don’t judge. I was curious.

That being said, I am not over eating and am consuming very few calories so I think I should be losing. Thoughts? I’m scared this won’t work for me :(

Don't worry. A LOT of people go through exactly what you're going through.

How much did you lose before surgery? How much did you lose during presurgical diet?

Did you stop any maintenance meds after surgery?

Being able to drink well and eat well mean you're healing well...it's a good thing.

Be patient. You will lose. I promise.

I lost 14 on the preop diet, then 10 more by day 6 post op. Then I gained 3 lbs in one day and now at 11 days post op I’m still only at 7 lbs down since surgery. I have not been perfect on my post op diet, but I have not been consuming many calories at all.

So, think of it a different way.....

In the past month, you've lost 21 pounds. That's HUGE.

Also, keep in mind that the average amount that people lose in their first month after surgery, is 18% of their excess weight.

If you had 50 pounds to lose the day of surgery.....the average person loses 9 pounds that first month.

You still have a couple of weeks until you're out a month.

You're doing fine.

That’s good to hear. I had 70 to lose.

Hi everyone. When I first saw a 3 lb weight gain I wrote it off as Water weight or Constipation. But the 3 lbs has stuck with me for five days now and I’m starting to wonder how it’s possible to gain weight this soon out. Did this happen to anyone else?

I think my worry is intensified by the fact that I don’t feel much restriction. I can drink Water pretty fast and have tried many soft foods and nothing makes me sick. I even ate one MM just to see, and I was fine. Please don’t judge. I was curious.

That being said, I am not over eating and am consuming very few calories so I think I should be losing. Thoughts? I’m scared this won’t work for me [emoji20]

Yes, I’ve gained 2 pounds in the past 2 days. I’m hungry all the time and don’t feel much restriction. I’m a little over 2 weeks post op RNY. Feeling pretty discouraged right now

Lap band 10/2007 revised to RNY 12/22/2017

HW 270

SW 263

CW 252

Almost 1 month out for me, I gained 2 lbs a couple of weeks in.. I think its just our bodies readjusting. I felt good and was able to tolerate food very easy. I actually started my mush phase a couple of days early because I was feeling real hunger not head hunger. But I think by actually doing well and being able to take in decent (i think) calories my weight loss has been slower than I expected. Friday will be my 1 month and I'm at 12 lbs down post surgery.

It is your body adjusting to the change. I was the same and then the weight loss jump started!