Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight in the morning?

I had a fill almost a week ago, 1 cc in a 4 cc band. Overall I think it's a good fill, as the scale has moved. But in the morning I feel really tight and have to slowly sip my protien shake. By 1pm I can eat lunch and end up staying full for the rest of the day. I really only have protien shakes after that along with Water. Is it normal to be tight in the morning or do I need a slight unfill? Or should I just wait another week and see how I feel then. I'm scheduled for another fill the end of November, but I know if I feel anything like I do now I'm not going to need it.

Thanks,

Leena

I had a fill almost a week ago, 1 cc in a 4 cc band. Overall I think it's a good fill, as the scale has moved. But in the morning I feel really tight and have to slowly sip my protien shake. By 1pm I can eat lunch and end up staying full for the rest of the day. I really only have protien shakes after that along with Water. Is it normal to be tight in the morning or do I need a slight unfill? Or should I just wait another week and see how I feel then. I'm scheduled for another fill the end of November, but I know if I feel anything like I do now I'm not going to need it.

Thanks,

Leena

I notice I am tighter in the mornings as well, I dont drink or eat anything though until I have had at least 24 ounces of Water, makes my day easier if you know what I mean. Im concerned though that you are drinking so many shakes... and I know every dr is different but my drs goals was to get me off of the liquid diet.... perhaps check with your Doc/nurse and just let them know you are drinking lots of liquids and getting far less actual food down. Then they can tell you what they want you to do.

I am tighter in the mornings as well. l started stopping on my way to work and getting a 24 oz. Decaf hazlenut coffee so that I am at least working on my fluids. Plus the heat seems to loosen things a little. Usually by 11 or so I can eat something but try to hold off for lunchtime since i am at work. Since my last small fill (.25cc) 10/8 I have noticed over the past week that I now tend to get tight in the evenings around dinner time.

Thanks gals. I figured it was normal. It lasted a bit longer today, so I just ate two egg whites with a spoonful of nonfat ricotta cheese. My doctor's office said I'll loosen up as I loose more weight. So I can't complain, atleast the weight is coming off and atleast I'm not PBing.

I am usually tight until around 2 pm . which is fine with me I normally dont eat Breakfast , never have, so i drink a Protein shake, those always go down fine. I have always eaten lunch a little late as well. So i eat lunch around 2 I am normally getting hungry around then and I eat dinner around 8 . I will have a snack between lunch and dinner. If i am really tight, which usually happens when I am under alot of stress, Like NOW i will drink warm tea or sugar free Hot chocolate to loosen things up . Sometimes under lots of stress i can feel like im having an anxiety attack , my band will almost feel like its strangling me , I know its strange, but that's how it feels. my chest gets very tight and I feel as if i can not breathe for a few minutes . So i have to watch it .. Normally warm Water helps in a pinch for those moments. :paranoid

HTH

Mindy