Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

E-Bay Feedback.. GRRR!!!

I've shopped on E-bay since 2001. I never had a negative feedback till last Christmas. And I really resent this kind of stuff..

I was sold a pair of leather gloves. I had them on for less than 5 minutes, and when I took them off my hands were streaked with black dyes. My hands were not even sweaty. So I left negative feedback that the gloves were cheap-o (no surprise).

Well, then *I* get negative feedback. I don't think that's fair! *I* Paid IMMEDIATELY. I did everything a good buyer does. But I got a crap product, and now my record is tainted. :)

What's worse? And I know I probably take this too personal but I get mad..

I bought some tapered candles off E-bay last week. I got them, they do smell wonderful, but they are crap. They actually FELL APART in my hands when I was trying to put them in the candle holder (a chandelier thing).

So, being NICE.. I gave them NEUTRAL feedback.. Smells wonderful, look nice, but crumble apart.

What do they do?

GIVE ME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!! ARGH!!!! I was being NICE for crying out loud. I wish I could go back and put negative, cause the seller is a jackass.

They said I'm a bad e-bay and bad candle user? Whatever the hell that means. If you sell a taper candle, it should fit in a taper holder.. right?? It can't be that complex.

But I'm really fuming about how now I have another negative feedback, and I was actually NICE ENOUGH not to give THEM negative feedback.

I guess from now on, when something is crappy I should just not leave any feedback???? :o

I've shopped on E-bay since 2001. I never had a negative feedback till last Christmas. And I really resent this kind of stuff..

I was sold a pair of leather gloves. I had them on for less than 5 minutes, and when I took them off my hands were streaked with black dyes. My hands were not even sweaty. So I left negative feedback that the gloves were cheap-o (no surprise).

Well, then *I* get negative feedback. I don't think that's fair! *I* Paid IMMEDIATELY. I did everything a good buyer does. But I got a crap product, and now my record is tainted. :)

I bought some tapered candles off E-bay last week. I got them, they do smell wonderful, but they are crap. They actually FELL APART in my hands when I was trying to put them in the candle holder (a chandelier thing).

So, being NICE.. I gave them NEUTRAL feedback.. Smells wonderful, look nice, but crumble apart.

What do they do?

GIVE ME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!! ARGH!!!! I was being NICE for crying out loud. I wish I could go back and put negative, cause the seller is a jackass.

They said I'm a bad e-bay and bad candle user? Whatever the hell that means. If you sell a taper candle, it should fit in a taper holder.. right?? It can't be that complex.

But I'm really fuming about how now I have another negative feedback, and I was actually NICE ENOUGH not to give THEM negative feedback.

I guess from now on, when something is crappy I should just not leave any feedback???? :o

That's why I don't like Ebay. People there are nuts and assholes. I went through a couple of periods where I was addicted to buying stuff off of there, so I just avoid going back, for fear that I'll get sucked back in.

I tend to shop there around Christmas, and when I need an odd or end around the house that I know I can find cheap there.

I bought a nightstand for the guestroom on there for $8 ($20 total with shipping) a couple weeks ago and I love it.

I tend to shop there around Christmas, and when I need an odd or end around the house that I know I can find cheap there.

I bought a nightstand for the guestroom on there for $8 ($20 total with shipping) a couple weeks ago and I love it.

I love all the jewelry and the little statues and other art stuff. I found some great things there. Ack! Now you're making me want to go back. And I'm broke! :omg::paranoid

Eek! Run away, there's scandalous sellers and douchebags amuck!

What do they do?

You know what? You aren't going to like this but I disagree with you and agree with giving you a neg. I'd do the same. Well, I might do the same but I would darn sure think about it.

The stuff on ebay is cheap crap and fakes. Everyone knows it. When you buy an item you really do get what you pay for. If you are not happy it is your job as a consumer to contact the seller and try to work it out. Most will refund your money if they know full well you are in the right. You didn't do that, you never wrote that you contacted the seller. You never gave them a chance to make it right.

If you give them a chance to make it right and they ignore you or don't at least TRY to do something to fix the problem, they are absolutely within their rights to give you a neg in return.

The f/b system on ebay is not perfect but the one thing about it is that it is an opinion of the overall experience. The experience the seller had with you is that you bought an item, paid for it, received it, and negged them. Their perception of you is that you are unreasonable and nasty. You never even gave them a chance to fix the mistake and according to your list of events, you didn't. You deserved the neg. The overall experience is NOT just if you paid on time, the overall experience includes a total lack of communication on your part with a problem.

I used to volunteer for ebay helping scammed people get their money back. Anyone that shops on ebay is an absolute fool unless they are willing to lose any money they send to anyone. It's a system full of scams, cons, and illegal activity. Ebay is *just* as bad as the worst scammers scamming people. PayPal is just as bad as Ebay. They are sued by every Attorney General's office in the country for a reason. It isn't because they are all sweetness and light.

As for your f/b score, who cares? Are you buying f/b or widgets? As a buyer it doesn't make a lick of difference if you have two negs. It ONLY matters as a seller. The whole key to f/b is to leave factual information, no name calling, no trashing of others, just the facts. People tend to ignore the negs left when you merely leave the facts. If the other party slams you then they really are the ones people look at.

Which seller f/b would you take seriously?

"Fat f'ing freak never payed [sic] for a damn thing!"

Or...

"Bid 3/1/07, payment due 3/8/07, not received as of 4/1/07."

As a buyer are you going to do business with the first or second seller?

Same thing applies to buyers.

Did you just call me fat?! I kid.. :o

I guess I *could* have communicated to them, but in the history of e-bay I've never had someone agree to fix the problem. I see what you're saying.. and maybe the gloves one, I could have given him a chance.. but the candles, I said this--

"Smell WONDERFUL, look cute, but crumbled upon use". -Neutral Feedback.

That was NICE! I couldn't be more nice, I paid 20 bucks for candles that went into my garbage 10 minutes after opening them. These people know their products before they send them. If it's not a shipping problem, they know its a POS, so if I contact them to complain, they can't 'fix the problem'.

I did order 2 lamps on there once, that they shipped to my NM address.. I still don't know where it came from, it wasn't on my Paypal.. maybe Ebay.. but my invoice said where I live now, so I didn't know she was shipping to the wrong place. I contacted her, she sent me 2 new lamps to my current address. 1 was broken in shipping. I still gave her positive because where as she could have shipped it better, she made an effort to correct a problem and the PRODUCT WAS GOOD.

And I agree, e-bay is full of scams.. which is why I never buy anything WORTH anything on there.. my dad actually bought a PS3 and Wii on there last x-mas, I couldn't believe it. And he was scammed on the PS3, imagine that.

I have had problems with Paypal in the past, but they normally fix everything. Right now they won't change my last name unless I send a photo ID & marriage cert. That might be for documenting or whatever, but I didn't need a photo ID to make my account and it makes me nervous that they want one now. So I just am not changing my name with them.

What do they do?

That is a pet peeve of mine on eBay too - I am a long time buyer and seller. Feedback should be given for the transaction that occurred. That means that sellers should give feedback immediately upon payment (I always do). But now so many sellers hold off on their feedback until you give it - that is just wrong!

I have ONE negative feedback in 528 transactions. I sold a ruby ring with appraisal papers, and the buyer didn't like it. Posted a negative feedback saying I didn't return email and it just wasn't true. I offered to refund in full, with no response. So to this day I am still angry at this person.

AARRRGGGHHH - sometimes life just isn't fair!

PS - I still love eBay!

That is a pet peeve of mine on eBay too - I am a long time buyer and seller. Feedback should be given for the transaction that occurred. That means that sellers should give feedback immediately upon payment (I always do). But now so many sellers hold off on their feedback until you give it - that is just wrong!

I have ONE negative feedback in 528 transactions. I sold a ruby ring with appraisal papers, and the buyer didn't like it. Posted a negative feedback saying I didn't return email and it just wasn't true. I offered to refund in full, with no response. So to this day I am still angry at this person.

AARRRGGGHHH - sometimes life just isn't fair!

PS - I still love eBay!

Geeze. You'd think they could figure out that they didn't like it from looking at the pictures.

I always go for the cheaper stuff when it comes to jewelry. Amber, ethnic, natural stones, that kind of thing.

Geeze. You'd think they could figure out that they didn't like it from looking at the pictures.

I always go for the cheaper stuff when it comes to jewelry. Amber, ethnic, natural stones, that kind of thing.

For a long time I was hooked on buying and reselling jewelry, back when most sellers weren't STORES. I've been really lucky overall, and have some unique jewelry - including a 14K Lap Band charm.... <some people will buy anything>

For a long time I was hooked on buying and reselling jewelry, back when most sellers weren't STORES. I've been really lucky overall, and have some unique jewelry - including a 14K Lap Band charm.... <some people will buy anything>

What does that look like? I might have to find one for myself. I can't wear necklaces or rings (I get overheated), but my jewelry weaknesses are bracelets and earrings.

but the candles, I said this--

"Smell WONDERFUL, look cute, but crumbled upon use". -Neutral Feedback.

That was NICE! I couldn't be more nice, I paid 20 bucks for candles that went into my garbage 10 minutes after opening them. These people know their products before they send them. If it's not a shipping problem, they know its a POS, so if I contact them to complain, they can't 'fix the problem'.

I disagree with this too. You should have contacted the seller and at least offer to let them refund your money. If they didn't since you ONLY use a credit card on ebay you do a chargeback. You don't just throw away $20.

I have a gazillion f/bs between all my ebay IDs. I don't care about it. I don't sell anymore so I don't even use my seller ID. If the person clearly deserves positive f/b, I leave it. If they don't, I leave a neg. I don't care who leaves it first or second, I leave my honest opinion. In the years I used to ebay I've left two negs and received none. Well, except the scammers. We negged the heck out of them but that wasn't with my buyer or seller IDs. I had a buyer ID, seller ID, posting ID, and an anti-scammer ID. Okay, several anti-scammer IDs.

Ebay is dirty, they are horrible. They do nothing about the fraud because they make a freak'en fortune off fraud. I have no desire to give them my business. I do like Amazon, the sellers are a better quality there. Might cost a bit more but it's money well spent.

What does that look like? I might have to find one for myself. I can't wear necklaces or rings (I get overheated), but my jewelry weaknesses are bracelets and earrings.

It looks just like the lapband with a stone for the port, lol. I will try to take a photo of it. Jewelry is my weakness.....

You guys.. this was SO appropriate for this thread.

Let me give you the background first..

Our company was one of the first ever to do recycled paper.. back in 1990 for a John Denver CD. Said CD is out of print and 'rare' and blahty blah. Well the CEO asked me to find a copy of the original for a 'green' hollywood ad we're doing in December. This was NO easy feat. I found it on Amazon, but it did not look like the original, so I purchased it for $80 and looked around some more. Found someone in UK who happens to specialize in John Denver CD's. Lucky me. Not..

So I start talking to her in e-mails, and every response e-mail is some sad story about some cat she rescued needing surgery, her sick mom so she can't work, blah blah. And I am politely responding...Please, give me a bottom line pricing, we need this NOW.. and it has to come from UK so this needs to get going. A whole WEEK passes of her sob stories and no real answer. In this time, I receive the one from Amazon and amazingly it IS the original. That same morning, she finally responds, she wants $700 + $200 shipping (because UK shippers are on strike?). $900 total. I was in the middle of my e-mail to her that we got what we were looking for, nevermind.. but thanks!

I get a long letter back about how much trouble she went to for me (???) and would like me to send $200 as compensation. Friggin looney toon on my hand. So I don't respond to her e-mail (I also had bid on one of her other versions of this same CD, again I thought it was the original for $20). Auction ends, I pay for it, she sent it to me. I received it yesterday, and my last e-mail to her was 2 Fridays ago.

So this morning, customer service manager comes to me with an e-mail.

THIS IS RICH.

I would like to raise a matter of concern with you regarding an approach recently made to me, on 10th October 2007, by a representative of (my company). I am unhappy with the manner of the request, the outcome and the demands made on my time.

However, I first seek assurances that it would be appropriate to raise this matter with yourself, as Customer Service Manager, and that this matter would be dealt with confidentially, respecting the privacy of the individual concerned, in accordance with your company procedures relating to contact with external parties for the sourcing of products required for internal business activities.

It would be helpful if you could perhaps advise me of your organisation's recommended procedure regarding written statements of intent to purchase products from private individuals as opposed to corporate transactions. This would help to clarify the criteria to be met by both parties.

Yours sincerely,

Keeping in mind, she would have gotten SOME money out of me if 1. she didn't take forever with sob stories thus letting amazon's get here first 2. I paid for the thing I actually bid on 3. She was trying to scam me of $900 friggin dollars.

She got our company name from my e-mail address. The friggin nerve this lady has. What if I was a little no body that the company didn't know working here, and they get some random e-mail like this lady sent? Luckily, I'm not going anywhere, and we're having a big laugh.. but I can't believe her audacity. They told me not to respond, but of course once they decide how to respond to her I'm leaving feedback that she tried to get me fired from my damn job.