Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you eating?

Can some of you guys list the things you are eating for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Snacks and how much? I am almost 4 weeks out and haven't lost anything in 2 whole weeks. I have not gained (which I am thankful for) but I am staying at 264-265 every day and not losing. I know I am eating some things I probably shouldn't but MUCH smaller amounts than before surgery and probably 1/2 to 1/3 of the calories as before. I'm probably averaging about 1500 calories per day. I get my first fill next week but I actually do feel a good amount of restriction now. Hopefully it will be more after my fill but I still want to start losing. Just wondering what you guys are eating. Thanks.

Mandi - each morning I have an 8oz Protein Shake - with 30 grams of Protein. lunch - today I had 4 1/2 oz of lean turkey meat and 1 1/2 oz of green Beans. dinner tonight will be chili - about 6 oz of it. Every day is different, are you getting in your Water, Vitamins and veggies? Make sure to eat protein first too. Weightloss will slow down until your first fill too, maybe even after your second fill even - be patient, it will come soon!

Mandi- I really feel it will change after your fill-it did for me-I was eating about 900-1100 calories a day before my fill- no weight loss-couldn't figure it out myself-then miracle happened-got my fill last week and I have lost 4 lbs in 5 days-been sticking to about 900 calories a day. I would say just do what you are doing-you are not gaining-my doc said most people actually gain before first fill.

Mandi- My surgeon has patients stay under 1000 calories a day. What's a typical day of eating like for you? You may need to eliminate some of the calories. Also are you exercising? I'm almost a week post fill and started loosing again, but am only eating one solid meal and 2 protien shake liquid ones due to tightness.

Hi Mandy-Heres what I eat in a typical day. breakfast 1/2 cup either

cottage cheese, scramble eggs, low fat sausage-lunch the same as dinner-1/2 cup total roasted turkey,chicken,meatball,gyro meat, fish with a small about of vegatable and somes times fruit.(this is part of my 1/2 cup lunch-dinner serving. 2 snaks sugar free jello-popsycles-pudding-yogart-hard boiled egg. I try to get in 48 to 64 oz of liguid. Water, crystal light, caffeine free tea. I was banded on sep 11 th. Im down about 19 lbs. I hope this helps you. Hang in there

I gained a few lbs before my first fill and week 4-5 was the worst for me as far as hunger. I was eating about 1500-1800 calories a day during this time. After my first fill, I felt restricted and it is a lot easier to stick to 1000 calories a day. My Dr. gave me a menu to follow:

Breakfast: oatmeal w/skim milk (for protein) OR lowfat yogurt mixed with kashi go lean Cereal OR eggs with turkey bacon/canadian bacon

Lunch: Fill half of my plate with Protein and eat all the Protein first. Then eat 1/4 plate of vegetables, then eat 1/4 plate of fruit (if I am still hugnry)

Dinner: The same as lunch.

She told me to stay away from Protein shakes bc they will not make me feel full and will only load me up on calories. Solid foods only! After my first fill, my weight loss started again and I dropped 4 lbs in the first week.

Also, start getting more activity in. Wear a pedometer and try to hit 10,000 steps a day. The activity will counteract your caloric intake and result in weight loss.

You can do it! Good luck!!