Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipes!!

OK everyone... post your yummy bandster friendly recipes here!

You need to post your turkey meatball recipe FIRST! YUM! Making those again tonight!

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

1 pound ground turkey

1 cup dry breadcrumbs

1 tbsp cayenne pepper

1 tbsp minced garlic

1 egg

4 ounces mozzarella cheese

1. pre-heat over to 400F degrees.
  2. cut mozzarella cheese into very small cubes.
  3. mix breadcrumbs (I use pepperage farms herb crusted stuffing mix) and cayenne pepper in large bowl.
  4. add 1 egg and minced garlic to breadcrumbs.
  5. fold in ground turkey.
  6. may need to add more breadcrumbs to desired texture.
  7. roll meatballs to about 1 inch size.
  8. make hole in each meatball and add small cube of mozzarella cheese to middle, then pinch meat around and roll to fully cover cheese.
  9. Place on lighty greased baking pan.
  10. bake at 400F degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs fully cooked.

I eat these plain - cause I'm boring... but you can mix up a gravy or dip them in some sort of sauce if you want.

Here is a variation on meatballs/buffalo wings. It was on Rachael Ray yesterday!!!

Buffalo chicken Meatballs

1 pound ground white meat chicken

1/2 small onion, grated

2 cloves garlic, grated

1/2 cup parsley chopped

salt and pepper

extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling

2 Tbsp butter or margarine

1/2 cup hot sauce

3 scallions thinly sliced

bleu cheese dressing

carrot sticks

celery sticks

Yields: 4 snack-size servings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with the onion, garlic and parsley, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Flatten out the meat in the bowl and score it into four portions using the side of your hand. Shape each portion into four balls – you should have sixteen meatballs in total.

Arrange the meatballs on a nonstick sheet pan and drizzle them with EVOO. Place in the oven and bake until the meatballs are cooked through and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.

While the meatballs are baking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine. Toss the baked meatballs in the hot sauce to coat.

Transfer the meatballs to a serving platter and spike each one with a toothpick or serving fork. Place the bleu cheese dressing in a small serving bowl and garnish with scallions. Serve the meatballs with the bleu cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks alongside.

Wow! Some great recipes! Suzzzie, your meatball recipe reminds me of the one I do and then freeze like 4-5 meatballs in a ziplock and reheat for Breakfast.

I use:

1 lb. ground pork sausage (or turkey sausage)

1 lb. ground turkey breast

2 eggs (could do just the whites)

1 c. skim shredded cheese

2 Tbsp. dried onion flakes

1/2 tsp. black pepper

Mix all together until well blended. Form into balls about 1 - 1 1/2 inch and place on cookie sheet. (I line mine with foil) Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.

Once cooled, you can store in ziplock baggies and freeze.

About 4 of these have approx. 400 calories, BUT 32.8 g. Protein.

Oven Fried chicken Tenders

1 pkg. chicken tenders

melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Mashed Potatoes Flakes

Dredge tenders first in butter then in potatoes. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.

Variations:Use Ranch Seasoning.

Someone even suggested using NF Ranch Dressing rather than the butter.

Chicken Fajitas

I won't give the recipe, because I don't measure this one. I usually do it in my Turbo Cooker. And depending on how my band is doing, I either get a whole wheat tortilla or serve over brown rice.

You can even turn this into an omelette very easily.

I've even taken leftover fillings and turned into Chicken Fajita Soup.