Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Unfill made me a happy camper!

I've been too tight since my port revision when they filled me up.

Since they are such a long drive, and I could get down liquids I was waiting till my appt (today) to get some taken out.

I've been PBing an awful lot this past month and spent a lot of days on no solids..

But today I told him I needed a little unfill.. he said they put 1.5cc in there, and for the first time they got the needle in the port in the blink of an eye! No poking and prodding, and it was so easy to access. I was just beaming hah!

He got drawback like he expected, and took .5cc out.

He gave me crackers, but crackers never had a problem going down anyway so.. when I got home, I made chicken for dinner. The REAL test for me..

My little bite well-chewed went down just fine. It was horribly gross though(don't buy the Chili's do-it-yourself meal things.. blech), so I heated up 6 swedish meatballs instead (1 serving size). I ate 4 of them, pain free and "PB" free.. and satisfied. This could be my sweet spot, hooooray! :whoo:

I've been too tight since my port revision when they filled me up.

Since they are such a long drive, and I could get down liquids I was waiting till my appt (today) to get some taken out.

I've been PBing an awful lot this past month and spent a lot of days on no solids..

But today I told him I needed a little unfill.. he said they put 1.5cc in there, and for the first time they got the needle in the port in the blink of an eye! No poking and prodding, and it was so easy to access. I was just beaming hah!

He got drawback like he expected, and took .5cc out.

He gave me crackers, but crackers never had a problem going down anyway so.. when I got home, I made chicken for dinner. The REAL test for me..

My little bite well-chewed went down just fine. It was horribly gross though(don't buy the Chili's do-it-yourself meal things.. blech), so I heated up 6 swedish meatballs instead (1 serving size). I ate 4 of them, pain free and "PB" free.. and satisfied. This could be my sweet spot, hooooray! :whoo:

Good for you! I'm rooting for you!

Good for you! I just had an unfill a few weeks ago myself. Had been putting it off for months for fear of regaining weight. Wasn't PB'ing much myself but the nightly acid reflux was a killer. What a relief it has been to be unfilled and touch wood no regain as of yet. Even if there was living that tight just isn't healthy, and definitly not worth the risk of losing the band for good with a slip or errosion.

Health and risks aside, being overfilled just sucked.

I literally threw up anytime I tried to eat normal healthy food.. I just didn't want to drive all the way down there knowing I had to go back for my 2nd post-op a couple weeks later.

Day 2 just as sweet! No signs of PBing or pains. Just the sweet sweet satisfaction of being 'just full'.

I had been too tight for the last three weeks, but was hoping that it would loosen up a little. I was soooo tired of vomiting, PBing, not eating any solid food, etc. I finally got a .4cc unfill today and Wooo Hooo, I feel good. I had a bottle of Water on my way home and it actually went down without choking me. What a relief. It is amazing how just a tiny bit can make a huge difference. :hungry: dinners ready and I get to eat real food!!!