Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra Shopping

paula

LMAO, Penni! You are cracking me up. Im with you on the accuracy part.

I bet Leatha would know... She used to work for a bra company.

Leatha...... yewwwwhhhhoooo?????

I've been measured. They're very discreet and professional about it -- (Sorry Greg! It's a female.) You don't have a bra on. They measure around - under the breasts to get your size, 40, 44, etc. Then they measure around - across the fullest part. +1" (A cup), +2" (B cup), and so on. Once you get your size figured out, try different types and brands on. They all fit differently. Some are uncomfortable from the get-go.

So Marie: Do you hold up your breasts for them to measure around? I still don't get it. Mine hang low without a bra on.

I've tried following that method of measurement as described in a magazine. It turned out I am a size H cup. Yeah, right! It didn't work for me. I was wearing a C cup at the time. I like the pendulum idea Penni mentioned.

I don't understand why anybody would waste their time getting accurate measurements when all bras vary from size to size. That system for measuring sounds like rocket science - all that math being wasted on hooters.

My 42B is falling off me, but my other brand 40C doesn't fit - the hook and eye won't come together. Walmart bras are cut big, but Nordstrom bras are cut small. JC Penny's are different than Dillards. My little girls know best, so I just try stuff on to see if they're comfy.

Then again, the pole dancer in me kinda likes the idea of standing topless in a store letting strangers play with my boobies.

Penni, how does your system work? Like take the bra off, give the bod one good swoosh, then using a metronome to see how they keep time? So for every full count they swing, you add a cup size, and for half counts that's a half size?

I'd say how high they can fly.

If they hit your chin when you jump, that's a C.

If you knock your self out that's a EE

Vera you're right on target. Everybody keeps asking where the bruises on my chin came from, I told them, running down the steps without a bra on.

Hey, I love both of your ideas. I will stick to my measuring. I was a 40DD before losing weight, and should have been a 44DD. I am now back in a 40DD but a better fitting bra this time. The girls have underwire support and lifted where they are supposed to be. Oh well!! I am comfortable with my girls in the sizing they presently have.

I have simply gotta stop slipping into LBT at work -- I'm sitting here laughing in my office again on a day when everyone else is mopey and miserable. People are starting to ask what I'm spiking my Water with. DeLarla, we must be exactly the same size, except I'm a little older and thus gravitationally impaired. Greg, when you fill out your JC Penney job application, maybe you can suggest the metronome method to your interviewer! Telling, not demonstrating, that is.

Zoe, I still love your quilted jacket and the long black one! But your pants are all to big on me now, HAHA and WOOHOO to that! So you're the one buying the only 42B bra they make? Give it to me!

I guess when someone else measures you, it's different than when you're looking down and trying to measure yourself. (Just a guess.) But I honestly bought the most comfortable bras from this place that I've ever had. They're near the Medical Center and deal w/ a lot of people w/health problems. I can't find the brands they carry in a regular store. Knowing what size/cup I was supposed to be in was definitely worth the time it took to find out. There's nothing worse than an uncomfortable, digging into you bra!

Zoe: Greg can use the metronome measurement much like the pendulum measurement only for his jock strap sizing. LOL!!