Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wells Fargo

Hi is anyone here an employee of Wells Fargo? They are changing our plans in 2008 to Wells Fargo health plans Silver and Gold, High Deductable and I believe a Healthnet one. I am not sure which plan covers the Lap Band Surgery and was wondering if anyone does. I am on Pacificare but it will be up in Dec. I am just waiting for my CPAP machine as I had sleep study done. But Pacificare does not pay for a Nutricianist. Since I have to pick a new plan by Nov I was hoping someone else might be employed by WFB and know. Thanks all and good to be here. I am sure each and everyone here has some great advice and support.:)

LuAnn

I don't work for Wells Fargo, but I know when the company that I work for changed our healthcare plan options they actually had people from Anthem come in so we could ask questions about the new plan options. Are they planning on doing that for your company? Or you could always call the health insurance customer service line and ask them that way.

Hope this helps and I hope you'll be able to find all that info out. Good luck!

i work for wells fargo in austin, tx. i have been researching options for insurance and am fairly convinced that the "wells fargo health plan" is the way to go. it is the united health care choice plus plan, and as far as i can tell, it is the most lenient on WLS. depending on your BMI you may qualify more easily through cigna or BCBS, but i don't meet the 40 BMI criteria for cigna, so i've switched to UHC during open enrollment. definitely use HR WELLS as a resource, they have always been knowledgable and friendly to me. hope that helps!<br /> <br /> by the way, what do you do? i'm an assistant store manager.

i work for wells fargo in austin, tx. i have been researching options for insurance and am fairly convinced that the "wells fargo health plan" is the way to go. it is the united health care choice plus plan, and as far as i can tell, it is the most lenient on WLS. depending on your BMI you may qualify more easily through cigna or BCBS, but i don't meet the 40 BMI criteria for cigna, so i've switched to UHC during open enrollment. definitely use HR WELLS as a resource, they have always been knowledgable and friendly to me. hope that helps!<br /> <br /> by the way, what do you do? i'm an assistant store manager.

So Wells is covering your procedure?

Boy I hope so, I was going to have the procedure done last year as a self pay, but then decided not to spend the $18k on it.

well UHC requires people with BMI between 35 and 39 to have 2 co-morbid conditions. fortunately for my health, weight is my only real problem. unfortunately for having the surgery covered that means i have no other co morbitity. blood pressure is good, no diabetes, heart disease, or anything else they consider. i did the sleep apnea tests and came back with very mild, but not enough to consider anything serious. i'm kind of back at square one, not able to self pay and fairly convinced that my insurance will not cover.

hmmm... well I guess my doctor could write some stuff up for me.

I mean heart disease is a huge issue in my family, and I have high blood pressure.

SOooo I hope that would be enough for them.

Do you know how fast they'll approve or decline the procedure?

hmmm... well I guess my doctor could write some stuff up for me.

I mean heart disease is a huge issue in my family, and I have high blood pressure.

SOooo I hope that would be enough for them.

Do you know how fast they'll approve or decline the procedure?

I have UHC. It only took about 7 days to get a response. Make sure that your employer does not exclude weight loss surgery from their policy. UHC provides WLS as an option...but some employers exclude it. Good Luck!

i don't know how long it takes unfortunately because i haven't even tried submitting without the required information. My family has horrible health history: high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, thyroid issues. I'm told by TrueResults that they don't care about family issues or history. I wonder if I had my doctor write something up as well if that might change things...

:( I am sorry Toni not sure of your name am using part of your posting ID. I just read this thread again did not realize I had replies. I am a Probate Collector and Project Manager for Wells Fargo Card Services at the Barnhart Center in Hillsboro Oregon. Nice to meet you. We Wells people ROCK! You were right it is United Health Plus through Wells that covers the surgery. I am in the process now went to the meeting and sent in first paperwork. Have my physical ewwww next week. How are all of you? Do you work at a branch or a call center? Thanks too for replying

LuAnn

Tony sorry I just sent a reply then noticed you said you worked in a store. Is it an instore branch then? I work in a call center building it is secured no public.

LuAnn

i work at wells fargo...have uhc choice plus...super duper easy...but my bmi was over 40...i had more things to fulfill for my doctor than the insurance. once the doc submitted to the ins it took about 3 days to be approved. there's a 2k out of pocket maximum so that's pretty much what you can expect to pay