Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 2nd begining b'day was 10/17/07

Hi there,

I 've been sincerely enjoying your messages so much. So I thought tonight I would stop lurking and introduce myself. I am now at day 4 post-op and day 18 into my liquid diet. So far I am doing perfect plus I have lost 15lbs. I am so excited to be back into bandland after a year without a functioning band.

I pray all here will have a great exsperence and all of us will far exceed our goals to loss weight and run from our food bondage. I look forward to getting to know more of you and gaining your support as well.

Sincerely,:clap2:

Hi Judy- glad you are joining us. It will be great to have your knowledge as us newbies navigate through our new banded lives. How did they discover you had a leak? When they couldn't get any saline to go in? Is that a common problem?

Thank-you so much Carrot. It's funny that I feel so-o-o like a newbie and excited about my 5 day old new Lap-band AP-s. This is even though I had been fairly successful as a bander before having loss 77lbs and getting to BMI of 27. However, as a food-aholic I regained 40lbs in the last 12 months. . . it was a tuff year. A very tuff year dealing with my lap-band lost and FIGHTing with my old WLS center and UHC to pay again for my continuity of care ... I lost the fight and am self-paided for my new band. Oh well, the Lord owns it all.

I have done considerable research on many lap-band sites and have never known anyone to have this type of leak. I am the only one with a pinhole defect within the intertube to occur with a steady state of 9.1cc and 30 months out. Allergen had also said no this is uniquic; my old band is being sent to them for their analysis of the defect and hopefully they will help me pay for my new lap-band. But let me also say, I went a year without a band not knowing exactly where the leak was. This was even though it was initially determined as a 100% leak within the intertube with contrast fluoroscopy by the head or radiology at Duke University Medical. But they could not agree (doctors and Allergen) until they do a complete physical exam. So we'll see what Allergern hopefully can do for me. I feel sure they will because I know they are a responciable medical supply company who has a great focus and concern for the lap-band patients in general. Also, after all my research and my own personal success with my first band, I felt good enough to take the risk for a 2nd one. I knew I was safe, a new one would again be adjustable and it was not causing ANY physical (BUT HUGE MENTAL) issues just sitting there. I had an endoscope exam after 5 months with the leak and it proved that there was NO erosion and no slippage. IT was just 100% failure and not functioning.

Sorry for the long message...but others have asked and I thought I'd just cover it here. Thanks again for the warm welcome. :) :eek: B)