Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can someone please explain..

Thank you so much everybody for your encouragement and advice. It has really helped. I'm staying away from the scale for a week. My follow up appointment at the doctor's office is next Tuesday and I'll let them weigh me then. I might even get my 1st fill that day. I've added in a lot more Proteins, I'm not eating as many carbs and I've increased the calorie intake a little bit...not much.

The pudding and yogurt are not sugar free. Unfortunately I have really bad reactions to artificial sweeteners so I can't have them. But I haven't even had pudding in a week and when I do eat it it's only a couple of times a week at most. Both the pudding and yogurt are low fat though. The mayo I eat is lite mayo (not fat free). I have had some butter on my potatoes but it's a really small amount..barely there. The cheese is full fat but I have such a tiny amount it doesn't add up to much.

I get a bit of exercise through my job, so I'm not just sitting all day. I'll be joining the gym again in November when I have enough money and I know that will really help a lot.

I guess I just expected to always see a loss at least for the first few months when I got on the scale and seeing not only that I hadn't lost weight but gained some floored me. My body has freaked out I guess. lol. I do have a slow metabolism unfortunately. I know the exercise will speed it up a bit though, so in November I'm hoping to see more pounds coming off.

Simply, your body refuses to lose weight/ aka unlock the cellulose. Our bodies are machines and they are programed for fuel intake...when that fuel intake goes below a certain point...WARNING! WARNING! the brain orders the body not to allow cellulose to break down...after all, fat cells are nothing more than stored energy.

I bet if you increased your calories ...you'd start losing. But you can only catch the body out of sync for so long. After a day of eating high calories, cut back again.

This was put to the test and the hypothesis is...it takes sugar to shrink fat cells.

Thank you so much everybody for your encouragement and advice. It has really helped. I'm staying away from the scale for a week. ...

Hi flower faery,

The tone of your post sounds so much better. I am very happy for you. It is wonderful to see you recover from being down. :D

I wanted to tell you that my scale goes up and down all week and for me that is okay. I know I am getting stronger, my metabolism is getting higher and I just plain feel better. My trainer really helps me out. On the days that I work with my trainer, I burn more than 1600 calories during exercising (minium of 1000 with him and another 600 in cardio afterward). I had a great NSV (Non Scale Victory) last week when we took measurements after five weeks. 18 scale pounds amounted to 44 lbs of fat loss and 26 lbs of muscle gain. If my trainer was not taking the measurements, I would have thought it was just 18 lbs. I guess what I am saying is that the scale is only one measurement. Look at your overall accomplishments. I also believe that the band has one important difference than other methods. The band helps you keep it off (the yo-yo effect is over:clap2:).

Good for you and keep up the good work:waytogo:. I hope you get the fill and begin to get some restriction. Be patient for your sweet spot, it will happen for you.

Happy banding,

MMT

The good news is I've now lost the 3 lbs again so I'm back on track. So in total I've lost 14 lbs so far. I go for my first fill Tuesday. And I start back to the gym next Thursday. (Finally got the money to go back..yay!) I'm feeling so much better now. Thank you again to everybody for your advice and encouragement. :(

Sounds like you have your problem licked! Isn't it great to be able to come here and receive the encouragement it takes to keep us from giving up?