Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering about fills

Ok folks here is my question and situation, I was banded 4 weeks ago, I am having my first fill on November 15th. My weight loss has been slow, a lot slower than I ecpected, I followed the post op diet for 4 weeks and now i am slowing returning to eating regular foods , staying on basically 1200 calorie diet. I did lose about 15 lbs befor surgery and about 10 lbs since. I really expected to lose more in the first 4 weeks and most to that was in the 2 weeks after my banding, the scale has barely moved in 2 weeks and I am getting discouraged. So i guess my question to you pro's is, is this normal? i am assuming a fill will make a differance?

Thankyou, Sherrylynn

Where were you banded Sherrylynn? At my clinic, if hunger has returned and weight loss stopped, they will start our fills at 4 weeks. The physicians and staff have recently updated the post-op progress and diets. I had my first fill at 4 weeks, and the second 3 weeks later. I will be trying to arrange my 3rd fill for later this week - it will be a smaller increment, but I'm not quite there. The weight loss really won't start until you have reached a proper retriction - this takes time. Hang in there and check to see if you have to wait another 3 weeks before your first fill - it seems a bit long.

Cindy

Hi Cindy, I was banded in Moncton New Brunswick, my doctor is a little backed up with fills, I am hoping to have a second fill 3-4 weeks after the first, the problem is he is to busy unfortunatly. he is the only doctor in the Maritime provinces that does WLS. So basically he is covering 4 provinces. but I knew that going into this journey, I am trying to be patient but I feel like time is being wasted . I will keep plugging of course.

Sherrylynn, I think you're doing great. I didn't even lose 10 lbs in the first 4 wks after surgery! I know how much it sucks waiting, but don't worry, it's gonna happen for you too! ;)

Sherry Mandi is right - I am really impatient too - but the weight didn't come on all at once - it will take time and work to get it off. Let it happen - good idea to book your fills for 2 weeks apart, easier to cancell if you don't need them, but it must be frustrating to have to wait so long. Hopefully your doctor thinks about training some of his nurses to complete the fills.

Cindy

Thankyou very much ladies that is good to know, being on the luquid diet and puree's i thought it would fall off so fast. Now I am feeling better about it. thankyou again. Mandi I am amazed at what you have accomplished, YOU ROCK girl.

Sherrylynn