Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill coming up Thursday.

Guest barb n mike

Guest barb n mike

I'm new to the site...my husband Mike and I were banded on the same day (11-19-04). We're set to have our first fill this Thursday. Any tips?

Hi & Welcome!

Every Dr. has different pre fill advice. My Dr. does not want me to eat 2 hours prior to a fill but I can drink liquids up to a half hour before a fill. Other then that , it is a pretty quick and painless process. Does your Dr. use flouroscopy? Best of luck to you both..I remember the anticipAtion of my first fill, alot of nerves for nothing.

Guest barb n mike

Thanks for the tip....so far no advice from the doctor. I certainly hope he used flouroscopy!

Also check what his post-fill rules are. It may feel the effects of your fill right away or it make take a few days to hit. That's really neat, being each other's band buddy!

Boy, I can't eat or drink after midnight the night before a fill and I'm back on liquids for 2 days after. I've got my second fill coming up on the 17th so I hope that this one works.

Good luck to you!

Guest barb n mike

Sounds like I'd better get the scoop before going on Thursday. Thanks for all your input. And yes, it is GREAT having a buddy at home.

My first fill was today, my doctor did not have any food restrictions before the fill, but now I'm on liquids for 24 hours. My doctor did not use a topical or spray to numb the area, he used a needle to numb the area, I HATE NEEDLES, said it would feel like a bee sting, more like a swarm of killer bees. Then I could taste the stuff he was using to numb me.That made me sick on my stomach, got all hot and clammy, thought for sure I was gonna pass out. Of course I'm asking/telling him, did you read on lapband talk, this isn't suppose to hurt, it's suppose to be a breeze. The actual fill was only pressure, did I mention I hate needles.

OK, I guess I'm a wuss, he put in .75cc, gave me Water to sip, all went well from that point.

Not only was I the first adj band for my doctor, I was his first fill.

Good Luck

Guest barb n mike

Wow, now I'm really looking forward to this! My doctor is new at this, too, so I'll be interested to see what he does. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I gotta say I'm really nervous!