Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are kids vitamin supplements good enough?

Hi my expert family!

here in New Zealand the range of supplements on offer (like the range or Proteins etc) is less. I have been looking for a chewable Multi-Vitamin for post surgery in 2.5 weeks - my surgeon gives a smallish pill to swallow but said it is just the basics, and when the tummy can handle it to move to Centrum.

I found yesterday a centrum for kids, chewable. Orange, tastes ok. Any thoughts on whether two of these would suffice until I can swallow adult centrum?

EE2279B8-490A-4D14-B17C-998A852A99BB.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Biddynz said:

Any thoughts on whether two of these would suffice until I can swallow adult Centrum?

Ask your weigh loss clinic's dietitian or nutritionist, @Biddynz ... they are the people who have your earlier pathology reports.

Or check with the GP who referred you for WLS.

Centrum, Centrum Women 50+, Centrum Men 50+ and Kids' Centrum are all somewhat different formulations.

Myself I have always taken Vitamins made for WL people. I know after I fired my Surgeon and went to another Bariatric Surgeon and was told that FLINTSTONE Vitamins if doubled, would be enough. But they were horrible!! After my RNY I was told to use chewable Centrum, way too sweet for me. I couldn't wait to get something else. In comes Celebrate capsules. If you wanted to (told by my DR) you can open them and sprinkle them on applesauce or other food. I had no problems swallowing them. I do feel it is very important to use Bariatric Vitamins but each to their own. I hope you can get this worked out.

My group prescribed a Flinstone's Complete chewable for me.

Edited by Creekimp13

On 11/25/2017 at 4:45 PM, Creekimp13 said:

My group prescribed a Flinstone's Complete chewable for me.

I'm still pre-op, but my program's nurse practitioner said the Flintstones chewables are the best post-op Multi-Vitamin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches