Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 10/1/2007 - IM GAINING!

Hey Everyone!

I lost 17lbs in just over 2 weeks and now I feel no restriction and I am worried. I actually put on 1-2 lbs! I called my doctor and he wont do my first fill until 11/15/07. Anyone else have this problem? I am so hungry....urrgggg

oxox

kim:(

Hi Miss Kim,

I got my band 10-3 and I am having the same issues. Really hungry. Haven't lost as much as you have but based on what I've read on this site it isn't about losing at this point, it's about healing. It's funny, my first Dr appt is also on 11-15. Not sure if I will be getting a fill then but I hope so as I feel no restriction whatsoever.

I started mushies on 10-17 and I am having a very hard time getting my Protein grams in so I'm supplementing with Protein Drinks. That seems to help.

When you lose a good bit like that you tend to lose restriction because your stomach skrinks. Let your doctor know how hungry you are when you go for your fill. Hang in there Donna

:hungry:Hi. I was banded on 9/6/07. I lost 20 pounds the first 3 weeks. These past 3 weeks I have lost nothing. Like you all, I am hungry. I am making healthier food choices however, I continue to consume too much. I had my first fill last Wed. My band can hold 6cc and they gave me 1cc. I feel no different---still has hungry as ever. I am going back in 2 days for another fill. Doc says a lot of people need to go a few times for a fill before they feel restriction. (I wish they would have informed me of that before the process so I knew what to expect and not get discouraged). I feel as though all the people who know I had it done keep staring at me and wondering.............. Lucy

I guess I have a GREAT doctor - the nutritionist there when over every thing i could eat - showed me how to count Protein - gave me sample menus and foods.. 64 oz Water & 60 grms of Protein daily... I even had homework... planning a menu and counting protein grams...

Full liquids - Cream Soups (heathly request low fat) Protein Shakes, broth (I made homemade) made pinto Beans - then took the Beans out and pureed and added back to the broth - yummy... Juices (lite) ... sf puddings - sf fudgecicles dannon lite & fit yogurts - add unflavor Protein Powder to your food (it has to cool some can't be over 130 degrees) in fact you can add to your coffe in the morning - also my doc sell clear protein drinks - grape, peach mango - punch they are great - can't find then on the web but found some close http://www.bariatricchoice.com/detail.aspx?ID=9

Pureed/Mushiee - zuchinnee - yellow squash, creamed spinanch - mash potatoes, refired beans, soft fish (mashed up), oatmeal (weight control), scrambled eggs (eggbeaters are great and lower in calories) pureed meat didn't appeal to me so i ate fish

Soft - fork tender foods

I was instructed to eat healthy - low fat - sugar free - and not to overload on carbs - i still eat carbs - 1/2 cup of rice - small red baked potatoes, 1/2 c Pasta - corn tortillas - lite wheat bread - 1/2 cup mash potatoes and when I am hungry i eat extra veggies as they are good for you and are low in calories (spray with I can't beleive it's not butter spary) - I don't fry anything - all my meats/fish/chicken are grilled or bake and if i am having a taco - i eat a soft taco not fried....

While i was on full liquids only counted protein grams - but once i went to mushiees i counted calories & protein - and logg my food - I find this helps me immenselly (sp)

You are going to be hungry sometimes - but that hunger isn't going to kill you - those extra pounds will.

The band does about 25%of the work and the other 75% is up to you to make healthly food choices...

I know that with my 1st fill it did help the hunger for the 1st week but then it loosend up - I go back Wed for my second fill - I am able to eat about 2 cups of food per meal - I usually don't for Breakfast - but for lunch and dinner i do - I am hungry alot of the time - but the 40lbs i have lost so far is the motivation to keep going forward until i get to my sweet spot.

Also, I find that half the time i'm not really hungry - after a meal of we will say a cup of mashed potatoes - i would sit and think about my tummy it was truely full but cuz it taste so good i would want more...

This is work girls - but you are worth the work... You can do this...

Good Luck !!!

Oh my God I'm not alone! I was band on 8/31 and have lost 13 llbs, and starting to feel that I should not have done this. I got my first fill 10/4 and for the first couple of days lost 7/lbs but now struggling. I gained 2 lbs over the weekend. Just left a msg with my doctor to see if I could get another fill. It does seem soon for you to panic but I've been panicking as well. Are you following the diet restrictions that were given to you?

<p>The key to continuous weightloss is..</p> <p> </p> <p>Band+exercise+food portions+good food choice = success.</p> <p> </p> <p>You all have heard this before but I will reiterate it again.</p> <p>The band is a tool, kind of like a weightloss pill, sure you'll drop a few pounds but if you do not change your lifestyle, eating habits, etc. ....you'll not have success with this band.</p> <p> </p> <p>Everyone knows that exercise is great for you. But exercise and cheeseburgers just won't give you results. Exercise coupled with a Mocha BK Joe - (340calories) or a Starbucks Mocha Frapuccino....doesn't mean you'll lose weight just because it is a liquid. High calorie liquids will surely make you gain weight.</p> <p> </p> <p>I know calorie counting is ridiculous but it works. You have got to count your calories burned, calories consumed. </p> <p> </p> <p>Here is the formula for weightloss...</p> <p> </p> <p>Band+ Exercise+basal metabolic rate -total daily caloric consumption = Loss or gain</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>Band (restriction tool)</p> <p>Exercise (E) - How many calories did you burn today through exercise?</p> <p>Basal Metabolic rate (BMR)- How many calories did your body burn ...by not doing anything at all?</p> <p>Calories Consumed (CC) - How many calories did you consume today?</p> <p> </p> <p>so....</p> <p>(E) 1,000 cal burned through exercise + (BMR) 1,500 calories your body burned on it's own = 2,500 calories burned. </p> <p> </p> <p>2,500 calories - (CC) consumed calories 1,500 = -1000</p> <p> </p> <p>-1000 calorie deficit means you are losing weight</p> <p> </p> <p>but....</p> <p> </p> <p>(E) 500 cal burned through exercise + (BMR) 1,500 calories your body burned on it's own = 2,000 calories burned. </p> <p> </p> <p>2,000 calories - (CC) consumed calories 2,000= 0</p> <p>This scenerio shows you will maintain your weight</p> <p> </p> <p>and...</p> <p>(E) 0 cal burned through exercise + (BMR) 1,500 calories your body burned on it's own = 1,500 calories burned. </p> <p> </p> <p>1,500 calories - (CC) calories consumed 1,900 = + 400 calories </p> <p>This scenerio shows you will gain weight</p> <p> </p> <p>Drink Water, take your current body weight and divide by 2, ...that's how many oz of Water you should consume per day. The more water you drink, the more water your body will flush and the more water you drink, the more your body will rid of toxins.</p>

Keep a food journal and definately try to be as accurate as possible and count those calories. Hop on the treadmill and burn 500 calories and record it and do the math. Will you lose or gain today?

<p>Hi there! It looks like you really known what you are talking about and that is exactly what I was looking for. I need your help. I need a mentor and I would like to know if you would do me the honor to be the person I can talk to? Would you?</p> Indiogirl55, my email is admarino2001@yahoo.com but I will be checking this page for your answer. Thank you!

I was banded on 10/5 and I too am hungry. I've lost 13 lbs since surgery, but now I've gained a pound or two back when I got on the scale last night. I'm on mushies, but can eat more than I think I should. I'm due for a fill on 11/13 and I can't wait! I pray I get some restriction. I'm eating healthier foods, but I am still eating larger quanitities than I think I should be. I think I'm in "banster hell".

I was banded 9/27 and have been able to lost 30 pounds so far. I had my first fill on 10/19, and it made a difference last night, which was the first time I tried anything I couldn't drink or spoon out of a yogurt cup. I had a can of tuna for dinner and that filled me up perfectly. Of course that 30 pounds had nothing to do with the band other than the fact I did not want to get sick eating the wrong things.

Here are the things I've done since surgery:

1. Followed doctor food instructions 95% to the letter.

2. Pack my Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and take it to work with me, eating when desired.

3. Exercise at local gym 5 days a week and either work out on home on Saturday or make a point to get the family outside for some type of extended physical activity. Sundays I take off.

4. Drink lots of coffee, drink lots of Protein shakes, eat Muscle Milk pudding, drinking a fair amount of Crystal Light...the on the go packets are awesome!

Just those four items have made a world of difference for me. I was even in Chili's on Saturday with friends and did not feel deprived. A typical meal a month ago would have been Boneless Buffalo Wings, a bowl of Soup, and an "Oldtimer" hamburger with fries and a couple of beers or sodas. On Saturday I was satisfied with Soup. :)

Oh my God I'm not alone! I was band on 8/31 and have lost 13 llbs, and starting to feel that I should not have done this. I got my first fill 10/4 and for the first couple of days lost 7/lbs but now struggling. I gained 2 lbs over the weekend. Just left a msg with my doctor to see if I could get another fill. It does seem soon for you to panic but I've been panicking as well. Are you following the diet restrictions that were given to you?

Hey Disney Fan,

I was banded on 8/27 and can't have a fill until Nov 29th. I am so upset but there is nothing I can do. Insurance won't pay until then. I have read on my usual thread that you may need 2 fills. Please let me know how you make out. I am in the same boat as you right now.