Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been up since 2:30, after another bad evening of nausea. This has been going on for 4 nights. Thankfully I haven't lost my night meds, but I always fear I will. This all started after a night of actually losing my meds. and the Protein I had taken with them. I am up to the "Mechanical" stage of diet effective today. I am hoping this will help. I broke down yesterday and had 6 whole little 'oyster crackers' I needed something to help with the nausea and I needed some crunch. These little crackers I was able to eat until they were nothing but mush in my mouth, so I pray they didn't hurt me. But, I have reached the point of "WHAT THE HECK HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF??? :56_anguished: I don't care about the weight I've lost. I don't care that my Drs all told me that I needed the surgery or I would be dead within 5 years. I just want to go back to the way I was, or at least jump ahead about 3 months because where I am right now STINKS!! I don't know if the Fibro is making this recovery harder. I don't know if all my additional meds are making it harder. I don't know if this is the norm for 3 to 4 week recovery period. I am thankful for a good supportive husband, but I need to hear from others going through it. :) Also, suggestions on a Vitamin please. I am not tolerating mine and having to take 4 times a day is not good. :671_pill:

Hi, I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I know this will sound so mechanical but it will get better. First, call your Dr for something to help with your nausea. There is no reason to feel so bad. I use a nonflavored Protein Drink called GENEPRO. I add it to my espresso every day. You need to get your nausea under control. Focus on getting your fluids in and push that Protein hard. It doesn't take long for us to dehydrate. Are you sick before or after you eat or drink? Check with your Dr. You could have a Stricture. ( kind of like scar tissue) not to worry if it is there is an easy fix. They do an Endoscope and use a balloon to dilate your Stoma. Not trying to make problems where there isn't one but explore all of your options. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing. BTW I also have Fibromylgia and my surgery has actually helped me some. So that might be something that helps you too.

Edited by shedo82773