Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calm me down! Now!

:help::):mad::Banane20::help:I am having an overwhelming amount of anxiety because I have no restriction. Everyday I can eat more and more. I tried to side track myself today by taking the baby for a walk, drinking hot tea, etc. But, all I could think about was the Halloween candy in the second drawer calling my name! (I buy the big candy bars for the kids) AAHHH!!!!!!

Help me before I eat a Snickers and gain 10 pounds!

(My first fill is on Oct 30th)

I was banded 8-8. Have had 1 fill and have an appt 10-22 for another. I am not restricted at all, and like you I feel like I could eat anything. I am eating things that I know I shouldnt but am trying to hang in there til Monday. Last time I weighed (10-15) I was still losing although just 1 1/2lbs. So I guess I am not over the edge just yet!

2B Thin,

Thanks. I am not happy you are going through this too, but happy I'm not alone. Yesterday, I feel like I ate so much. BUT, I WAS SOOOO HUNGRY! I ate: Turkey Sausage for BRKFT, Jimboy's Veggie Burrito (3/4) for lunch, Tomato Soup for a snack (I usually don't need a snack), and for dinner, about 3 cups of veggies/rice with sauce. I did everything I could to not snack on all the junk food in this house: Brownie Cookies, Ritz, Halloween candy, BBQ Potato chips, etc. I kept myself occupied with lots of coffee, hot tea and even a glass of wine. But, I am realizing that alcohol makes me hungry. So, I am not going to drink anything 'till my fill apt. I can't believe I have to wait 'till the 30th, then drive 7 hours to Mexico for this. (Do I need to buy Mexi-Insurance for my car?) Anyway, I am going to do my best today to fill up on veggies. I bought a dill veggie dip, it's not non-fat, but better than nothing I guess. I also need to try to drink my Protein shakes more often.

Hope everything goes well for you! Wish me luck! :(

I know you are probably trying to please your family by buying the junk food, but have you thought about trading it for healthy Snacks? Apples, other fruit, dried fruit and trail mix. Little trail mix packages with chocolate mixed in. I love the yogurt drops in trail mix. Instead of buying the candy bars go to Sam's club and buy the individual packs of trail mix and nuts to give the kids. I know it would be disappointing to them but they would probably eat it anyway and love it. Nobody said you have to sit and suffer watching your family eat junk. This could be a major turn to get your family on track eating good foods and helping them learn good eating habits. Plus it will help you out loads!!!

Wowzer, if you want a Snickers that bad, eat a Snickers.

It's not going to make you gain 10 pounds, and if this is the result of your craving, it's better (IMO) to eat a Snickers and be done with it, than get to the point where you're obsessing about it (sounds like you're there now)... because that's when you eat 10 Snickers.

I know just how you feel. I was banded 8/15/07 and have very little restriction. I had a fill 4 weeks ago and go again 10/25/07. I can hardly wait. I know I eat too much, but keep doing it. What is wrong here? I want to loose the weight so bad, but some times just fall off the wagon. I don't eat until I am sick or anything, but I know I eat too much. Please get that candy out of your house!!! If it was in my house I could not sleep untill eating it. Like Wheetsin said have a small piece, because if you are like me once I start obsessing about something (food) if I don't distract myself or eat a small amount of what ever it is more than likely I will over eat. I know how hard it is I live it every day. Please hang in there.

JP:)

Was banded on 8/29/07 and have had 2 fills, up to 7.6 cc's in AP band. Don't eat that Snikers. Don't buy them, it's only hurting you and your family. The bands a tool to help you with the weight loss but it's not going to stop you from eating the snickers. What do you want more weight loss or the snickers?

The bottom line is it's just a struggle each and every day to not overeat. I do cheat but not over the edge cheating. I agree, if you want something, eat it and get the craving over. I've had my 1st fill and fill no restriction but am still logging what I eat. I am still ending up eating very little fat and carbs and keeping intake around 1000-1200 calories. But guess what? The weight is not coming off!! I'm losing 1-2 lbs every 2 weeks it seemed for the last month. I speed walk 5 times weekly and just started working with bands last Saturday. I am looking at the good in this and the long term. I'm 31 lbs lighter than I've been in 10 years. I'm going to be patient and eventually get to the fill that will give me good restriction. So don't beat yourself up too bag. Look at how far you've come and look at some long term bandsters and see how long it took them, some more than others but they kept at it until they got to where they wanted to be. Hang in there!!!! We've got to do this and we can do this!!!!

Don't eat that Snikers. Don't buy them, it's only hurting you and your family.
How is buying Snickers hurting her family? Or her? Are we trying to incite panic? Unless you can't afford a Snickers and are doing bad to your household income with the purchase, buying a bag is not going to hurt you. Or your family, or your neighbors, or anyone else. EATING a Snickers isn't going to hurt you, or we'd have an awful lot of people laying in broken piles around vending machines. Eating 3,000 Snickers is gonna hurt you. Let's hope you didn't buy that many. :(

Eating Snickers and other junk food is what's got us all to the point of having weight loss surgery to start with. We need to be buying and teaching our kids healthy choices so they won't end up with weight issues.

Eating Snickers and other junk food is what's got us all to the point of having weight loss surgery to start with.
Perhaps you got here by eating junk food, perhaps I did, perhaps some out there did, but not "us all." No way. I know several bandsters and bandster wannabes who aren't at all fond of junk food, but are still obese - because they eat too much "healthy" food, are too sedintary for their caloric intake, etc.

People cannot be afraid of their cravings. IMO, it's not a good practice to tell someone it's going to hurt their family to buy or eat a candy bar. All that's going to do is infect the guilt they will already feel and deepen all the bad emotiona stuff that's going to happen when they finally do something bad (and chances are, that's gonna happen).

When cravings go unfulfilled, undesired behaviors such as binging are WAY more likely to occur. The majority of us can probably relate to this.

I'd rather someone eat 1, 2, 3, hell 5 or 6 snack sized Snickers, because they have a craving and this will satiate the craving, than not have them because they're afraid of failing or they've been told it's going to hurt their family... deny the craving, it festers and builds and they end up doing a full blown binge or obsessing to the point that a few will no longer offset the desire.

A bandster is going to be hurt (literally and figuratively) a hell of a lot more by binging than by having the blasted Snickers.

I agree completely with Wheetsin.

I did NOT get fat eating candy and fried foods, I got fat by eating too much regular food. My portion sizes were out of hand, I didn't get my fat a$$ up and walk or move, that's why I'm fat.

If I want a candy bar (I hate Snickers-thank goodness) I'll have one, because if I don't, I'll eat everything else because I can't have that candy. And then still probably eat the damned candy anyway.

It's almost Halloween, I'm sure many of us have lots of candy in our houses in preparation for that night. And what's wrong with a little candy? Just because I'm fat doesn't mean my husband or son can't have a candy bar

There are lots of good thoughts on this matter. I can understand the concept of not having things in the house, because they are so 'available' but not. I try to keep trader joes lime fruit floes, and one or two other things around that I can chow down on and not feel bad. The fruit floes are great, it satisfies my desire for sweet. My husband and I don't buy too much junk, it does help the kids, and us , to eat less of it. The way I see it, when kids go to school, or most places, everything is packed with sugar, so I don't feel like we need to keep much in the house. I don't do halloween, so I don't deal with all the candy crap.

I have noticed now that my appetite goes up, as I have adjusted to the initial band placement. But the lady who said about taking it easy, focus on the positive, think about the good things that are coming, the positive actions you have already taken. Tomorrow has it's own anxiety, eat a snickers, eat some jicama, I love the asian pears. Just take some alone time, nice bath with music, candles, just getting in touch time.:)

Mmmm jicama.

You can cook jicama in some sugar free cider mix, weetner and cinnamon and make a crunchy, but not horrible, low carb substitute for country-style fried apples.

But it's much better just sliced & chilled.