Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Essential Oils and sleeve surgery

Hello,

I am a huge fan of using essential oils. I mostly diffuse however I do put lemon oil in my Water everyday and Digize. Has anyone here has issues using oils after surgery. I use young living.

Hi! I love EO too. That amount of oil shouldn't cause an issue (though I have bypass, still shouldn't be an issue). I personally have problems with oily/fatty food, but not a few drops.

I usually just diffuse too though. What are your fave combos? I mostly just use lavender, but sometimes I'll switch it up and do peppermint and eucalyptus when the family is studying (supposed to be good for memory/retention).

Most essential oils are fairly benign so in general, I do not see a problem.

1 hour ago, fruitandveggies said:

Hi! I love EO too. That amount of oil shouldn't cause an issue (though I have bypass, still shouldn't be an issue). I personally have problems with oily/fatty food, but not a few drops.

I usually just diffuse too though. What are your fave combos? I mostly just use lavender, but sometimes I'll switch it up and do peppermint and eucalyptus when the family is studying (supposed to be good for memory/retention).

I diffuse different things depending on what’s going on. At bedtime is lavander. When the kids are stuffy I do RC and peppermint. Lemon in my Water every day helps me 💩. When hubby tresses I use stress away and lavander massages. Thieves from time to time but I mostly use it for cleaning. I love my oils lol

I found one called Inner peace at a music festival and fell in love. But sometimes those fresh eucalyptus & citrus scents are so invigorating. Sandalwood is soothing I find also.

My wife uses Young Living as well. She also uses doTerra. I hate the smell of most of them, but must admit they do work. Digize is great for an upset stomach. She gives me peppermint oil around the back of my ears when I am tired. Oil of Oregano got rid of a throat infection that I had at the beginning of the year. It burned going down even though I diluted it in Water.

It also got rid of some pediatric warts that my daughter developed. The funny thing about it is that we went to our pediatrician, who referred us to a dermatologist, who basically just had us purchase Lubriderm Cream. She said it would get rid of them after a few months of doing this a few times daily. My daughter has eczema, and that is what caused them to spread. We purchased several bottles of the expensive stuff, and it did nothing. The eczema got a bit better though. After about three or four months of this, my wife looked up home remedies. Long story short, we tried oil of oregano on them. They were completely gone within a week.

I swear by that stuff.

DoTerra's Deep Blue cream is great for sore muscles and achy joints as well. I use it on my shoulder and knees before a workout.

I love my Young Living essential oils !! When I was at my pre-op, I brought a list of the oils I use on a regular basis. It was 2 pages, 2 columns each page !! The Dr was stunned!! I had to assure him that I didn't use all of them every day, but I do use numerous daily. I use Thieves with coconut oil on the bottom of my feet. Orange on my toothpaste to whiten my teeth (they practically glow), frankincense and envision as my night cream, I diffuse lavender and northern lights black spruce to sleep like a baby. I love stress away, and valor. Don't get me started, I could talk all night about oils .... :)

12 hours ago, Wanda A said:

I love my Young Living essential oils !! When I was at my pre-op, I brought a list of the oils I use on a regular basis. It was 2 pages, 2 columns each page !! The Dr was stunned!! I had to assure him that I didn't use all of them every day, but I do use numerous daily. I use Thieves with coconut oil on the bottom of my feet. Orange on my toothpaste to whiten my teeth (they practically glow), frankincense and envision as my night cream, I diffuse lavender and northern lights black spruce to sleep like a baby. I love stress away, and valor. Don't get me started, I could talk all night about oils ....

I totally screen shotted this so I can try these oils. I’m just starting but so far love them!

7 hours ago, Mrs.2252 said:

I totally screen shotted this so I can try these oils. I’m just starting but so far love them!

Ha !! Love it !! I truly believe that essential oils have made a vast improvement in my life, physically, mentally and emotionally. I am always looking for an 'oil cure' for any ailment, even before I check the medicine cabinet. Some things work better than others, but I still keep trying. Glad you love them!

I have my surgery in 3 weeks, and I'm still trying to figure a way to bring my diffuser to the hospital! :P