Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I-doser

Has anyone heard of or used this? I just heard about it this weekend. It is a series of sounds that you listen to on headphones. It induces certain "mock" experiences. There are ones for relaxation and energy. There are also some for anesthetic, marijuana, etc. A close friend of mine who is a college student tried the anesthetic one recently and it scared him to death. He is a very scientific and analytical person (math major with an emphasis in economics). He says this most definitely works. He wants to try the "out of body experience" one next. I did some research online and found out that this technique was developed in France. I would like your thoughts on this and your experiences if anyone has personally tried it.

I-Doser: Binaural Brainwave Doses

This is the official website but you can download it for free all over the web. What are your opinions on this?

While he is a very scientific and analytical person, he is a business man.

I'm not impressed. But I'm sure others will chime in and give you their thoughts.

Oh, I must not have my post very clear. Sorry. My FRIEND is the one who is very scientific and analytical. I have no idea who invented and is selling this. My friend used a FREE version that he downloaded off the web.

I just want to say how much I despise companies that jump on the i-wagon!!!

Have you tried it mrspruett? I will try to find somewhere online to download and try it for free.

No, I haven't tried it yet. I actually find it a wee bit scary. My friend said it scared him at first because it actually worked! It kind of freaks me out that my mood can actually be altered into a certain state by sound waves. I know music can change our mood. But to produce the effect of a drug, out of body experience, etc. seems a little creepy. I may try it. I haven't decided yet. I thought someone may have used it already or have heard about it.

Ok, I'm too lazy... I can't find any where to download it that doesn't seem seedy. I'll let someone else give it a go.

Argon-do you find it all creepy or am I just weird? The fact that our minds can be manipulated by an outside source and all.......

I guess it is really important to listen through headphones because there is a right side- left side thing that is important in the experience.

I know a crazier than crazy doctor that is using it. He swears it's curing his many issues. I really doubt that, he has too many issues. :mad: He's a weirdo, that's my only experience with these sorts of products.

Well I do know that we can be effected by things like that. My husband used to work at a movie theater when he was a teen and just for fun he would splice pictures of popcorn and concession items into the movie reel. You couldn't see them cause they flashed by so fast. Him and his friends would get stoned and watch all the people in the movie get up and go buy food. What a shithead!