Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 1st Fill!

Today was my first fill and I was sooo nervous! I didn't know what to expect so here it is blow by blow:

They weighed me, took my blood pressure (which was the highest it ever was) and pulse. I think my BP was so high, bc I was so nervous! I don't like needles and a needle in my stomach sound especially unappealing.

The dr. had me lie down on my back, lift my shirt and she was feeling around for the area to try to find the port. Every time I would wince, she knew she found it bc I am still tender in that area. Then she gave me novacaine to numb the area and then put the saline in. It didn't really hurt, it just felt like there was some pressure.

She said that she gave me quite a bit of saline, so I should notice a difference. (I forgot to ask how much exactly). She said I had to go back on liquids for 2 days then on to soft foods for 2 days.

She also gave me eating guidelines...less than 1000 calories a day, eat Protein first, veggies second & then I could have fruit. Pretty much avoid carbs. Wow, this is going to be hard!

Honestly my surgeon gave me no instructions for eating, he just said to eat whatever I could when I went back on solid foods.

I have to go back in 2-3 weeks for my 2nd fill. I am happy about the agressive schedule, bc I would like the weight loss to advance.

That's it...it was pretty painless!! I will let you know how it goes when I actually have to eat something again. So far, only a little tightness in my chest and my stomach is excessively growling (it must know I am back on liquids- lol).

I was happy to read your post. I was banded on 9-11-07 and my first fill is on 10-26-07. I really wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't thrilled to see you were experiencing excessive hunger as I am experiencing that now and was hoping the fill would fix that. Maybe it will be different once you can eat again. Keep me posted on how that is going. I am so anxious to have my fill.

:help:

I would like it if someone could help me add stuff to my posts like the ticker and info like surgery dates, fill dates, etc. I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Tairah,

To edit your signature and add things like a ticker or surgery date, etc, click on "user CP" in the upper left hand of your screen. this will take you to your control panel. click on "edit signature" and you can put a permanent signature there, including a ticker.

Thanks, I got part of it but having a hard time with the ticker. I copied and pasted the ticker but when I preview I just get url not the ticker. Any suggestions?

I had my fill today too-pretty much the same procedure-they injected me with Lidocaine-I could feel it go through the tubing-really weird-it stung a little but nothing that bad- then they injected the saline-couldn't feel that at all-I have a 10cc band and my doc gave me 4.4 cc fill-i go in every 30 days for the first year..thats basically it- I do feel different-no hunger at all right now- I had 1/2 c Soup for lunch, and 1/2 c soup for dinner-one more day on liquids..

Hey that's great. I have been reading other posts and a lot of people still are feeling no restriction until the 2nd or 3rd fill. Hope it stays that way for you.

Update: Today is the 3rd day after my fill and I definitely still feel some restriction. Yesterday we had a party at my house, so I snacked a little (grapes, strawberry) and for dinner we had roast pork. I started eating some pork, yummmy, then ate a little more (About 1.5 oz in total) Once the pork hit, I got this feeling of sudden fullness and a sharp pain in my chest. I stopped eating immediately and about 5 minutes later the discomfort passed.

Also, I have been pretty much a vegetarian for the last 3 years. However, I am finding it difficult to stay away from carbs without eating at least some meat (there's only so many eggs I can eat!). So I started eating a little meat again.