Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh?

I have to admit - I'm addicted to weighing myself now! This morning I weighed before my shower and was down to 265, and because I was so excited I'd lost a couple more pounds I weighed right after to see the number again, but I was back up to 267! What gives?

Also, do you tell your SO/Spouse how much you weigh? I didn't want to tell my BF, but he came with me to my first post-op appt. I made him wait out in the hall while I was weighed. Then, we were sitting in the room, waiting for the doc and I said, "Fine. I'll tell you." So, I spilled it..My highest, my pre-surgery, my at surgery, and my current. Not five minutes later, the doctor came in and said, 'Good news! You were 295 your first visit, 285 at surgery and now you're down to 275!"

I just laughed and said, "Good thing I'd shared that information w/bf!" My poor doctor was so embarassed, and I was very glad that I had shared.

My DH isn't really concerned about it, so I don't tell him. He knew my highest weight, and I say things like 'Down xxlbs now!!' or "i'm officially OBESE instead of morbidly obese" now hehe.

I weigh myself too often, and my common trend is bouncing. I have 3lbs I'll bounce between for a week I.E. 281-279.. bounce bounce.. by the end of the week, it's 3 new numbers- 280-278.. and so on. So I don't get discouraged with all he numbers, I know that bottom number is going to change soon :)

I am trying to not weight myself as often though, I hid it under my cat bed and I'm waiting till my doctor's scale on Monday!

That weighing every day will pass, trust me :). The last time I was weighed was at the doctors office, many months ago. If the clothes still fit that's all that matters to me!

I am addicted to weighing myself. I know it's not good, but I can't seem to stop. Every morning I wake up, go to the bathroom, strip naked and get on the scale.< /p>

It's like a kid at Christmas....just a peek.

I weigh the same time every morning, in the same spot, wearing my same pj's...I do wash them. :)

I'm in the KNOW of what's going on with me and I like that. Others don't need the scale...and that's fine for them. Wish I could do that...but being 136 just 2 years ago, I stopped weighing myself every day. So when I week or so would go by and I gained a pound... "oh, it's just a pound"... well, a year went by of that and I was over 200 again!

scales are my friend, my reality check.

(oh, didn't notice clothing size changing as I was on a tropical island wearing skirts and tshirts every day... that elastic can fool you!)

That's how I feel about weighing every day, too. I know the weight can and will fluctuate 3-5 pounds. But that's due to what's going on in my life. If I'm retaining 2 pounds of Water, I usually know without a doubt what caused it. Weighing makes me face it, know it, own it. Lots of times, I don't want to weigh, but I have to hold myself accountable for what's going on there.

Since I discovered what I weigh (at the time of my surgery) I weigh daily. It's my reality check. I have never gained more than 3# or so and I credit that to weighing daily. If I am gaining I stop and think about my food choices, are they salty, am I retaining Water, or did I just eat too much of what I shouldn't. It kept me on track and still does.

I weigh every morning too. I really think it does make a difference in how I eat. I agree that it's a good reality check. A lot of times I weigh before I go to bed too. I know I am addicted to the scale.

Weighing before I go to bed also tells me how I did that day.

First thing in the morning, last thing at night, every single day.

I dont think its necessarily a bad or destructive habit.

If my weights up a pound or two or the same for aaaaages I know to watch it and try a bit harder. If its down then I'm motivated to try even harder. Its a winner either way.

I am addicted to weighing myself. I know it's not good, but I can't seem to stop. Every morning I wake up, go to the bathroom, strip naked and get on the scale.

Ditto to that!

I weigh myself every Monday morning. It's my way of starting out the week, and focusing. Every once in a while, I'll sneak in an extra weigh in, if I'm noticing my clothes or my rings a bit more looser.

I have to admit - I'm addicted to weighing myself now! This morning I weighed before my shower and was down to 265, and because I was so excited I'd lost a couple more pounds I weighed right after to see the number again, but I was back up to 267! What gives?

Also, do you tell your SO/Spouse how much you weigh? I didn't want to tell my BF, but he came with me to my first post-op appt. I made him wait out in the hall while I was weighed. Then, we were sitting in the room, waiting for the doc and I said, "Fine. I'll tell you." So, I spilled it..My highest, my pre-surgery, my at surgery, and my current. Not five minutes later, the doctor came in and said, 'Good news! You were 295 your first visit, 285 at surgery and now you're down to 275!"

I just laughed and said, "Good thing I'd shared that information w/bf!" My poor doctor was so embarassed, and I was very glad that I had shared.

Every morning, and often at night if I exercised a lot that day, or feel like I ate too much. I am just interested in this whole process, and what activities, foods, or drinks impact the weight loss process. Also watching how stress impacts weight. I'm my own little research project.

I have never told my DH what I weigh - I always hated the number myself so why would I want to tell him? I have recently told him how much I have lost so far, so he can figure it out if he wants to.

I do not weigh myself everyday. I look at the offical number when I go to the doctor for a checkup. I will say everyonce in a while I will check my weight at work but just use that as a guide.

Chris