Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my pre op liquid diet... tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

I am on day 4 of the liquid diet and will be banded on Oct 29th. My diet consists of 3-4 liquid Protein drinks per day I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand w ff milk and then unlimited amounts of the following cream Soups (no potato or Tomato? ) v-8 or tomato juice, sugar free pudding and Jello, sugar free popsicles, Decaf coffee, clear broth, sugar free carnation instant Breakfast, cream of wheat :mad: (not oatmeal or grits) sugar free cocoa. So far I have followed it to a tee. I am a sweet eater so the pudding and popcicles help with that, but I am really starting to strugle with wanting some real food. I still have 8 more days of this and the last two are Clear Liquids. I too think if I can get through this I can get through anything. The only advice I can give is that if you really feel hungry drink another Protein Drink, that seems to fill me up better than the other stuff and sometimes I put it in the freezer and eat it with a spoon so my mind thinks its ice cream. Good luck with the liquids and your surgery.

Eileen

Thanks, I am going to get on me hard beginning tommorow because I have to loose the 15 pounds so I will stick up to 3 proteing drinks and Water, some gatorate etc.. It will be hard but its only couple days left Nov 1st is near by!

i was banded on 10/15/07. next to the birth of my kids and marrying my husband it was the best day of my life, because i know it is going to give me my life back. this time i'm gonna make it! reading about the success so many of you have is an inspiration.

Hi, I'm a newbie. My banding date is 11/01 and I started my pre-op diet on 10/18. I am really surprised at how many different pre-op diets there are! My pre-op diet consists of five 8 oz Optifast brand diet shakes, clear broth, sugar-free liquids, and raw vegetables/salads. I was required to buy shakes for one month (2 weeks pre/post op), chewable Vitamins for after surgery and 7 days worth of frozen pureed meals. Is this similar to anything anyone else is doing? I am reading some of your pre-op diets and my mouth is watering at the thought of tuna or turkey or cottage chesse!

I was also told the purpose of the diet is to reduce the liver. I wasn't given a specific amount of weight to lose. I have to say, it's been fairly miserable. I've really been missing food. It's even been making me second guess myself and it's only been two days! Does this diet seem overly restrictive? I can't see how every person getting this surgery can do this perfectly. I hope it gets better.

starryeyed

edeva3....i never heard of having to lose a certain amount of weight prior to surgery ...... drink lots and lots of Water .... it helps optimize your weight loss, and it helps keep you feeling full ....eileen

smithem15 - hi - i'm eileen as well, and i'm being banded on the 31st....thanks for the idea of freezing the Protein shakes, i'm going to try that today......

CTgirl, wow same name, same age and almost same weight (I have 20lbs on you) and almost same band date. I am from Northwest Indiana. I can't wait to get this done. I am 6 days on the liquid diet and it hasen't been to bad. I have to go two more weeks after the surgery with liquids only also, so by the time I'm done, mushies like cottage cheese and mashed potato's will be a feast :hungry: . Good luck with your surgery, and we can keep each other posted on our progress.

the other Eileen

Well here goes.... I am wondering what this is going to be like. November 2nd is my surgery day and it is creeping up soon. I am a bit nervous yet very excited at the same time. I would like to hear from anyone with words of wisdom to get me through these next 2 weeks...........lisa

Nov 2nd for me too.... hardly wait..

the other eileen... yea..seems like we have a lot in common...i'm from fairfield, ct....my pre and post-op diets seem similar to yours, so we can be miserable together...i had never heard of unjury...i like the unflavored part...i ordered some online after reading your post...thanks

hey, Lets keep together I will be banded on the 1st Now too! and I am also on liquid! 15 pounds to go and I am half way...scared...

Hi CTgirl,

right Water water! I have to remember! so are you saing that there is no HAVE TO loose some weight? I heard from somebody that if I wont do it they wont let me have the surgery! I am so under a stress with that!

edeva3 ...... i've ad to go on a pre-op diet for 2 weeks, but there was no mention of a specific amoint of weight i had to loose......i can see why you're stressed.....the Protein shakes have been great...i don't feel hungry at all, as long as i keep drinking liquids in between....good luck...i'm pulling for ya!!!!!

Eileen

During my liquid pre-op I lost 21 pounds in 2 weeks. I had 4 sahkes a day and lots of sugar free popsicles. I was banded 10-10-07, I have lost total 36 pounds, but I am still uncertain what or excatly how much I need to be eating now. I am so afraid I will eat or do something wrong and the band slip. Any advice. Girls hang in there on the pre-op liquids.

My doctor wanted me to get my BMI down a point or 2 but there main reason is so there will be less fatty around the liver, makes placing band easier, but do not stress on it, hang in there, however I did lose 21 pounds on my 2 weeks pre-op. You can do it!