Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged. 3 weeks post op.

Hey GB family,

I’m super discouraged today. I’m two weeks and five days post op. I’ve only lost 15 lbs from surgery weight (311). I thought I’d be losing more weight.I’m only worrying because l’m at a stand still. Has anyone had this problem? The scale is just not moving !! My 1-month post operative appointment is in 10 days. I’m afraid that’s not enough weight for 1 month..

HW:311

CW: 296

GW: 165

You are in the "three week stall". Usually lasts for a week or two. Stalls will happen regularly. It's a normal part of the process, and doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong... and there is nothing that will fix it. When your body is ready, the scale will move again.

The average weight loss for the first month is 15-25lbs. So you are already there! I lost 17lbs myself.. totally normal.

Wow! A pound a day is great! You are definitely in the above average group :)

I do want to let you know that for most people the scale will bounce up a few pounds here and there. When it happens, don't panic, because its just Water weight.

Increase your water!

I am 8 weeks post bypass and the losses have been a bit unpredictable. I came out of hospital about 8lbs heavier than when I went in. I had a lot of Fluid and had to wait for that to go. The first month I lost 36lbs but I stalled between weeks 2-3. I just stuck with the plan and eventually it started moving. Since surgery I have been back in hospital twice for other things and had a different surgery and BAM full of fluid again! That one is just starting to go and I have two more surgeries coming up. I think this month might be a bust. Considering all the stops and starts since 2 week liquid diet to now (10weeks) I have lost just under 60lbs happy with that. The dietitian gives me the plan I follow it whether I'm stalled it not and just trust the process

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches