Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new furniture arrives today...

Ordered a new couch & loveseat to go in the family room. I can't wait! Our current set is only about 2 years old but I never could grow to love it. This is the set I should have ordered.

We also stripped the family room bare lastnight, minus the TV/TV stand (it's TOO heavy!) GREAT opportunity to vaccuum/steam the carpets. That floor hasn't been this clean in a loooong time. And I found several things I'd been missing! And several things that pissed me off, like juice stains where my husband sits. Why can't men clean up after themselves? Why do they get to be the ones born without the "clean up after yourself" gene??

I don't know, I watch my husband do it all the time, and then I wait till he starts walking away and start going off on a rant.

We cleaned the house top to bottom this past weekend. On Monday night he remembered he has cinnamon bread, so I'm sitting against the sink (after doing dishes). He pulls out a dish, toasts the bread, puts butter on it (leaves top off).. spilled a thing of butter on the counter. I watch in amazement as he grabs his toast and walks away. Butter top off, and on the counter. Spilled butter on the counter. How is their brain functioning?? A bright sprarkly clean kitchen and he taints it without a thought. He does this with trash a lot too. After I clean the living room, he'll make a mess with trash and then when he's done, he walks away. Takes 2 seconds to pick it up and throw it away!!

FEEHHH.

I don't know, I watch my husband do it all the time, and then I wait till he starts walking away and start going off on a rant.

We cleaned the house top to bottom this past weekend. On Monday night he remembered he has cinnamon bread, so I'm sitting against the sink (after doing dishes). He pulls out a dish, toasts the bread, puts butter on it (leaves top off).. spilled a thing of butter on the counter. I watch in amazement as he grabs his toast and walks away. Butter top off, and on the counter. Spilled butter on the counter. How is their brain functioning?? A bright sprarkly clean kitchen and he taints it without a thought. He does this with trash a lot too. After I clean the living room, he'll make a mess with trash and then when he's done, he walks away. Takes 2 seconds to pick it up and throw it away!!

FEEHHH.

My 10-year old daughter does the same sort of stuff. A few times now, she's brought her leftovers in from the car (an accomplishment in itself) and then left it on the counter - right beside the refrigerator! C'mon!

The BF does the same stuff. 1/2 full cups on the dresser, in the bathroom, clothes on the floor beside the hamper. Is effort just not in their vocabulary?

cleaning is womens work anyway :rolleyes:

Ya know, when my husband says stuff like this, I remind him of what a man's job is in this little perfect world. And yet, I have to work too???

When you men pull your weight, then maybe you can start telling us what our 'jobs' are :cool: :bored

Clothes NEXT to the hamper amaze me too, almost forgot about that.

FEEHHH.

My ex was this way. he LOVED to cook however i dreaded when he did cause i would spend HOURS cleaning the kitchen back up afterwards. Your husband sounds like my daughter after 15 years of making her pick up after herself it still has NOT sunk in. And I am forever having to call her back to the kitchen/living room.

Thankfully my current mate isn't quite so bad. The only place he makes messes is at his computer which is in in our room so it gets picked up nightly or I have fits. LOL

Yah, my mate will wash the dishes (our dishwasher is broken) but never, ever wipes down the counter tops. It is the same when he makes coffee; he leaves lots of spilt grounds around the coffee maker. I don't rag on him, though, because he is doing part of the work. I guess this is what they mean when they talk about sharing the housework, eh. :)

We split the housework. Fpr the most part it works. There are some things I own exclusively, and some things he owns exclusively, and some things we share.

But it's funny, because the things I own *have* to get done (e.g. paying the bills), and somehow the things he owns (e.g. taking out the trash) maybe get done, maybe don't.

I do the grocery shopping and cooking, he does the dishes. Our original agreement was that every night I cooked, the dishes would get done (I hate dishes sitting on the counter or in the sink overnight). We're now down to about every 2nd night, and sometimes fudging it by just filling the pots with Water and leaving them "to soak."

Well we try that.. but he's lazy. Some exclusive things for me-cooking. he won't cook. I tried saying, I'll cook if you clean up after it, that didn't work. I clean the house.. picking up trash, cleaning litter box, cleaning the animals, feeding the animals, making the bed, etc.

His jobs are Dishes (because he fusses about me not washing them before going in the dish washer.. and I refuse to) But he won't do these for long periods of time, and 1/2 the time I end up doing them anyway.

Laundry.. I hate cleaning them, he hates putting them away. So he does all the heavy lifting and changing between W&D, then dumps them on the bed and I put them away.

I pick up the trash in the house, but taking trash out is his job. And at our new house, trash only runs ONCE a week and we can't have any cans over 32 gallon(GAH). It's a headache.. and so the night of trash, I tell him about 20 times "Take the trash out!" and he says "I will".. but doesn't do it when I say it.. and at least once a month when we have lots of trash to go out, and I've told him to take it out.. I go to bed before he does, wake up next morning and he FORGOT. Drives me nuts, he needs to just do it when I remind him if he can't remember himself!

Vacuuming is his thing.

Paying bills is me.

The problem I find is that.. my things, get done because I'm an adult and I do what I need to do.

For him, nothing will get done unless I ask or tell him to. And when I do, he acts like a kid. Huffs and makes a scene.

He never does things on his own accord, and I get to feel like crap for asking him to help out.

We both hate grocery shopping, but I make him go with me. Again, I hate going and don't want to do it.. but it needs to get done, so everytime we go, I hear him whine and complain the whole time. Then he tries to tell me I have '30 minutes' to get everything. When he does that kind of stuff, I deliberately take a long long time so he knows he can't rush me. heh!