Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi to all,

I am brand new to this site. I was banded yesterday. All went well. I am a little sore today. I switched over to Tylenol from percoset this afternoon. I have a little discomfort from the gas but it isn't too bad. Does it get worse ? I read a few postings about the gas and am a little worried this is not the end of it. Any one with info on what to expect in the next couple of days I would appreciate it. I'm excited for future.

Thaks for listening.:)

Bekkie

Hi Bekkie,

I was banded 08/10 and this is the right place to go for answers. I had a little gas after the surgery (I have it regularly now, LOL ,it's probably the food choices that I make) but I took the Gas X strips and the more you walk, it too shall pass. It's to be expected the soreness and all, but as the swelling goes down, you'll began to feel better. How long are you off wk? I would not pick up anything heavy. I milked that with my DH until he realized I could do anything over a period of time. While you are home, get your rest, but walk and remember to sip and walk, sip and walk. Make sure you also follow the rules to the letter. Take care.

I was banded on Friday 10-12 and had gas for 4 days--thats it! I was so scared because I read a lot of people on here saying how bad the gas was and how long it might last--I read upto 4 weeks. Clearly this is a support group and the people that have little or no gas don't post messages saying "GUESS WHAT? I HAVE NO GAS!" probably because they would be stoned to death by a mob of bloated banders. So, you might read a lot of problems people are having because they here for help and support.

Everyone is different. I walk and took gas x strips and it's gone.

Good luck!

Hi to all,

I am brand new to this site. I was banded yesterday. All went well. I am a little sore today. I switched over to Tylenol from percoset this afternoon. I have a little discomfort from the gas but it isn't too bad. Does it get worse ? I read a few postings about the gas and am a little worried this is not the end of it. Any one with info on what to expect in the next couple of days I would appreciate it. I'm excited for future.

Thaks for listening.:)

Bekkie

Congratulations!!!! I'm going to have mine done on the 15th of November......hang in there..... gwenie

Thanks for the info especially for the gas x strips. I never heard about them. I want to return to work on Monday but that will depend on how I feel. I drive school bus and it is not the smoothest of rides. lol I don't want to screw anything up.

This site is such a great place to go since no one around my house can relate.

Take Care

Bekkie

Bekkie,

I work for the school system and I'm also a bus monitor. We didn't start to school until 8/27, so I had 2 wks to recoup. I would ask the dr about the drive. You are right about the rough ride cause sometimes now, I feel like I'm exercising on it, LOL. Oh, I forgot to tell you about the Biotin, multi-vitamins and one lady says that she take B-12 (energy). The biotin is for the ones that sometime their hair fall out (lack of enough protein). It is also good for your nails. My hair didn't shed, but I take them anyway cause I like my nails long. Also, I try hard to drink plenty of H2O, instead of the "crystal light to go drinks", they are great, but at our support mtg, the lady said that the best way to get rid of the fat is to drink H2O. I drink the "to go" drinks sometimes, but I can tell the difference when I drink the Water. I try to cut off my water before 2:00 pm cause I don't know about your bus, but mine doesn't have a bathroom, LOL. I know that you won't need this infor for a while since you only had the band for a few days, but I just thought maybe you'll need it later. Take care.