Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omeprazol/Sleeping on belly

Hey all,

So today I had a small scary episode I'm two weeks in on my surgery, on Friday I was told to start puree foods, as every morning I wake up and have my Protein Shake, and sip Water throughout the day at about 12pm I had some pureed Calabasas (pumpkin) lightly season with sea salt and a hint of cayanne pepper. I waited about 1 hour an half so I can't take omeprazol, once I had it Lord I thought I was going to die, I got light headed,chills and stomach cramps, as if I need to use the bathroom but nothing! Two minutes later I start gagging and I was throwing up an acid sour throw up ( my guess the pill) I guess the force of having throw up I felt all my stomach muscles cramp up! It was horrible!! Is this normal? My LPN told me I should continue pill for the next 3 months? But this was before this episode! Who has experienced this? Please any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last question how long after surgery did those belly sleepers start to sleep on your tummy's, without any discomfort?

Most likely the added spice...your tummy is still healing. Think of it like this...you have a deep cut on your arm, dont pour salty spicy Water on it. I'm 1wk post-op and understand where your coming from be strong and patient with yourself 😉

Little confused with the way you worded things. But Omeprazole is a PPI and you should be taking those first thing in the morning (preferably on an empty stomach)

I dont see what anything would have to do with the pill though

Little confused with the way you worded things. But Omeprazole is a PPI and you should be taking those first thing in the morning (preferably on an empty stomach)

I dont see what anything would have to do with the pill though

Thanks for the feedback, it was a little scary to me because in the two week that I have taking those pills I never experienced this feeling of throwing up!

2 minutes ago, Drzthickness85 said:

Thanks for the feedback, it was a little scary to me because in the two week that I have taking those pills I never experienced this feeling of throwing up!

Well the pills are just going to reduce acid, so throwing up should be less painful. And result in less acid burn/reflux overall. If you threw up that is much more likely to do with the surgery and what you ate.

Most likely the added spice...your tummy is still healing. Think of it like this...you have a deep cut on your arm, dont pour salty spicy Water on it. I'm 1wk post-op and understand where your coming from be strong and patient with yourself [emoji6]

Thank a for the feedback I guess I was just a bit scared! That has never happened within the 2 weeks and now that I think back I normally took that pill on an empty stomach

My Dr. said to open that pill and put it in Jello for the first couple of months, but don't chew those tiny pieces in the pill. He said it works better that way, and the pill is too big for stomach to process right after surgery. He also said to stay away from spicy food for a few months as well. Your body isn't ready to handle those kinds of foods yet. Good luck!