Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A quick complaint about my surgeon's office...

Let me start by saying that I LOVE THEM...I think it is a terrific group of people, the surgeon I used was phenomenal and both my husband and I have had good success thus far.

Well, we both had fills on thursday and Squale (dh) called them today to ask for suggestions because my weight has actually gone up since the fill (???) and we are both getting the stabbing pain in the throat at almost every meal..

Well, it seems I might be in starvation mode, because of the stabbing pain, I am not eating enough calories so my body won't let them go...ok...Add another Protein shake etc...

But what really bugs me is that every time Squale has called, they make it a point to tell him that they don't expect much more from the band...that for both of us, it has already surpassed their expectations...

Well, that's all well and good, but that doesn't mean we should be left without hope. It's almost like, you've lost 80 lbs you big fat f*ck...what more do you want??? Ummmmm...90 more please!

I know they don't mean to be doing this, but it is just so flipping frustrating. Why can't they just accept that even if the band has done everything it can, that we will still need support and info as we go through the rest of our weight loss journey.

Uggh...

Thanks for letting me vent!

Rain

Well, it can be done. I've lost 160 and still going.....much more slowly but still losing!! don't let them discourage you.

I was having the same pain in my throat and it turned out to be heart burn. I thought it was my fill or I slipped. I went to see the Dr. twice. I had to change what I was eating to make it stop. Are you eating anything that could be causing heart burn?

;)

Seriously question any medical professional who mentions "starvation mode" to you.

Never heard of stabbing throat pain. That's weird. Does it happen even when your fine/not getting stuck?

IMO - there's no such thing as "the band has done all it can do." Don't get me wrong - I see why people think this. In my wallows of self pity I've thought it myself, but if you still have your band, it has not done all it can do. What it can do is continue to help maintain your portions and proper eating habits.

Part of a good post-op program is to keep you motivated. This is why the ones that get my thumbs up do offer support groups (even though I think they're corny), ongoing access to a psychologist, nutritionist, etc.

By stabbing pain, I mean that getting stuck feeling...I guess I didn't put it in the correct words...

I don't think it's reflux...I think I'm eating too fast...when I slow down and chew like a maniac, I feel better.

Rain